Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
I'm seeing one death a year. Is it because you have to pay to walk it?

Reactions: GravityUtilizer
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Tourist trap, highly secured, costs $30 to walk on the damn thing, too many people around, looking down into the gorge will make me feel like my balls turn inward, the views aren't that spectacular, easier to retrieve your broken shattered body at the bottom.

Reactions: Arvinneedstodie and Nyxtus
the-exit-plan

the-exit-plan

porter robinson - fellow feeling
Nov 20, 2020
living in colorado basically my whole life, i can honestly say the royal gorge has never occurred to me as a place to ctb.

• Wow
Reactions: GravityUtilizer
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Tourist trap, highly secured, costs $30 to walk on the damn thing, too many people around, looking down into the gorge will make me feel like my balls turn inward, the views aren't that spectacular, easier to retrieve your broken shattered body at the bottom.
Why does other people being around make it harder psychologically?
living in colorado basically my whole life, i can honestly say the royal gorge has never occurred to me as a place to ctb.
How come?

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
because i honestly forgot it was here

but also jumping there doesn't seem as romantic as the golden gate.
The golden gate is a terrible option. I read that people don't die on impact. It's not high enough. They break their bones and drown underneath. Usually they're unconscious but not always.

GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
It does have all that history though.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
Didn't know about this bridge before this post. 955 ft?! Dang. That'll do the job.
I'm actually now looking at a list of the tallest bridges in the US. I'm surprised by how many are taller than GGB, which is only 220 ft (ranked 45th) and such a popular spot. Our tallest here in Minnesota is only 204 ft and I've thought about taking a trip there if I decide SN isn't the way to go.

Reactions: Kramer
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Didn't know about this bridge before this post. 955 ft?! Dang. That'll do the job.
I'm actually now looking at a list of the tallest bridges in the US. I'm surprised by how many are taller than GGB, which is only 220 ft (ranked 45th) and such a popular spot. Our tallest here in Minnesota is only 204 ft and I've thought about taking a trip there if I decide SN isn't the way to go.
Royal bridge also looks like the end of the world just before the sun consumes us in a billion years.

Reactions: lifeisbutadream