C

catnowmeowmeow

Jul 16, 2024
I see so many people thinking that wanting to commit suicide is directly related to how good your life is, eg if only your life got better you would not want to commit suicidae. However is there a case where it is not correlated to your quality of life?

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Alexei_Kirillov and kunikuzushi
lamargue

lamargue

concupiscent soul
Jun 5, 2024
some philosophers who committed suicide did so for reasons unrelated to their quality of life

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Alexei_Kirillov, thebelljarrr and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case I personally wouldn't wish to exist under any circumstances, what I have a problem with is existence itself and would prefer to not exist no matter what. Being conscious and aware with the ability to suffer endlessly destined for nothing but to decay is certainly undesirable to me, I just want nothingness, I'd never be happy with existing, I just don't believe existence itself to have any appealing qualities in the first place, existing isn't for me and I just don't have any interest in it, never have done.

• Love
Reactions: littleinsanity, ijustwishtodie, Alexei_Kirillov and 1 other person
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I think not having your kind of a good life is one of the major reasons of committing suicide but so is mental illnesses, physical illnesses & chronic pain, philosophical reasons of not wanting to take part in this life, although that one might be in the minority and several more reasons.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
T

timetodie24

Warlock
Apr 14, 2023
I guess most people who end their life are unhappy about something whether that's their self, illness or disability, situation, trauma, concept of life itself , society etc.

But I do agree that often people think it is always related to being depressed or temporary circumstances. When it can be a lot more complained. You can know that things will get better and that your loved etc. , all the cliches and still decide life is not worth it for you .

Reactions: JinZhin, Forever Sleep and rozeske
-nobodyknows-

-nobodyknows-

Student
Jun 16, 2024
I think it's because most people can say "if x was different I wouldn't do it".

Naturally, the problem is that x can't change.

• Love
Reactions: Zaljko and WiltingBogStar
Z

Zaljko

Oct 17, 2019
Jon Nödtveidt was a musician who killed himself in 2006, alleged reason was that "he prefers to go out with a smile on his lips when he has reached his peak in life, when he has accomplished everything, and aim to transcend this earthly existence".

Then again the guy had some... different... views and a criminal past, so make of it what you will.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I think that it's true in most cases. Suicide is based on lack of happiness. If you think that your life is more positive than negative, you should live. If you think that your life is more negative than positive, you should ctb

Reactions: sserafim
T

timetodie24

Warlock
Apr 14, 2023
I guess most people who end their life are unhappy about something whether that's their self, illness or disability, situation, trauma, concept of life itself , society etc.

But I do agree that often people think it is always related to being depressed or temporary circumstances. When it can be a lot more complained. You can know that things will get better and that your loved etc. , all the cliches and still decide life is not worth it for you .
* complicated
Not complained . Just noticed now and too late to edit

untothedepths

untothedepths

Your right. Your life.
Mar 20, 2023
Happiness promotes better health. It's a scale for how well you are doing in terms of socializing, needs met, and more. If you have a lack of contentment, chances are you are lacking things you need.

Cute_&_Loving

Cute_&_Loving

I like trinkets:)
May 10, 2023
I thought even if I had everything I wanted I'd want to die. Aging is not for me.

Endless_suffering

Endless_suffering

Student
Jul 12, 2024
I see so many people thinking that wanting to commit suicide is directly related to how good your life is, eg if only your life got better you would not want to commit suicidae. However is there a case where it is not correlated to your quality of life?
My life is just fine. I have a great husband. A nice house too. I even have a PlayStation 5 console. But I have debilitating mental health issues. PTSD and depression mostly. And epilepsy. You can't take away what's been done to me. Unfortunately there is no factory reset for life. My life now is dandy compared to the life I previously lived but I'm always in pain. I'm always having nightmares. I can't forget my past abuse. I can't make it go away. I'm in pain everyday. Physical and mental.
My life is just fine. I have a great husband. A nice house too. I even have a PlayStation 5 console. But I have debilitating mental health issues. PTSD and depression mostly. And epilepsy. You can't take away what's been done to me. Unfortunately there is no factory reset for life. My life now is dandy compared to the life I previously lived but I'm always in pain. I'm always having nightmares. I can't forget my past abuse. I can't make it go away. I'm in pain everyday. Physical and mental.
Also I have chronic migraines and lower back back pain and a detrimental fear of opiates that would help the pain because of my drug addict parents