• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

PreCambrianBliss

PreCambrianBliss

Touring the primordial aeon
Apr 26, 2023
From what I can find, dock lines are thick, smooth, soft, and floppy which I assume makes knots tighten down easier. They are typically nylon and are somewhat elastic. Static climbing rope however seems tougher and not as flexible, which makes me worry that my knots wouldn't cinch and bind how they're meant to when load is applied.

Everyone says you only want static rope, but why? Can a bit of stretch really make a difference

J

jwordz

Student
May 26, 2023
From what I can find, dock lines are thick, smooth, soft, and floppy which I assume makes knots tighten down easier. They are typically nylon and are somewhat elastic. Static climbing rope however seems tougher and not as flexible, which makes me worry that my knots wouldn't cinch and bind how they're meant to when load is applied.

Everyone says you only want static rope, but why? Can a bit of stretch really make a difference
no idea but a quick search about syatic rope shows that static might stretch 5% vs 40%