• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

Tory123

Jan 23, 2023
From what i can tell, all you need is potassium nitrate and a blowtorch to make the nitrite, so why is the much harder to obtain SN preferred?

Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
Afaik Potassium is more effective than SN, but it's more painful, not peaceful enough for human scale

TapeMachine

TapeMachine

perpetually confused
Jan 12, 2023
I do not possess the knowledge necessary to answer your question; but in the hopes that someone else will come along and answer, I'm going to follow this post. :)

littlelady774

littlelady774

running on empty
Dec 20, 2018
According to Wikipedia, the LD50 of PN is 235 mg per kg, slightly less toxic than SN which is 180 mg per kg.

I really don't know. Good question!

Edit:
Potassium catches fire when interacting with acid? So stomach acid + potassium would be bad. You'd definitely want acid reducers for that lmao

Last edited:
F

FireWalkWithMe

Experienced
Jun 18, 2022
Why is SN preferred over ingesting a gallon of sulphuric acid?

I guess it comes down to perceived peacefulness. There are many ways to go but not many that offer that.

And availability. SN came about because it was extremely accessible at one point, and is still relatively accessible for most with a modicum of research due to being a product the public could legitimately use for curing purposes whereas many toxic substances are controlled. It is what it is...until a superior option is found it is going to be popular.

Reactions: aSilentVoice
T

Tory123

Jan 23, 2023

I guess it comes down to perceived peacefulness. There are many ways to go but not many that offer that.

And availability. SN came about because it was extremely accessible at one point, and is still relatively accessible for most with a modicum of research due to being a product the public could legitimately use for curing purposes whereas many toxic substances are controlled. It is what it is...until a superior option is found it is going to be popular.
But like, SN and PN work through the same mechanism, they're both nitrites, theyre not radically different like this impliees
Potassium catches fire when interacting with acid? So stomach acid + potassium would be bad. You'd definitely want acid reducers for that
That refers to elemental potassium, pretty sure sodium metal doea the same, as for LD50 that makes sence, KNO2 has a higher molar mass, so more mass per NO2 ion

littlelady774

littlelady774

running on empty
Dec 20, 2018
That refers to elemental potassium, pretty sure sodium metal doea the same, as for LD50 that makes sence, KNO2 has a higher molar mass, so more mass per NO2 ion
Ok that makes more sense! I was really scratching my head on that one.

For your original question, I'm not sure.. it's a good question. I mean they both cause methemoglobinemia. They're both used as meat preservatives. Is PN irritating I wonder?

I did a small essay about the biochemistry of SN: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...of-methemoglobinemia-and-sn-ingestion.108163/

Maybe someone could research and do one for PN

Last edited:
T

Tartuffe

Open to PMs
Mar 31, 2022
Might be because there's not been many studies with CTB and PN. It's a lot easier to source though

Reactions: Tory123
S

SorrowMind

Nov 9, 2022
isn't PN even more regulated because it can be used in explosives?

K

Kenya

Sep 21, 2022

Please tell me how I can acquire it. I have gone on Amazon and cannot find +95 sn. Any other links seem to be only for industrial buyers. I am very anxious to ctb, but don't want to "almost" do it as previously. Please someone help me.

littlelady774

littlelady774

running on empty
Dec 20, 2018
I can't find potassium nitrite. Is "potassium nitrite reagent" right? I'm half tempted to buy it and try it out