J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
I thought about CTB with SN but it seems such as uncomfortable way to die. Everyone seems to throw up, or feel sick.

Reactions: daddy Phil :)
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Easier to drink something than injure or strangle yourself.

Reactions: demuic, degeneratewaste, Ghost2211 and 6 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Besides the throwing up part, it seems to be the most painless way to go besides N due to passing out and unlike N, in some countries it's also pretty easy to get legally.

Edit: Oh yeah, and it doesn't seem to leave any permanent effects if you fail. At least not from what I've seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stepheng7287, demuic, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 2 others
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
Besides the throwing up part, it seems to be the most painless way to go besides N and unlike N, in some countries it's also pretty easy to get legally.

What about hanging?

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I'd rather feel sick than die in pain. discomfort >pain
I also prefer the idea of just being able to consume something and die at home and "comfortably" (in bed, sleeping)

Reactions: demuic
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Easy to get, regimen is easy to follow as long as you stick with it. Most people fail to suicide because of SI, anxiety, and being absolutely scared of death. Death is uncomfortable, even the ones who die in their sleep feel some sort of discomfort for a bit before passing on. For me, if I fuck up again, at least get me to brain death/vegetable state because then my living will can go into affect at least.

Reactions: demuic, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Meditation guide and 2 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
What about hanging?
To me personally, the thought of a botched up hanging is more painful than a botched SN attempt. I guess maybe a proper hanging can be pretty painless too.

Reactions: demuic, LastFlowers, DFFP and 1 other person
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Reactions: AnotherBrick, demuic, Studio84 and 1 other person
bov

bov

Arcanist
Aug 26, 2020
Besides the throwing up part, it seems to be the most painless way to go besides N due to passing out and unlike N, in some countries it's also pretty easy to get legally.

Edit: Oh yeah, and it doesn't seem to leave any permanent effects if you fail. At least not from what I've seen.
More painless than the inert gas method?

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Easy to get, regimen is easy to follow as long as you stick with it. Most people fail to suicide because of SI, anxiety, and being absolutely scared of death. Death is uncomfortable, even the ones who die in their sleep feel some sort of discomfort for a bit before passing on. For me, if I fuck up again, at least get me to brain death/vegetable state because then my living will can go into affect at least.
Can someone make a living will without having to go see a lawyer? I am home bound and would really like some document that would ensure my wishes are respected when I am dead but I am not elderly enough for doing it the normal way without raising any alarm.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I think it's been romanticized a bit. It seems better than many other options, but is far from perfect.

Reactions: Studio84
Z

Zebedee

Lost all hope
Sep 30, 2020
I think it's popular because it's painless compared to many other options. Since it's difficult to get a hold of in the UK, my preferred method would be CO / charcoal, which is apparently peaceful and painless.

bov

bov

Arcanist
Aug 26, 2020
I think it's popular because it's painless compared to many other options. Since it's difficult to get a hold of in the UK, my preferred method would be CO / charcoal, which is apparently peaceful and painless.
A lot of CO / charcoal survivors reported horrible sensation

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Z

Zebedee

Lost all hope
Sep 30, 2020
A lot of CO / charcoal survivors reported horrible sensation

As far as I understand, if it's done correctly it's supposed to be relatively painless and peaceful, compared to more conventional methods like jumping or hanging.

flagmaster

flagmaster

Oct 19, 2020
As far as I understand, if it's done correctly it's supposed to be relatively painless and peaceful, compared to more conventional methods like jumping or hanging.

This is my preferred method too. People can accidentally die from CO poisoning because it's odourless and it puts you to sleep. If that doesent sound less discomforting than drinking something extremely salty that makes you throw up and your heart beat out of your chest then I don't know what will

C

Corraled

Student
Oct 11, 2019
A lot of these poisons cutoff your oxygen supply, your body knows and tries to breath faster and heart beat goes up too. Same goes for nitrogen, people say the body only detects and excess of CO2 and not a lack of oxygen but its not true, its just not as bad.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
The action of drinking isn't too scary and doesn't trigger too much SI compared to jumping or shooting. On top of that the consequences of a bad attempt seem to be that you throw up and wake up more or less fine, whereas many other methods are likely to leave you permanently disabled if you fail.

Reactions: AnotherBrick and demuic
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
More painless than the inert gas method?
Maybe? Maybe not? I haven't looked into that method as much since it seems to require more setup.