whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Oblivion > Skyrim > (literally anything else) > Morrowind.

Lmao, this on a suicide forum. I'm feeling awful today. 2h from work ending and I'm laying down in my bed and typing on a suicide forum. My work ethic is dissappeating the more I have had to deal with normies. I hate them, their system deserves no respect and no care. They're cruel, conceited, blind and self-absorbed.

My chronic fatigue is slowly getting worse every year, the walls are closing in, I'm mostly sexually impotent now too. I will need to go through the humiliation of leaving or getting fired, then a last ditch effort with doctors etc. When that fails... I will need to be gone at some point.

So, Morrowind being a mind numbingly boring wasteland hasn't helped. An old friend pushed for it for months and I caved. One of the worst games I've played.

• Hugs
Reactions: noname223
bed

bed

CTBed
Aug 24, 2019
One of those games that didn't age well. I still think it's a brilliant game for its time but yeah trying to go back to it i've always given up rather fast. skywind looks promising but i've been waiting for that for years lol

I liked how you actively had to pay attention though or read your journal. felt like you were actually in the universe rather than just seeing a waypoint and going from A to B. To me the game had a much stronger sense of exploration compared to oblivion and skyrim.

Reactions: Skathon and whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Jan 15, 2022
I see your point but the characters are scarce and lifeless. It feels like a wasteland, a desert. Gothic 2 is superior in all aspects IMO, so is Oblivion which despite what people say its very similar but greatly enhanced.

The journal thing is marginally enjoyable.

Reactions: Skathon
bed

bed

CTBed
Aug 24, 2019
never played gothic 2 so personally can't compare them without being bias. do you think it holds up unlike morrowind?

A lot of the places are desolate but i never found the characters to be lifeless per say. i think one of the biggest things going for morrowind was the actual open world aspect with no loading times going into the city. similar to that skyrim mod. It made you feel more immersed. Plus I really liked how you were just a random person in the world and weren't set up for a great destiny. Just another passerby who could decide his own fate. Unlike skyrim/oblivion where the narrative is more pushed on you from the get go.

I won't push the game on you but if skywind ever gets released i'd recommend you give it ago since it'll be morrowind on the skyrim engine. Looks really neat from test builds i've seen.
The journal thing is marginally enjoyable.
yeah i feel the same way in terms of enjoyability but for emersion purposes i think it does well.

Last edited:
Reactions: whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Jan 15, 2022
But will they make voice overs and populate more the absurdly large maps?

bed

bed

CTBed
Aug 24, 2019
honestly not sure, i don't keep up with it that much. i think they're adding some new quests and dialog but i could be wrong.