Unsure and Useless

Unsure and Useless

Drifting Aimlessly without Roots
Feb 7, 2023
Apologies if this is meant to be a question that actually means something else, but I'm going to assume you meant this literally.

A possible explanation is that big companies that produce the majority of modern entertainment are choosing to stick with what works, which ultimately leads to stagnation. For them, it's more efficient to produce another movie about some superhero with explosions instead of putting in the effort to create something new and interesting. Plus, relying on old characters brings in more money to buy mansions and yachts.

As for what would be interesting, I don't know your tastes, so I can't say for sure. However, I suggest looking into indie media? More often than not, they are willing to experiment with new ideas.

Reactions: girlsboysthems, Sweet Tart, DynamicDepression and 1 other person
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
not particular order but just my guesses:

since the internet exists and everything is easily accessible legally and illegally no one uses cable anymore and the closest people will get to using it is a streaming service (the older generations still uses it I assume)

what Unsure and Useless said

shorter attention spans so they don't expect people to pay attention so they either put whatever on televisions plus a big celebrity or influencer or it's just constant action or something to keep people watching instead of a real plot or something interesting

(I see this a lot with modern children's television and I hate it, just big bright flashy colors, low budget animation, and singing, or it's just like a winamp visualizer but what if it sucked and were for children)

people just aren't using their televisions you really don't even need one anymore

it's just one big fancy computer monitor at this point with cords (HDMI cables and component cables to watch stuff on a Roku or chrome cast or your wifi providers streaming box or your phone, computer, or laptop) if you don't have a smart tv (you could just watch YouTube on your tv all day) and boxes sticking out of it

DVD or VHS player? not needed. just look up your film or show and pay for it or download it illegally without getting caught by your internet provider
pirated-this-meme-v0-09fwi0nkidcb1.jpg

and stream it from you various other devices that can connect to your television

which makes me fear that DVDs are going to go extinct which is bad for me because I like physical copies, crt tvs, and VHS tapes and VHS players

televisions are just things now that feel like they are supposed to be there but 80 to 90 percent of the time it's off you could just take your phone in the next room rather than racing back to the TV after commercial breaks but that isn't a problem since you can just pause whatever you're watching on the TV

edit: also people really aren't taking the time to enjoy entertainment it's just background noise for most people now unless they have a friend over or actually go to a movie theater I find it easy to watch films alone though but some people just can't which is understandable

so I guess in summary everything is so accessible that things are more low quality so you can just search elsewhere if you don't want the art of television and film ruined for you or being mocked on modern television or various streaming services

if anything I would just pay to be a member/subscriber to The Criterion Collection or better yet I'll just buy my own DVDs or borrow them from the library since places like Blockbuster no longer exist and I'm surprised Redbox is still in business

anyways, this is why I don't watch television I haven't watched or used my television in years your better off finding something online or getting into film I personally am into art house films and disturbing and obscure cinema and have been for years sorry for the long response

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleJem, gummycentipede and Sweet Tart
D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
Entertainment is mostly algorithmic these days. Not that there weren't predictable and dull media in the past, but with the ever-shorter attention spans of the public coupled with our lives becoming more algorithmic by the day, it's just more profitable to cast a wide but shallow net. Media productions these days generally leave a bland taste that is comfortable to most people and keeps them coming back from more. It's inoffensive and that's all it's trying to be. I won't say that I'm above it myself, it's just the way most people work, I think.

Very few pieces of media produced are unique and when something unique does come along it spawns a sea of bad-to-mediocre rip-offs trying to cash in on the hype surrounding the new thing, usually misunderstanding what made that piece of media stand out. For example, after the anime Puella Magi Madoka Magica came out, a lot of new anime tried to copy what they thought made that series successful. But instead of the excellent writing, deep symbolism, and beautiful animation which made Madoka Magica so good, most of the anime following in its footsteps just added a lot of senseless gratuitous violence to cheerful visuals. I realize this isn't a comparison that most people reading this will understand, but it's one I think illustrates the problem with modern entertainment very well.

The short answer is that modern entertainment is simply too focused on profits. Even smaller indie productions that aren't made for monetary profit can instead substitute it with a form of social profit. For example, instead of making a film one is passionate about, one makes a film that hits the specific criteria for what a specific niche considers to be good filmmaking. It's not about the film, it's about the prestige.

Reactions: noname478, Unsure and Useless, gummycentipede and 3 others
Namensjemand

Namensjemand

Cursed
Jul 16, 2023
I blame Jesus.

The Romans knew how to entertain!

Reactions: BrainShower
_Alfarooq_

_Alfarooq_

Useless bastard almost making the decision to CTB.
Jul 24, 2023
I find going to airports and watching planes takeoff and land entertaining.

Reactions: Gena, LittleJem, girlsboysthems and 1 other person
CarambaAlbum

CarambaAlbum

Jun 16, 2023
It's Jews that hate Whites. It's simple.
I blame Jesus.

The Romans knew how to entertain!
Hell isn't where all the quirky gay people go, you're going to be fed your most debased vices until you get sick of them but you'll be forced to deal with that for all of eternity. You'll regret what you said, pigfuck.

• Love
Reactions: Namensjemand
Namensjemand

Namensjemand

Cursed
Jul 16, 2023
Hell isn't where all the quirky gay people go, you're going to be fed your most debased vices until you get sick of them but you'll be forced to deal with that for all of eternity. You'll regret what you said, pigfuck.
As far as I know God hating homosexuals is a mere translation error.

That said, feel free to keep insulting me if that makes your day :*

(¥)

(¥)

Jun 8, 2023
writeer actir strike in anerica exaplain wghy. tge student imitate master not learb frm them. entertainment follow goveernment order. project now creafively poor = low interest = relt on politic to create nrw ideas. public wavt control ideas. enteetainment struggleto please public and giovernment.

writing is losr art. rely on master by threasd is to scceed business in wrold. to truly succedd, wriyer learn drom master writer. create psasion lpve uniqueness for world. guide othr ussing yiur singular voice.

H

H.O.Xan

Experienced
Feb 1, 2023
Entertainment is mostly algorithmic these days. Not that there weren't predictable and dull media in the past, but with the ever-shorter attention spans of the public coupled with our lives becoming more algorithmic by the day, it's just more profitable to cast a wide but shallow net. Media productions these days generally leave a bland taste that is comfortable to most people and keeps them coming back from more. It's inoffensive and that's all it's trying to be. I won't say that I'm above it myself, it's just the way most people work, I think.

Very few pieces of media produced are unique and when something unique does come along it spawns a sea of bad-to-mediocre rip-offs trying to cash in on the hype surrounding the new thing, usually misunderstanding what made that piece of media stand out. For example, after the anime Puella Magi Madoka Magica came out, a lot of new anime tried to copy what they thought made that series successful. But instead of the excellent writing, deep symbolism, and beautiful animation which made Madoka Magica so good, most of the anime following in its footsteps just added a lot of senseless gratuitous violence to cheerful visuals. I realize this isn't a comparison that most people reading this will understand, but it's one I think illustrates the problem with modern entertainment very well.

The short answer is that modern entertainment is simply too focused on profits. Even smaller indie productions that aren't made for monetary profit can instead substitute it with a form of social profit. For example, instead of making a film one is passionate about, one makes a film that hits the specific criteria for what a specific niche considers to be good filmmaking. It's not about the film, it's about the prestige.

As sum1 famous once said, "ppl in this day and age don't buy the music and movie they buy the brand."

Reactions: Namensjemand and psp3000
Namensjemand

Namensjemand

Cursed
Jul 16, 2023
You will regret what you say.
Buddy I am full of regret to the brim and the Abrahamic God got so much better reasons to eternally torment me than me cracking a joke about his Son who just takes forever to return. I literally thought I was the Messiah and used to threaten others with eternal torment. For realz. Been there. Stay there, if you wish. You have done your duty to warn me. Thank you.

CarambaAlbum

CarambaAlbum

Jun 16, 2023
Buddy I am full of regret to the brim and the Abrahamic God got so much better reasons to eternally torment me than me cracking a joke about his Son who just takes forever to return. I literally thought I was the Messiah and used to threaten others with eternal torment. For realz. Been there. Stay there, if you wish. You have done your duty to warn me. Thank you.

Attachments

• 4F6239B7-9CE9-4B9E-B28C-DDD5A4800408.jpeg
    4F6239B7-9CE9-4B9E-B28C-DDD5A4800408.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 0