Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
its meaningless because we are born even without our persmission and then we are told to be the slave of the system and then die. We are just money making machine

The world is filled with darkness, cruelty and suffering. You can't trust anyone and human beings are selfish. What is the point of life? Some people are destined for misfortune whilst others are lucky. Why do people bring more human beings into this cruel world? Plus we all die anyway and become nothing.

Honestly speaking: There is no point to life.

The point, if any, is just to live.

It is to survive, reproduce, and… well… that's about it.

We humans are the only species smart enough and self-aware enough to question this.

We want our life to mean something more because we are well aware of the limits of our lives.

Some day we will perish and, given enough time, everything we have ever done will be forgotten.

Who we were, what we did, even the thought of us existing here will be forever lost in time and will eventually be as though we did not exist.

It's this idea of being forgotten, this idea of having no purpose and just being alive to eventually disappear that our mind tries to prevent.

If we were to truly take this into account we would eventually despair as there would be no point to anything we have done, are doing, or will ever do.

Without a point to life, why try that hard?

Why try to reproduce or live at all if it does not matter one bit?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Vesiira, Tobacco, Neogoloid and 7 others
Riality

Riality

Sleeping Forever Soon
Oct 1, 2023
Life is all about being in a prison but with an illusion of being free

Reactions: Tobacco, sserafim, Hunter2005 and 7 others
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
We're just specks of dust orbiting on a rock in a galaxy, here thanks to atoms and chance, evolved to advance our species

There's a beauty to that in a sense. I can say fuck this, I quit, or I can view it as a challenge

Plus nature and art

Reactions: sserafim, Hotsackage, WAITING TO DIE and 2 others
π‘ͺπ’‰π’π’„π’π’‰π’π’π’Šπ’„

π‘ͺπ’‰π’π’„π’π’‰π’π’π’Šπ’„

ε€§ι“ε¦‚ι’ε€©οΌŒζˆ‘η‹¬δΈεΎ—ε‡Ίγ€‚
Jan 6, 2023
it so poetic and powerful ❀️ you expressed exactly what i have been always having in my mind but have never been able to turn it into language
yeah, so true, so heartbreaking. whats the point of life? anyway we are destined before we are ever born. we work hard all our life, only to finish the script which is decided and determined before we come to lives. 😞 sigh..

Reactions: sserafim, WAITING TO DIE, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I think we have to differentiate here. Basically life is meaningless and there's no point of it considering the fact that we humans are like animals all we do is eating and sleeping. Nobody can take anything with them after death. But life has a meaning to some humans bc they have a "good life" according to their own definition what they consider good or bad. This feeling is subjective and depends on many factors.

But yeah life itself is maybe a necessity in the concept of the universe but actually it's meaningless and pointless bc sooner or later all life forms will die.

Reactions: sserafim, WAITING TO DIE and Darkover
Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
What is the purpose of the color blue? It is whatever you decide it's purpose is. You can use blue to color a picture, dye food or paint a car. It's purpose is endless and ever-changing. The purpose of my life right now is to die by suicide. It hasn't always been that. Like the color blue life's purpose is whatever you decide and it will be ever-changing. Just my opinion.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, Cloud Busting, Remanant and 6 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
To me personally life is pointless and meaningless because I can't find any meaning and I don't see any point in just struggling through life until I die.
But basically we are just here to survive, breed and seek pleasure.
None of these things matter to me.

Reactions: sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc and Darkover
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
All that life is, is a virus that so tragically continues to be inflicted onto existing beings, causing so much unnecessary harm and torment as a result. Life itself is the true problem, and I find it so horrific how life even exists at all.

There could never be any point or meaning to this virus, to have the ability to exist is such a repulsive burden. Existence just creates problems there was never a need for all while we just wait to die anyway.

Reactions: Tobacco, sserafim, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
It would be fine if capitalism weren't the main drive to society.

Reactions: twatingthroughlife, sserafim, Hunter2005 and 3 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
We are part of the animal kingdom. If they don't have a purpose- then- we probably don't either. It's just the way it is. It sucks- I agree. But still- to have a rigid purpose we had to follow could actually be worse. At least we have some freedom I suppose to choose what we want.

Would you feel better if you knew for a fact that one of the Gods is real? Would you feel better knowing which set of rules you are supposed to be following? I'm not so sure the alternative of having a purpose or set goal would be any better.

I do agree though. I spend so much of my time at the moment saying into thin air: 'Why did you bring me into this?' (Directed at my parents- although- I wouldn't say it to my Dad. I do still love him more than anything.) But yeah- I don't understand why people think it's ok to have children. I don't understand why they don't think it through. Why they don't consider that their child could so easily end up desperately unhappy and suffering- and why they think that's ok. That's just how it is or something.

Reactions: Tobacco, Cloud Busting, sserafim and 2 others
Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
To some degree it's up to us to create meaning but I understand why u feel this way. Life can really be depressing. U can gain meaning from trying to help others if u are able, u can gain meaning from relationships, if u are able to create a family, u can get meaning even from being here and expressing your feelings. I think a lot of us come here because it does give us some meaning or being seen and heard.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and Darkover
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
Civilization is the wrong way to live. Humans are not made to sit in school and work long working days until retirement age. Humans belong in nature like other species with short working days and lots of free time to enjoy nature. If we could live where we belong, in nature, life would feel better and more meaningful. When I am in my apartment in an overcrowded and noisy big city, it feels like hell. When I have bathed in the sea in the Canary Islands or been in nature, I have never been happier.

• Love
Reactions: hibikikyuxx, WAITING TO DIE and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
its meaningless because we are born even without our persmission and then we are told to be the slave of the system and then die. We are just money making machine

The world is filled with darkness, cruelty and suffering. You can't trust anyone and human beings are selfish. What is the point of life? Some people are destined for misfortune whilst others are lucky. Why do people bring more human beings into this cruel world? Plus we all die anyway and become nothing.

We humans are the only species smart enough and self-aware enough to question this.

We want our life to mean something more because we are well aware of the limits of our lives.

Some day we will perish and, given enough time, everything we have ever done will be forgotten.

Who we were, what we did, even the thought of us existing here will be forever lost in time and will eventually be as though we did not exist.

It's this idea of being forgotten, this idea of having no purpose and just being alive to eventually disappear that our mind tries to prevent.

If we were to truly take this into account we would eventually despair as there would be no point to anything we have done, are doing, or will ever do.

Because people think that they matter, but honestly, we're just specks of dust in this vast universe that has existed for billions of years before us, and will continue existing after we're gone. After we're gone, no one will care about or remember us, and the world will go on. People just like to think that they're important. I think that it's pride/hubris as well as a coping mechanism. People want to feel like they matter.

The more I think about it, the more I find our world absurd, especially adulthood. People just wake up everyday and go to work to make money to pay for the cost of existing on this planet. They do that 9-5 for 50 years, 5 days a week, and only get 2 days of rest. In my opinion, this is an unequal balance. It should be 4 days of work and 3 days of rest. We're basically all slaves to the capitalist system and society. How are people okay with this? It's absurd that it should even cost money to exist. None of this matters in the greater scheme of things.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: R_N, hibikikyuxx, WAITING TO DIE and 2 others
D

donewithlife1

Oct 31, 2023

I guess just to wok and pay the government back my paycheck goes straight to car notes and other stupid stuff I don't even enjoy my money. I used to spend some on my son who passed away but now I feel that there is no point to work just to pay utility. Since my son died I'm empty I was diagnosed with ptsd depression grief and anxiety. I didn't tell them about my suicidal thoughts I live in Florida and the community there is very weird suicidal thoughts is like your crazy they lack knowledge and they are so closed minded so I'm keeping some feelings to myself. I gotta end this pain asap

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and Tobacco
Tobacco

Tobacco

Efilist. Possible promortalist.
Jan 14, 2023
If we just lived in a wonderful utopia we wouldn't even be thinking of this. But we are far from it and probably extinction will be for the better. I don't want to think how humanity extends into the future to face a global carnage before we get to some amazing state.

Reactions: sserafim and WAITING TO DIE
hibikikyuxx

hibikikyuxx

Student
Oct 17, 2023
Civilization is the wrong way to live. Humans are not made to sit in school and work long working days until retirement age. Humans belong in nature like other species with short working days and lots of free time to enjoy nature. If we could live where we belong, in nature, life would feel better and more meaningful. When I am in my apartment in an overcrowded and noisy big city, it feels like hell. When I have bathed in the sea in the Canary Islands or been in nature, I have never been happier.
I agree. Nature is beautiful and better than most cities. I would love living in a cottage on the countryside (cottagecore ftw). I think society forgets that at the end of the day, humans are also just animals. It makes no sense to me how society normalized and romanticized the idea of humans living in cities and working for 50 years just to be able to afford the bare minimum. When I think about monkeys or other animals sitting around in school or at their desk at work, I can only chuckle, yet that is expected of humans, who are also animals? Nature suffers because of cities and society in general. And if nature is destroyed, humanity will die out too.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim