MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
Like whenever I go on this site and see who's on it most of the people are guest...like they're are 3x as many guest as members. Like what are the guest doing? I'm curious....l

passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
Lurking. Either because they are pro-life/pro-choice and curious, or for some reason do not fit the requirements to sign up for this site and have chosen to honor it.

Reactions: Meditation guide
peachxgirl

peachxgirl

Oct 1, 2023
I've heard a lot from reddit users post/complain about how they can't get in/too hard to become a member despite doing everything to sign up. However, I like how selective this site is because it protects those who actually finds comfort here without judgement.

Reactions: Meditation guide
Chr0nicAnhedonic

Chr0nicAnhedonic

So much for stardust...
Oct 1, 2023
Before signing up myself, I liked to just lurk and read through posts. That's likely not what all of them are doing, but I imagine that a good chunk of them are like that.

Plus, this site is one of the few places to actually find information on methods. Not everyone is going to want to create an account and join in on discussions if all they want is information.

Reactions: avoid
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
I was one of those people for months. I liked the posts because I was able to relate to them and it made me feel less alone but for a while, I didn't want to participate because it's like "damn I'm really joining this?" There was a lot of shame involved. I was also concerned about the fact that using a VPN still required me to input my real IP address so I thought it was sketchy. I eventually didn't care any longer and made one anyway. Glad I did too.

• Hugs
Reactions: lachrymost, carac, NearlyIrrelevantCake and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Because people don't have to make an account to read the site, I believe the guests are just people researching suicide methods as after all this is a suicide forum. And to me it makes so much sense that lots of people are looking for a way to leave this existence as after all there is no limit as to how much one can suffer as long as they exist.

Reactions: MiMif
Ironweed

Ironweed

Nauseated.
Nov 9, 2019
Pretty sure a lot of what are counted as "guests" are not humans. They're web crawlers and other assorted 'bots.

Reactions: Meditation guide and http-410
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I think any website gets lots of hits, random web crawlers and bots like Ironweed said. I've had websites and there are tons of hits from random things all the time. This site must count them all as guests.

There are millions of hackers and bots constantly crawling all the websites for some reason. It's just how the internet is.

Reactions: Ironweed