BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I finally flossed and brushed my teeth...I think it's been a couple of weeks. Managed to put baby powder on my hair today (makes your hair look clean). That's really all I can ever do for myself anymore and even that's on a good day. I don't even brush my hair anymore unless I have to go to work or an appointment. :meh:

I guess it bothers me because I already seem like a lazy slob to those who know me, and I'm really not doing myself any favors with this fucking laziness.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: voyager, _Minsk, infinitelove and 12 others
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
don't be so hard on yourself, you are doing as much as you can handle for now, and honestly that's already insanely hard.

i'm sorry you are going through all of those stuff, though.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, _Minsk, infinitelove and 3 others
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
I finally flossed and brushed my teeth...I think it's been a couple of weeks. Managed to put baby powder on my hair today (makes your hair look clean). That's really all I can ever do for myself anymore and even that's on a good day. I don't even brush my hair anymore unless I have to go to work or an appointment. :meh:

I guess it bothers me because I already seem like a lazy slob to those who know me, and I'm really not doing myself any favors with this fucking laziness.
It isn't laziness. Its depression .
Its not your fault .Its the depression .

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: llerutem5, voyager, _Minsk and 6 others
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
it takes effort, and this level of depression means we're running low on effort left to give. it makes perfect sense to be lazy. have a hug!

• Hugs
Reactions: infinitelove, WinterFaust, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Depression'll do that to ya so don't feel too bad about it. The key to fixing it is to find motivation to do those things even though that's way easier said than done. Good luck finding that motivation wherever it may be! :hug:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: infinitelove, WinterFaust, death137 and 1 other person
Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
Ahhh that feeling...I don't remember last time I brush my hair. I always make a ponytail and move on. The only thing that keeps me with a decent hygiene level it's the pressure to look good when i meet someone and the worst part is when I feel stupid because there are simple tasks...and I are unable to do them... For me its just one step closer to become a crazy cat lady

• Hugs
Reactions: WinterFaust and death137
D

Deleted member 1496

Student
Aug 2, 2018
Depression'll do that to ya so don't feel too bad about it. The key to fixing it is to find motivation ...

My form of motivation is avoidance. I can't do dental work on myself, so I brush and floss to avoid needing to call the dentist, go out, find parking, fill out forms, explain where I've been since the last visit, and make an appointment for 6 months in the future that I will cancel tomorrow. And to avoid a bill since I also have no dental insurance whatsoever! Yeah/Ugh, negative reinforcement! Not sure this is healthy, but it's the only thing I have as a start. :hihi:(Dental emoji!)

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: voyager, WinterFaust, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
It isn't laziness. Its depression .
Yup. I was the same this time last year. Didn't brush my teeth, shower, change clothes or bedding. I also barely ate, didn't sleep at all for way too long. There's more, but it gets yucky.

• Hugs
Reactions: WinterFaust and mopeyD
WinterFaust

WinterFaust

Shimmer
Apr 13, 2020
It's definitely depression for sure but I know how you feel. I've been struggling with just taking care of myself for the past year. I still haven't cleaned my room really. But I have been showering more, brushing my teeth, and flossing. The flossing is mostly new for me.

It can be pretty awful being depressed like this, just feels like rotting and wasting away, especially if you don't eat at all like me. Sorry to talk so much about myself here. But you're not lazy. And the brushing and flossing is an accomplishment! Acknowledge the small wins. Sometimes it makes getting to next thing a lite easier.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager and infinitelove
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
That's what I call crippling depression.
Maybe doctors call it that, too. I dunno.
I get that way, too, sometimes. It comes and goes. Hard to get out of, though. Depression is like a black hole, it just sucks you further and further into the darkness. Its so hard to escape it's pull.
Changing your life drastically will help, but I know not everyone has the means to do that. Often I don't, either.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and voyager