• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

I

itwasallascream

May 19, 2024
I'm so fucking tired of everything.

But I am especially tired of how impossible it is to find a peaceful way to ctb. Why the fuck can't I just choose to go? Why are governments and doctors so obsessed with me staying here and living in pain and misery?
Why can't I just buy a cyanide capsule and go?
What is the point in making sure I am alive when my life is pure pain?
Fuck this fucking shitty fucked up world.

• Hugs
Reactions: Unknown21, Darkover, Forever Sleep and 1 other person
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
the tireless measures that are being taken by governments to try and restrict access to lethal suicide methods.
suicide methods do exist and could be made available to people who wanted to end their lives, in order to deprive people of these methods via legal controls is an active way of keeping people trapped in circumstances that are causing severe harm. When people are left with less effective suicide methods, then they must consider the risks of surviving those suicide attempts with catastrophic consequences, such as being left so severely disabled by the attempt that it would be impossible to commit suicide in the future, and also illegal for anyone to euthanize you:
I would thus argue that restricting access to reliable suicide methods which exist is tantamount to institutionalized torture, and because the individual will often continue to live due to the lack of an easy exit, it can be considered to be slavery as well, as they are not living for their own reasons, but living because society denies them an easy exit and instead enacts policies that effectively force them to continue to exist against their will, for reasons that reflect society's interests rather than the interests of the individual.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Money and fear of blame I suspect. They want our taxes and they want the votes of our families and friends. They'd probably get a lot of backlash from parents if they made it easier for their children to kill themselves.

I do get why we blame our governments but I think we sometimes forget that the right to die- especially if you aren't terminally ill probably isn't a widely popular wish. I imagine the majority of the population actually supports our governments in restricting lethal substances.

I ran a poll a while back to see how many people thought their families would support them in their right to die- if assisted suicide were actually available. Very few thought they would. So, it isn't just our governments- it's likely the majority of the population who want to make it as difficult as possible- as the last deterrent really.

Reactions: Darkover