• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

tommyhalpinkelly

tommyhalpinkelly

Nov 21, 2018
That's what I see some people say online, in particular religious people or "old school" people. Anyone know why?

Reactions: Redt2go, Smilla, Comatose11 and 2 others
O

okyeah

Arcanist
Jul 20, 2018
because they are all depressed from their shit lives but have performed mental gymnastics to make it out to be a character flaw.

Or they are just too stupid to realize how privileged they are to not have a shit life.

Reactions: Smilla, Comatose11, MsM3talGamer and 1 other person
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
Because people who don't suffer think we are just attention whores.

Reactions: Redt2go, KitKat, silentinbetween and 8 others
M

MsM3talGamer

Voluntary deletion
Nov 28, 2018
Cause they're brainwashed dingbats who think we can "snap out of it". They think depression is just feeling sad, they don't realise it's much more serious than that. Neither do they care to learn.

Reactions: Redt2go, KitKat, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 9 others
Norest4thewicked

Norest4thewicked

Losing it
Nov 4, 2018
Probably because it is a very personal condition. They cannot relate to our lack of motivation.(You need to get out More!), our feelings of worthlessness (Youre valued!) The rejection we feel(But you have lots of friends!) The sheer hopelessness we feel( there's people worse off than you!) The mindset of a person with depression is something they just don't understand.

Reactions: Redt2go, KitKat, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 5 others
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
No illness is selfish. It's sold that way by selfish people to non- or partial "believers" of depression

Reactions: Redt2go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Throwaway563078 and 2 others
CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
I don't know, it doesn't really matter. They think what they think and nothing anyone says can ever shift their stringent minds.

Reactions: Redt2go and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Humans who haven't suffered to the extent that we have can't bear the thought that our levels of pain are even possible—it's too scary for them to contemplate because it would ruin their delusion that somehow, somewhere fairness and justice and goodness exists in equal measure for all.

I think too it's about control-they have to put the blame somewhere and their horrible god won't do so they blame us.

Reactions: Redt2go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, NumbItAll and 1 other person
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I think on some level it's seen as self-indulgent because you're eternally wrapped up in your own issues. I notice that I am pretty self-absorbed on the whole. I was never a very giving person, and I do seem to be my own worst enemy a lot of the time. I dislike that about myself, but I also acknowledge that I never wanted to be this problematic. I live a very isolated life, so it certainly isn't for attention.

The people that say depression is selfish are likely the same ones who feel it is a choice. To those people, I say "bite me."

Reactions: Norest4thewicked, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lra888 and 4 others
R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
That's what I see some people say online, in particular religious people or "old school" people. Anyone know why?
Lots of people talk lots of shit they never thought through. You shouldn't take these opinions seriously.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018

They don't know what it's like being depressed due to a lack of empathy and never going through it themselves. They think it's just being sad about something...

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
probably because it causes the sufferer to isolate themselves. I've lost friends because I've not gone to social events, didn't return calls or messages etc fart enough. I guess they assume i'm being rude or antisocial and get upset with me. I don't have it in me to apologize to them for my mental illness and if they're the type to be angered by me acting differently than I dont have the energy to continue that relationship.

Reactions: Norest4thewicked and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals