WastedBandaid

WastedBandaid

trapped here
Sep 11, 2023
normal mentally stable around me or therapists don't find the wanting to die as something normal but as something to be prevented. but genuinely, why? why do they think that ctb is bad? why stay alive? how would the process of getting rid off ctb thoughts even work? does it really work? i do not comprehend their pov at all.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
not_telling

not_telling

Scared
Sep 9, 2023
I think it comes down to basic survival instinct and preservation of life as sacred. They have done a somewhat good job at getting humanity pretty far in the whole natural selection thing, but now, as we evolve, life is less pleasing and maybe even less significant, even though that thought despises me. We get to live a lot longer than nature would allow us, do a lot more than any animals should, just in a general sense we are not really animals in any sense other than our need to feed and have sex (and even those are becoming more and more dislikeable). Still, people who want to live, and society as a whole, see death as "losing the game", and that is so scary that they try to push any sign of it away, even if it's not their own death. Which I think is really disrespectful and not empathic at all.

Reactions: Mäximum, spinningmyself, Cloud Busting and 3 others
bluesoapyskies

bluesoapyskies

Aug 4, 2023
agree with the comment above me. i think the human survival instinct is one of the most important fundamentals of life. its the reason we exist today. for most normal or mentally well people, the thought of ending ones life is absurd.

sometimes if forget just how "abnormal" i am for suicide to be such a normal thought.

i mean, people who do ctb are typically have a very poor quality of life so honestly to me it makes sense? I see it as an act of mercy onto oneself. if living is such torture and pain, itd be normal to want to escape that right? i think suicide is also usually a last resort so people who do ctb have likely thought of other options before finalizing their decision.

Reactions: Kawaii_Shoujo215 and WastedBandaid
SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
They consider death as something inherently bad even though it's inevitable. To me this view and the logic around it are both questionable.
btw, "not wanting to die" makes people mentally unstable as well (anxiety, phobias, ocd, etc.).
Regarding the processes of getting rid of ctb thoughts, or therapy healing methods, I personally find them useless, but if you want to find a way to live and are able to make yourself believe in what they say (and somehow make yourself not question their standpoints, their logic, and the ways they approach things), maybe you can try. idk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Monique696 and TheDog_
WastedBandaid

WastedBandaid

trapped here
Sep 11, 2023
agree with the comment above me. i think the human survival instinct is one of the most important fundamentals of life. its the reason we exist today. for most normal or mentally well people, the thought of ending ones life is absurd.

sometimes if forget just how "abnormal" i am for suicide to be such a normal thought.

i mean, people who do ctb are typically have a very poor quality of life so honestly to me it makes sense? I see it as an act of mercy onto oneself. if living is such torture and pain, itd be normal to want to escape that right? i think suicide is also usually a last resort so people who do ctb have likely thought of other options before finalizing their decision.
do you think that there's a possibility of someone actively pursuing ending their life? seeing it as something rather exciting
They consider death as something inherently bad even though it's inevitable. To me this view and the logic around it are both questionable.
btw, "not wanting to die" makes people mentally unstable as well (anxiety, phobias, ocd, etc.).
Regarding the processes of getting rid of ctb thoughts, or therapy healing methods, I personally find them useless, but if you want to find a way to live and are able to make yourself believe in what they say (and somehow make yourself not question their standpoints, their logic, and the ways they approach things), maybe you can try. idk.
ngl I think that if someone truly, truly wants to ctb, nothing but nothing keeping them back to not to, there's no chance of getting rid off the thoughts or getting "better"
I think it comes down to basic survival instinct and preservation of life as sacred. They have done a somewhat good job at getting humanity pretty far in the whole natural selection thing, but now, as we evolve, life is less pleasing and maybe even less significant, even though that thought despises me. We get to live a lot longer than nature would allow us, do a lot more than any animals should, just in a general sense we are not really animals in any sense other than our need to feed and have sex (and even those are becoming more and more dislikeable). Still, people who want to live, and society as a whole, see death as "losing the game", and that is so scary that they try to push any sign of it away, even if it's not their own death. Which I think is really disrespectful and not empathic at all.
it's kinda ironic how we turn against our principles so it's seen as something rather "unnatural". but we've evolved as intelligent beings that pursue more than the basic functions. we shouldn't have had evolved at all lol, I really don't see the point. its also fascinating how we can go against what's deeply programmed within us (survival instinct).
I get it and not at the same time about ppl encouraging to live. but at the same time why not letting someone find their own peace? I guess it depends on the situation. there's nothing inherently bad in "losing the game". wished I lost the game. I just think that mentally sane people will never get it, or whenever they go "omg Im going to kms" they never never mean it. they truly never have thought about it, like seriously. some of them are even insensitive about it and ignorant as fuck.
do you believe in the possibility of even admiring, expecting and wanting death?

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Because those anti-suicide people are delusional, we exist in a society where there is so much brainwashing into trying to make people believe that suicide is "irrational" so that the society doesn't lose it's slaves.

Suicide could never be bad as all that is bad is as a result of existence and without existence one cannot suffer, suicide is the way to find true permanent relief from all suffering. Death is the most normal thing and I would always see it as preferable to not exist than to decay from age in this cruel, disgusting world, death comforts me, death brings peace.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy and WastedBandaid
WastedBandaid

WastedBandaid

trapped here
Sep 11, 2023
Because those anti-suicide people are delusional, we exist in a society where there is so much brainwashing into trying to make people believe that suicide is "irrational" so that the society doesn't lose it's slaves.

Suicide could never be bad as all that is bad is as a result of existence and without existence one cannot suffer, suicide is the way to find true permanent relief from all suffering. Death is the most normal thing and I would always see it as preferable to not exist than to decay from age in this cruel, disgusting world, death comforts me, death brings peace.
do you find the idea of dying exciting? or just the thought of it brings u peace and relief?

turntechGodhead

turntechGodhead

currently starving
Sep 9, 2023
yea i genuinely do not get this i find death as beautiful as life hell even more beautiful than life it is just so peaceful that nothingness

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
do you find the idea of dying exciting? or just the thought of it brings u peace and relief?
It comforts me so much the thought of permanently not existing for all eternity, in fact the only relief lies in this cruel and meaningless existence coming to an end. I don't wish to experience any dying process though and in my case I'm sadly still trapped here because suicide methods are either risky or inaccessible, it's horrible how we cannot just leave this existence in peace whenever we wish to.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy
WastedBandaid

WastedBandaid

trapped here
Sep 11, 2023
yea i genuinely do not get this i find death as beautiful as life hell even more beautiful than life it is just so peaceful that nothingness
do u have strong survival instinct? I think no matter how beautiful we find death we all have to fight with this, some ppl more some ppl less
It comforts me so much the thought of permanently not existing for all eternity, in fact the only relief lies in this cruel and meaningless existence coming to an end. I don't wish to experience any dying process though and in my case I'm sadly still trapped here because suicide methods are either risky or inaccessible, it's horrible how we cannot just leave this existence in peace whenever we wish to.
oh that's fs. its actually so complicated to ctb and so many ppl don't actually realise it. so many things that could go wrong. etc. it used to bring me excitement and peace but now I just have fear and fear of regret.