LifeQuitter

LifeQuitter

Student
Jul 11, 2024
I've seen a few people with their own vent threads and thought it's a good idea instead of making a bunch of random posts.

What I've been thinking about mostly is how pointless everything is. I just don't understand how humans came into existence. I used to be religious and believe God created us, but now I know without a doubt all religions are made up. This is a major reason why I want to ctb because I thought there was something looking after us. I never worried about anything because I thought God would take care of it, and as long as someone was a good person they'd be safe.

The problem is now I know that God doesn't exist there's simply nothing. No one watching over us, no heaven or afterlife, no miracles etc. So why are we here? I thought this life was a test of some sort, where the good would go on to some place better, and the bad would simply perish or reincarnate as something like an insect or animal.

I can't believe any of that now and it makes me feel so hopeless. I never believed humans evolved from monkeys but looking at it now they are scarily similar to humans, except for the tails and feet. Even some animals like Raccoons have hands similar to a human. So we're nothing special if you really think about it, just a stupid species that somehow developed the ability to question its existence.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WearyWanderer, YandereMikuMistress, Darkover and 3 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Life is meaningless and pointless. There's no meaning to what we do. It's just survival and more survival. I refuse to want to survive for as long as possible. I want to die asap so that my suffering will end permanently

Reactions: LifeQuitter, pthnrdnojvsc and Darkover
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
The shift from religious belief to a more secular or scientific worldview can be disorienting. It may feel like there's no point to anything when you no longer have the comfort of a higher power or an afterlife to fall back on.

all i can say is nobody knows for 100 percent certain that there is either nothing forever or some kind of new life again

• Love
Reactions: LifeQuitter and YandereMikuMistress