TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Don't get me wrong, I despise pro-lifers even if they aren't hypocritical, but what I despise even more are hypocritical pro-lifers. The reasoning is that if someone is hypocritical and disingenuous, it sets a dangerous precedent. They could just ignore order, reasoning, logic, rationality, and pretty much do just about anything they want. This is dangerous because without anything to keep them in check, they could just violate another's liberty, freedom, and civil rights on a whim, under the guise of 'help' and 'safety' simply just by inventing exceptions and claiming exception this, that, or the other.

For why I despise them 'more' than just mere pro-lifers is that they can be really dangerous in simply just doing whatever they want, oftenly without consequences. While I've been more on the aggressive side in terms of taking action and standing my ground, it's mainly to combat against the great majority of pro-lifers, and more so, the hypocritical and pushy ones. Also, by making many 'exceptions' frequently, this defeats the purpose of having a general guideline, a standard, a benchmark, and other things. At least for the stanch, but consistent pro-lifer, one knows his/her target and can work with it, but the hypocritical pro-lifer is more sleek and difficult to counter against, but I digress.

I hope this makes sense and feel free to ask if there is anything unclear mentioned.

• Love
Reactions: nitrogennitrite2, it's_all_a_game, Fthis and 8 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I have always been pro choice on aspects that deal with personal choice on whatever it is as far as suicide, abortion..etc, as long as it does not infringe on other people. Now with that said some people will say that a decision that one makes also effects them in some way, and yes that can be the case. Now like me, I have ZERO friends and NO family members at all, BUT like after getting out after a suicide attempt I had plenty of people who came out of the woodwork and "told" me what I should do and what was "right". NO! Everyone is smart and they should be able to overall make choices. I LOVE all my sanctioned suicide global family members and I wish EVERYONE of this website love and peace.

• Love
Reactions: Loooray, Fthis, Trannydiary and 5 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Can you give some examples of what exceptions they make, and doing whatever they want?

TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
Can you give some examples of what exceptions they make, and doing whatever they want?
A few brief examples here is a pro-lifer who masquerades as a pro-choicer.

Example #1: I had a guy who at first was a pro-lifer (since he is pretty religious and played music in a church for service). However, after talking with him as an acquaintance, it seems that he was receptive to pro-choice choices and understood self-determination, but then later (of course I never specifically mentioned about CTB or anything but only talked about how much life sucked), then he decided to pull red flags and started to question me as if I was suspected of potentially doing something to myself... :meh::hmph::angry: While there was a time where he claimed that if he wasn't religious, then he couldn't cope with this existence and reality. I could get into more details and what not, but I'd rather not for safety and privacy reasons.

Example #2: My ladyfriend turned out to be pro-life based on some posts I saw (keep in mind I was in contact with her throughout the years, not so much now though). When I was in her chatroom (yes, she is a cammodel), she talked about pro-choice and that people have free will, but then her actions and later attitudes contradicted that, including the retweeting of a suicide prevention hotline, as well as saying that "[Suicide] it's never an option." This is something that a pro-lifer would say, especially to make such a claim that CTB is never an option. There are other things going on too, but again, keeping it brief.

Example #3: An acquaintance I known when I was in undergraduate college (many years ago) claimed about making self-determination choices including the right to die, respecting people's bodily autonomy, but when it came to which situations someone should be allowed the right to die, he either gave a vague answer, evaded the question, and what not, but then decided to gatekeep. This goes to show that he is a pro-lifer, masquerading as a pro-choicer.

These are just some examples and when I mean "hypocritical pro-lifers" are those who claim about supporting human rights and bodily autonomy, then turning around to say the opposite or contrary to what they originally claimed. They also lack self-awareness and are intellectual dishonest (disingenuous) with their stances.

Anyways, here is one example of a pro-lifer that is at least "honest with herself". While I disagree with her stance, at least I can respect her stance.

Example: Another acquaintance that I've known a few years ago (when was in graduate school) was against the right to die, even for terminally ill people because it's against her religion and believed that only "God can decide it because he is the author of life and death." (paraphrased) She doesn't gatekeep to determine who is allowed to die or not, and while she is pro-life, she is at least honest about it.

Mind you, I'd stay a distance from her and not to let in too much (applies to all pro-lifers) and the difference is that the honest pro-lifer is a little bit easier to handle as one knows who they are while the hypocritical and deceptive pro-lifer is dangerous not only in stance but also obscurity.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Sprite_Geist, Bauhaus and 4 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Excellent examples.

It seems to me that the hypocritical pro-lifers betrayed your trust, especially about something that is important to you and part of your core beliefs.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist, whywere and TAW122
TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
Excellent examples.

It seems to me that the hypocritical pro-lifers betrayed your trust, especially about something that is important to you and part of your core beliefs.
Yes, especially Examples 1 and 3 (hypocritical pro-lifers). As for Example 2 (ladyfriend), no I never directly discussed about CTB or such topics with her. I only found her pro-life tweets on social media (on her twitter) when she replied to some other twitter user about how CTB is never an option.

• Love
Reactions: whywere and GoodPersonEffed
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I wonder how much of these are truly held opinions and how much are fear of being labeled as "pro-suicide."

Reactions: 262653 and TAW122
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
Makes sense, if a person wants to die, its absolutely their right, being forced to stay around when physically or mentally the quality of life that they enjoy or deserve is lowered is insanity! To hold them back because of "religion" or "feelings" good lord.

Reactions: Superdeterminist and TAW122

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I wonder how much of these are truly held opinions and how much are fear of being labeled as "pro-suicide."
I was wondering about that too, particularly when thinking of Example 2. I don't know how popular of a cammodel she is, or how her reputation can affect her... job security. I can see their fears being justified in cases where maintaining a certain kind of reputation is important, like for political figures.

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Not only that, but go back 40 or 50 years, and stating one was pro choice (abortion) would have been career or friendship suicide in many places. The idea of physician assisted suicide is just now slowly gaining steam in several states in the US or countries. It's still a huge stretch or risk for many to take the next step and go from being pro "physician assisted suicide InThe terminally ill" to "pro choice for all." This is tanamount in many individuals' minds to being "pro suicide."

TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
@Burzolog I'd say she's popular enough to have many several hundreds of fans maybe just a bit over a thousand fans. It's possible that she is putting a front and maintaining an appearance when she is public versus behind closed doors. But given how I've interacted with her (I met her once in my life), I do have evidence to believe that she is pro-life. :aw:

@Aap Yes, that analogy makes sense and that is true about abortion as well as other civil rights movements too. Therefore, it could be decades before even physician assisted suicide/euthanasia becomes main stream enough, let alone "pro choice for all". It also means that we still have a long difficult road ahead before we reach that point in human history where the future humans look back at the early-mid 21st century and claim that those humans of those times are barbaric and cruel.

Reactions: Aap and 262653