lighthousekeeper

lighthousekeeper

Jun 29, 2020
I know why I haven't done it... I've tried to hang myself before and failed. If I fail again I just might kill myself (lol). I swear to God... I know lots of people have done it more, but I've done it (officially, not counting when I was a kid & would try to drown in the bathtub & electrocute myself with wires lol) twice and to me that's a mountain of failures & a testament to how much of a coward I am. I feel like a wart that keeps regrowing. There's nobody else I can talk to. My dad gets really sad when I bring this up, my mom gets angry at me, my "friends" (I've never put in the effort to have an actual friend) might care but I wouldn't want to put them in this position. My therapist dismisses everything I say as "women's issues" (I only see him because it's that or an institution anyway). My life is falling apart, I'm enrolled in some online classes but have done hardly anything because I can't bring myself to open my computer & I can't attend zoom meetings because I start crying. I'm falling apart & it's absolutely pathetic & I'm sure it's my subconscious trying to make it impossible for me to try & change my mind so I'm forced to do the right thing before I waste tens of thousands of my parents' money. God.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ghost2211, MsMaudlin, J113632 and 4 others
Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
Dude you need a different therapist for a start ❤️

Reactions: Ghost2211, J113632, Meditation guide and 2 others
clayp

clayp

Student
Sep 24, 2020
Dude you need a different therapist for a start ❤
Totally agree with you, seems your therapist is just wasting your parents money.

Reactions: Red and J113632
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
You definitely need a new therapist. Preferably one that doesn't invalidate your problems or dismiss them as 'women's issues'. You say it's either this therapist or an institution, but what about online therapists?

Reactions: Ghost2211, J113632 and Meditation guide
T

tidalwxves

Student
Sep 8, 2020
I know why I haven't done it... I've tried to hang myself before and failed. If I fail again I just might kill myself (lol). I swear to God... I know lots of people have done it more, but I've done it (officially, not counting when I was a kid & would try to drown in the bathtub & electrocute myself with wires lol) twice and to me that's a mountain of failures & a testament to how much of a coward I am. I feel like a wart that keeps regrowing. There's nobody else I can talk to. My dad gets really sad when I bring this up, my mom gets angry at me, my "friends" (I've never put in the effort to have an actual friend) might care but I wouldn't want to put them in this position. My therapist dismisses everything I say as "women's issues" (I only see him because it's that or an institution anyway). My life is falling apart, I'm enrolled in some online classes but have done hardly anything because I can't bring myself to open my computer & I can't attend zoom meetings because I start crying. I'm falling apart & it's absolutely pathetic & I'm sure it's my subconscious trying to make it impossible for me to try & change my mind so I'm forced to do the right thing before I waste tens of thousands of my parents' money. God.
I am in agreement with the other commenters, I think the first step is getting a therapist that is a good fit.

Painless_end

Painless_end

Life is too difficult for me
Oct 11, 2019
Sorry for your pain