MG_39

MG_39

Physically ill suffering couch potato
Jul 5, 2019
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Topic preface: Whenever I start a topic here I'm going to start with this, and I hope it's okay. Why? because I see both the good and the bad things with this forum.
The good thing is that you can avoid mistakes which could result in worse conditions than you where in before your ctb, the bad thing is that someone can make a bad decision for a temporary problem.
If you read this and something recently happened in your life, and you feel like you don't want to live anymore, and nothing can change that. Then remember even though it's hard right now, things change in life, and a lot of us have been there. I'm middle age (around 50yo) I have been there two times in my life. It was so painful, and I was sure my life was destroyed. I choose to talk to someone, and since then I've had a lot of happy moments in my life. If you have struggled for a very long time and see no other way, have you really tried everything? could a last solution be to sell everything and travel? or do other radical changes in your life, since you have nothing too loose? Please try EVERYTHING before you make this decision.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: This is my opinion, and of course you might not agree with me.

I have looked in to different methods which are peaceful, like exit bag with inert gas, N.
But there are risks involved with both of these methods.

N - You could throw up (small risk with anti-emetics but still a risk) Someone interrupt. But for me this method is not viable because I don't think I can source N here in Europe because of customs.

Exit bag - Removing bag while unconscious, something wrong with regulator, displacement of bag.

I'll admit both N and exit bag are methods with very small risks of becoming a vegetable if correctly done (antiemetics for N, and with exit bag correctly executed)
But the small risk could result in living for a long time as a vegetable, in extreme physical and mental pain.

I would personally take a couple of minutes of pain and be guaranteed to ctb.

Extreme methods: Full suspension hanging, drowning, shooting, jumping.

Reactions: Dawn0071111
Pupuce

Pupuce

Nobody exists on purpose. Come ctb
Apr 19, 2019
I see no problem with ctb as a solution even for temporary problems. First it's a pretty efficient prevention method for further issues and second it's not like you are going to wake up and be like "My bad I wish I didn't ctb". Besides it is a solution that is contained within "everything" that you should try so it's just a matter of whichever thing you try first.

Reactions: Deleted member 4288, Skathon, DreamCatcher and 5 others
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
I'm not sure that shooting can be called "extreme" when it's the method used by the majority (51%) of successful suicides in America. I'd prefer to avoid any pain, and I hope that a shotgun to head would produce instant death. Everyone here will point to the risk of a shotgun blast removing your face, though I've only been able to find a handful of such cases which is a microscopic percentage. And these face removals appear to be the result of muzzle under chin, and I'd be very interested if anybody could point to any case where shotgun in mouth failed to produce death.

Reactions: Godofdeathftw and Kikoo Loool
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019

Well, those are nowhere near as extreme as some I've read about! Putting one's head through the bottom of a microwave (if you put it through the door the thing won't turn on), decapitating oneself with a chain saw and blowing one's head off with a wreath of fireworks are among the perrenial favourites but those can be outdone as well.

There are lots of news reports if people failing to kill themselves by jumping and by shooting themselves, and they're generally in worse-than-vegetative states (eg vegetable with no face, paralyzed with no language comprehension left but otherwise fully aware, etc).

Full suspension hanging seems to get interrupted quite a lot; and drowning seems to be strangely difficult to get right.

Reactions: TimeToDie
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
There are lots of news reports if people failing to kill themselves by jumping and by shooting themselves, and they're generally in worse-than-vegetative states (eg vegetable with no face, paralyzed with no language comprehension left but otherwise fully aware, etc).
Every gun failure I've found used a method that leaves much to be desired. I've read about severe facial trauma with a .40 caliber pistol under the chin. She missed her brain. Then there was a woman with a .357 Mag, again under the chin missing her brain. I read about a guy who removed his face with a shotgun, again under his chin. I've read about brain damage & blindness from a temple shot with a handgun (of unknown caliber). Then there are other assorted gun fails where I was unable to confirm where the gun was aimed as the media omits this vital detail, and they frequently omit caliber as well.

Or they get dead, but it happens 3 days later in the hospital like a guy on a local gun range who shot himself with a rented .22LR pistol. WTF!?! Why would any suicide rent a .22 when there are dozens of guns available that all would have been superior? Was .44 Mag ammo just too expensive? Or there was that news anchor who shot herself on live TV (1974 I think) and died in the hospital -- surviving for hours as she used a wimpy .38 Special. Also the issue of immediate medical attention there.

It's possible to critique Kurt Cobain's suicide which used too weak a shotgun (20-gauge -- much less powerful than a 12-gauge) and the gun was too damn long at just over 45". I've read that while 12-gauge shotguns usually blow brains out, a 20-gauge doesn't always leave an exit wound.

The lesson seems to be that if you're going to shoot yourself use a 12-gauge & put it in your mouth & don't do it in front of an audience.

Reactions: Soul
BeenDoneForSoLong

BeenDoneForSoLong

Can't wait to be another statistic
Feb 6, 2019
These are extreme? Based on the title I expected dousing yourself in fuel, sky diving without a chute, to be listed. I don't know how drowning could be listed as gauranteed. SO much can go wrong here.

Reactions: Soul and Pupuce
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
I don't know how drowning could be listed as gauranteed. SO much can go wrong here.
I suppose drowning is virtually certain if you go all out, like take a boat miles off shore & set it on fire so that you can't chicken out and get back on it. Eventually you will drown though it sounds like a long and terrifying experience that ends in the agony of inhaling water. Advocates of drowning tell me this BS that it's actually pleasant, which makes me wonder if they'd enjoy being water boarded.

Reactions: Rex2019 and Godofdeathftw
BeenDoneForSoLong

BeenDoneForSoLong

Can't wait to be another statistic
Feb 6, 2019
Advocates of drowning tell me this BS that it's actually pleasant, which makes me wonder if they'd enjoy being water boarded.

Yea I don't what agenda people are trying to push in regards to drowning being peaceful... there's a reason water boarding has been used for so long in government agencies ect. Because it 'replicates the feeling of being drowned'.

Reactions: lilcowgirl
D

Death_is_Escape

Student
Jul 26, 2019
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Topic preface: Whenever I start a topic here I'm going to start with this, and I hope it's okay. Why? because I see both the good and the bad things with this forum.
The good thing is that you can avoid mistakes which could result in worse conditions than you where in before your ctb, the bad thing is that someone can make a bad decision for a temporary problem.
If you read this and something recently happened in your life, and you feel like you don't want to live anymore, and nothing can change that. Then remember even though it's hard right now, things change in life, and a lot of us have been there. I'm middle age (around 50yo) I have been there two times in my life. It was so painful, and I was sure my life was destroyed. I choose to talk to someone, and since then I've had a lot of happy moments in my life. If you have struggled for a very long time and see no other way, have you really tried everything? could a last solution be to sell everything and travel? or do other radical changes in your life, since you have nothing too loose? Please try EVERYTHING before you make this decision.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: This is my opinion, and of course you might not agree with me.

I have looked in to different methods which are peaceful, like exit bag with inert gas, N.
But there are risks involved with both of these methods.

N - You could throw up (small risk with anti-emetics but still a risk) Someone interrupt. But for me this method is not viable because I don't think I can source N here in Europe because of customs.

Exit bag - Removing bag while unconscious, something wrong with regulator, displacement of bag.

I'll admit both N and exit bag are methods with very small risks of becoming a vegetable if correctly done (antiemetics for N, and with exit bag correctly executed)
But the small risk could result in living for a long time as a vegetable, in extreme physical and mental pain.

I would personally take a couple of minutes of pain and be guaranteed to ctb.

If I were to jump, then I'd pick a spot high enough and remote enough to reduce the odds of not only being stopped by a nosy-body, but guaranteeing a fatal impact.