F

fire12362

Student
Dec 10, 2023
Jim Jones killed almost everybody he gave the cyanide to. Why isn't cyanide recommended on here?

Reactions: Venessolotic
sukuna

sukuna

#1 sukuna glazer
Sep 23, 2023
because im pretty sure its impossible to get and even if you tried to make it yourself by crushing cherry pits it wouldnt be nearly enough or as potent to kill you i think

but if you are a lab/institution you can order cyanide online from when I was looking at it

Reactions: FollowHim
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
It's not that it is not recommended but it's said to be painful, more painful than SN. The other things is cyanide is extremely toxic for others, too.

Cyanide is imo an option to be used as a CTB method if this is your choice.

Reactions: myusername890 and BrainShower
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me đź’™
Nov 1, 2023
It's hard to get. For the same effort you could probably get opioids instead, which are painless.

There's just lots of things better than cyanide in pain and in obtainability.

Reactions: myusername890 and FollowHim
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
because im pretty sure its impossible to get and even if you tried to make it yourself by crushing cherry pits it wouldnt be nearly enough or as potent to kill you
HCN and KCN can be produced out of potassium ferricyanide or potassium ferrocyanide which are more easy to obtain. These precursors can be used for producing carbon monoxide as well.

BrainShower

BrainShower

Tiny storm
Nov 7, 2023
Jim Jones killed almost everybody he gave the cyanide to. Why isn't cyanide recommended on here?
I thought this was interesting.
From Wikipedia:
"The United States standard cyanide antidote kit first uses a small inhaled dose of amyl nitrite, followed by intravenous sodium nitrite, followed by intravenous sodium thiosulfate."

Toobrokentofix

Toobrokentofix

Experienced
Jul 7, 2020
I thought this was interesting.
From Wikipedia:
"The United States standard cyanide antidote kit first uses a small inhaled dose of amyl nitrite, followed by intravenous sodium nitrite, followed by intravenous sodium thiosulfate."
I told the ER Dr that SN was an antidote for cyanide when I took SN last week. He looked as me like I was an idiot and shook his head lol. I found it amusing because he hadn't a clue about SN.

Reactions: Sid19, delayedcactus and BrainShower
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Painful I think, easy to get hold of for cleaning gold though.

It's not like in the movies where you pop a pill and drop dead 5 seconds later.

Reactions: wildbluekiss and Yavannah
F

fire12362

Student
Dec 10, 2023
Painful I think, easy to get hold of for cleaning gold though.

It's not like in the movies where you pop a pill and drop dead 5 seconds later.
Yeah, even N doesn't do that :(

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Yeah, even N doesn't do that :(
The only methods that take 5 seconds and are actually accessible are probably jumping and trains.

Guns if you live in the states I guess.

D

delayedcactus

Nov 27, 2023
I told the ER Dr that SN was an antidote for cyanide when I took SN last week. He looked as me like I was an idiot and shook his head lol. I found it amusing because he hadn't a clue about SN.
If you're comfortable, would you be able to make a new thread about your attempt for educational purposes? I think it would help a lot of folks like myself whose chosen method is SN.

Reactions: fire12362
Toobrokentofix

Toobrokentofix

Experienced
Jul 7, 2020
If you're comfortable, would you be able to make a new thread about your attempt for educational purposes? I think it would help a lot of folks like myself whose chosen method is SN.
I already did.
It's called I failed because I'm chicken shit