W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
getting stuck somewhere and dying due to simply running out of energy/food/water etc? Surely this must happen quite often, the world is very chaotic...

• Hugs
Reactions: peacefully31425, Final Escape, Oyoy and 2 others
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Unless the person in question in famous, or the circumstances surrounding the actual death are out of the ordinary, I don't think it's considered news-worthy.

Reactions: Skathon, Bct, Neville1 and 3 others
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
Unless the person in question in famous, or the circumstances surrounding the actual death are out of the ordinary, I don't think it's considered news-worthy.
Would it just be called death from exposure?

Reactions: NoCoast
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019

Probably. Where I live we get the occassional "Elderly person froze to death in X" during really bad winters. But, I can't say I see it often.

Reactions: NoCoast
C

CAH

May 22, 2020
getting stuck somewhere and dying due to simply running out of energy/food/water etc? Surely this must happen quite often, the world is very chaotic...
I am sure that it does happen!

Reactions: _Minsk
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
It happens. It often gets brushed under the carpet. It only becomes newsworthy if the story is though to be able to increase sales.

Reactions: Skathon, Bct, _Minsk and 1 other person
S

Shakespear's Brother

Sep 10, 2019
I would conjecture, because it happens with such high frequency.

It's also somewhat horrifying, particularly if there is an economic inequity aspect to it, ie: person ran out of food, electricity turned off, water supply disconnected because they cannot afford to pay for those things (this happens in the US).

Although I imagine maybe you are referring to random events that take a person by surprise? Like, perhaps in the aftermath of a natural disaster and a person is trapped. That, too, is quite horrifying.

Reactions: Final Escape and Walilamdzi
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
I would conjecture, because it happens with such high frequency.

It's also somewhat horrifying, particularly if there is an economic inequity aspect to it, ie: person ran out of food, electricity turned off, water supply disconnected because they cannot afford to pay for those things (this happens in the US).

Although I imagine maybe you are referring to random events that take a person by surprise? Like, perhaps in the aftermath of a natural disaster and a person is trapped. That, too, is quite horrifying.
I meant all of those kinds of things really, I'm just surprised there aren't more people keeling over from exhaustion etc all the time.

Reactions: Shakespear's Brother
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
This is what's going on with me. I'm feeling forced to suicide for circumstantial reasons. It probably happens a lot. Especially now that they ruined the economy. Yea we will be starving to death or suiciding.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Not a lot of people care. Wish it would happen to me ngl