U

username8888

-
Oct 11, 2023
Recently I have watched a documentary about the UK's health service becoming privatized.

In one of the scene I saw this:

Screenshot from 2023 11 02 18 17 47

This free healthcare place was built by american volunteers in West Virigina. These above are dentist chairs. Those are dentist who are paid by the local community.

If dentist and general practitioners could do it why not something similar like in Switzerland.

Imagine why can't a non-profit group of people just set nitrogen gasses instead of dentist place.

Screenshot from 2023 11 01 20 59 39

And a non-profit organisation in Switzerland called Dignitas had been helping people to die by helium gas.

Look at that pubmed article: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20211999/

It would work fine I guess. Maybe some non-organisation people are fine with it? What do you think?

(Please don't just answer something like 'it wouldn't work because it wouldn't work.)

Last edited:
F

Falling Slowly

Student
Sep 9, 2023
Most elderly or very ill people would not want to die by inhaling gas through a mask, when they have the option of just taking a glass of water with pentobarbital mixed in with it. I think that time Dignitas used helium was a rare occasion that inert gas was used. I don't know if they are currently allowed to use it.

I wouldn't hold my breath that something like Sacro pods will ever be legalized in Switzerland. That would cut out the need for any doctor having to give the go-ahead.

Currently, any organisation offering assisted suicide services can only offer it to people with serious or incurable illness, or serious or incurable consequences of an accident.