Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Growing up, tv was everything to me. It's what kept me going, but now I'll rewatch a lot of it and i feel nothing but sad because I miss the past.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, kermudgeon and 1 other person
kermudgeon

kermudgeon

Exit Through the Gift Shop
Feb 8, 2024
I get that.

For me it's like I have to fight through all these shitty attached memories just to reach the comfort zone. I guess it doesn't help that I grew up in the 80s and a lot of these shows haven't aged well at all... :hihi:

• Aww..
Reactions: Ambivalent1
vak

vak

🏅🇨🇿
Feb 13, 2024
What shows did you watch? I don't think I would enjoy watching Power Rangers or Pokemon again, only Yo soy betty la fea stayed with me throughout the years,

Reactions: Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
What shows did you watch? I don't think I would enjoy watching Power Rangers or Pokemon again, only Yo soy betty la fea stayed with me throughout the years,
I tried to rewatch Pokemon, but Team Rocket being in every episode ruined it.

I rewatch shows from the late 90s to 2000s like Samurai Jack, some anime but that can feel tedious too. The hardest shows are episodic like johnny bravo, courage the cowardly dog, etc. It just feels so pointless if the story is so short and doesn't continue. I tried to rewatch Catdog today and shut it off. It takes me back but I'm watching it through the lens of a much older person who's suffered extensively since back then.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist
ThymeToLeave

ThymeToLeave

Adventurer
Dec 12, 2023
The trick is to watch new shows that remind you of the shows of your youth. Homages, parodies, new shows in the same franchise, etc. I grew up watching Star Trek in the 90s so got that perfect blend of comfort and novelty from The Orville and some newer Trek shows.

Reactions: doormat25