Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
30 yrs ago the internet wasn't much and people lived normal lives and were fine with it. If the internet disappeared today, a lot of people would suddenly feel lost even though the outside world is what everyone throughout history engaged with every day.

Reactions: Hikikomori1 and Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Yes, a century ago everyone was an astronomer.

• Yay!
Reactions: Valky and ongoingo
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
idk about others but im terrified of people. i wish i could go outside more bc i like being in nature but the thought i might see another person is enough to make me stay inside for months on end.

• Love
Reactions: imissmykitten, Is0lated, jaxxon_sunn and 6 others
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
idk about others but im terrified of people. i wish i could go outside more bc i like being in nature but the thought i might see another person is enough to make me stay inside for months on end.
People are evil. Nice people are wolves in sheep costumes

Reactions: StolenLife, Message In A Bottle, cgrtt.brns and 1 other person
SpiderLink

SpiderLink

they/them
Apr 3, 2023
30 yrs ago the internet wasn't much and people lived normal lives and were fine with it. If the internet disappeared today, a lot of people would suddenly feel lost even though the outside world is what everyone throughout history engaged with every day.
I think the pandemic added onto this too

Reactions: Forever Sleep
CloudyNight

CloudyNight

Wake me up before you go go
Apr 15, 2023
I'll sit outside and pretend I'm a plant and often enjoy going outside.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: bruised, cgrtt.brns and Ambivalent1
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
It's called anthropophobia. I recommend that you seek more information about it. My own experience with it is that it can be healed.

• Love
Reactions: cgrtt.brns
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
It's called anthropophobia. I recommend that you seek more information about it. My own experience with it is that it can be healed.
thank you, id never considered this before. i always just thought i had really bad social anxiety but im also really scared of just being looked at and perceived by other people which i never knew the reason for.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mirrory Me
ggetout33

ggetout33

Better to reign in hell...
Mar 3, 2023
I live in a small town suburbs where I hardly know anyone after having lived here for over 10 years. It's car centric like a motherfucker and I have yet to get a license. Walking and biking is nice, maybe going to the library or a restaurant. But past that there's not a whole lot to do. So I typically spend my days online.

Reactions: Csmith8827, Ambivalent1 and cgrtt.brns
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I live in a small town suburbs where I hardly know anyone after having lived here for over 10 years. It's car centric like a motherfucker and I have yet to get a license. Walking and biking is nice, maybe going to the library or a restaurant. But past that there's not a whole lot to do. So I typically spend my days online.
Yeah the outside world is either blank or expensive. And I hate car centered communities.

Reactions: Csmith8827
animetal

animetal

a confession, a cadaver
May 8, 2023
I struggle with facial expressions alot and I've developed agoraphobia, coming from someone who's autistic I think the outside world has always been a bit mean and I've had to learn to mirror others and mask alot of my personality which is why I feel the most comfy in my room. :>

Reactions: cgrtt.brns, Message In A Bottle and Ambivalent1
SCDLKD

SCDLKD

May 29, 2023
I'm not sure if the internet is the one to blame for. I would blame it on social media more. Normal people looks like zombies or like they have to be sharing everything. Like wtf, why do you need a record of everything? I never understood that, i use social media, but im not living in it.

Reactions: cgrtt.brns and Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I'm not sure if the internet is the one to blame for. I would blame it on social media more. Normal people looks like zombies or like they have to be sharing everything. Like wtf, why do you need a record of everything? I never understood that, i use social media, but im not living in it.
Gen Z arent quite human, I believe. They're part machine at this point. The other generations are freer from the phone's mind control.

Reactions: Csmith8827
jazzcat

jazzcat

dark eyed and miserable
May 19, 2023
Gen Z arent quite human, I believe. They're part machine at this point. The other generations are freer from the phone's mind control.
this sounds so judgemental and for what, I know a lot of older people that are addicted to sharing every detail of their lives on facebook

I don't think spending less time online makes someone superior, I'm very grateful for the internet and the friends I was able to make because of it

Reactions: cgrtt.brns
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
this sounds so judgemental and for what, I know a lot of older people that are addicted to sharing every detail of their lives on facebook

I don't think spending less time online makes someone superior, I'm very grateful for the internet and the friends I was able to make because of it
Older people have been corrupted by it but gen z's development was ruined by smart phones and social media.
For me, i loved going outside but now i'm very anxious, i hate when people look at me, i hate when they start whispering, i hate when people talk to me, i hate making eye contact with people, and i hate being judged, i just hate everyone, my anxiety makes me want to die, whenever i'm in a crowded place I can't breathe or move so i do my best everyday to avoid people.
What caused your anxiety to get so bad?

Reactions: SCDLKD
D

Duality

Harmony in Duality
May 27, 2023
Right now it is very hot where I am and I like being inside my air conditioned place. I can get my daily dose of vitamin D from supplements so that is covered.

That, and I also live in a small-ish suburb and there's really nothing here. Some parks and a couple of museums, but really nothing else to do here. I'm not an outdoorsy person either so that's a no go for me.

Basically too depressed and tired to want to do anything outside of my home, and the heat doesn't help.

Reactions: cgrtt.brns, SCDLKD and Ambivalent1
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
For me, i loved going outside but now i'm very anxious, i hate when people look at me, i hate when they start whispering, i hate when people talk to me, i hate making eye contact with people, and i hate being judged, i just hate everyone, my anxiety makes me want to die, whenever i'm in a crowded place I can't breathe or move so i do my best everyday to avoid people.
I myself was in a similar situation a few years ago. Directing anger at others only means that you want to protect yourself, that you don't want to feel weak (you're afraid that others would subordinate you). However, the reason is not in them themselves, but in some traumatic experience that affects your subconscious way of reacting to surrounding events.

In my time, I couldn't bear to live in constant anger (or fear, actually), so I started to intervene in my own way of reacting. I started looking for evidence that there is something good in people, as well as working with my traumas (it's worth learning how to treat them).

By working on it, sooner or later you will notice that you will get better. This morning when I woke up, I noticed that I actually miss people around me (I've just moved out of a mental hospital).

I'll add one more song that has touched me in this matter- I wish you well for your recovery.

• Love
Reactions: RainAndSadness and cgrtt.brns
l0stc4use

l0stc4use

lonely
May 6, 2022
i used to like going outside and going on walks but i've become too scared of the world. the last time i went on a walk some guy tried to get me to come inside his truck and ever since i haven't stepped foot out by myself again. i've had a lot of scary experiences with men (im a woman) and it sucks :(

• Wow
  • Hugs
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
i used to like going outside and going on walks but i've become too scared of the world. the last time i went on a walk some guy tried to get me to come inside his truck and ever since i haven't stepped foot out by myself again. i've had a lot of scary experiences with men (im a woman) and it sucks :(
Has that happened to female friends of yours too?

Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
Even 15 20 years ago this was still a thing as well because the internet hadn't yet completely taken over our lives yet.

The reason is simple.

Smartphones and social media took off in the 2010s and codvid really fucked people up.

Reactions: Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Even 15 20 years ago this was still a thing as well because the internet hadn't yet completely taken over our lives yet.

The reason is simple.

Smartphones and social media took off in the 2010s and codvid really fucked people up.
Is it because smart phones give dopamine more easily and with less effort than anything found outside? If people could have a dopamine IV hooked up by their bed, would people bother with anything?

Reactions: Hikikomori1
imissmykitten

imissmykitten

heart rot
May 7, 2023
i want to go outside more but it's difficult to walk past other people, and there's nowhere to go without a car. but i wish i could hang out in a forest. for others, i imagine it's because of social media for a lot of people and other complex reasons but a lot of it is definitely social media

• Aww..
  • Hugs