• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

F

fml223

Jul 27, 2024
This may be a stupid question, but I would like to hear some opinions.

While I do believe society should do everything possible to help those suffering, forcing a person who has long lost the will to live is just inhumane in my opinion. Sure, most people will say, "it will get better", but I am truly convinced that there are people that suffer way too much psychologically. While there may be no such thing as "beyond help", I feel like no sense of fulfillment would justify the immense amount of psychological suffering both in the present and potentially coming my way in the future. It's easy to tell people to keep on living when these people are blissfully unaware of mental health complications.

And anyways, it's not like I'm an important member of society for my life to have any value in the long run. Both my friends and family have gone through enough shit trying to figure out what is wrong with me. Why not save them the effort and me the suffering?

Reactions: F@#$, divinemistress36, Velvet Fortress and 1 other person

May 28, 2021
Well, it's taboo, and politicians - whose office is tied to votes - aren't usually willing to compromise their jobs for wildly unpopular policy. Democratically, most of the world just doesn't jive with euthanasia for those who don't have a foreseeable expiry date.

In Canada, however, we have Medical Assistance in Dying, which was brought about by our court system rather than by the government. It will be expanded to persons whose sole underlying condition is a mental health disorder in March 2027.

Upvote 0
Gangrel

Gangrel

Jul 25, 2024
Most people live happily, death is a very serious thing, the thing is, it's inconceivable to some people that death might be better than life because they never felt that way and never will.

Hate and fear spread a lot easier than empathy and compassion, it's easier to swipe places like this forum under the rug and pretend it doesn't exist than actually dealing with depressed people and their problems. It's easier to hate the different than to actually understand why they are the way they are.

Reminds of the people on twitter that are crazy against this forum, they focus on this place and blame the people here rather than why people choose to ctb.

This goes for everything on the current political climate, not just suicide.

Upvote 0