Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
I did it twice yesterday. I got one number and gave my number to one. One I met just yesterday and won't see again because it was a doctor's office. The other I've talked to a few times at the store.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Sounds like it worked, actually, if you're exchanging numbers. So, maybe text them and ask for a date.
One I met just yesterday and won't see again because it was a doctor's office.
What?

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Sounds like it worked, actually, if you're exchanging numbers. So, maybe text them and ask for a date.

What?
No responses from either. It didn't work. I had to go to the doctor a couple days in a row so I decided to talk to one of the workers.

It's hopeless. I'm never going to meet anybody going forward. I should've gone for the ones that were a sure thing in my 20s. i fucked up

• Hugs
Reactions: Marine and Hollowman
S

Slimetae

Slimeent🎲
Apr 23, 2022
Idek what that is but uh at least you tried try again with some new chicks.

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Idek what that is but uh at least you tried try again with some new chicks.
It's when you don't know them that well.

The next one will probably be months away. I don't get many options and I don't know how to find more.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
It's hopeless. I'm never going to meet anybody going forward. I should've gone for the ones that were a sure thing in my 20s. i fucked up
Relatable, and I must give you respect for at least trying.

Q

Quiet Desperation

Lonely wanderer
Dec 7, 2020
You have way more courage than I ever did, and that's all it takes, courage and persistence putting yourself out there. If I found someone, most people can because I am a disaster.

It can be demoralizing and ego bruising but it's a numbers game. You shouldn't get frustrated after two no matter who you are if you want a reasonable shot of finding someone. They may already be with someone, not receptive to dating, playing for the other team, don't like flirting at work, etc. Aim a lot higher before you start getting frustrated or assume it's you. If you do some reflection you'll probably learn stuff as you go and improve. Maybe try asking platonic female friends or coworkers for tough love feedback if you have someone you feel comfortable talking with openly.

A disadvantage of cold approaching in random places vs. online dating is that there's only a chance the people you're approaching are even available, let alone interested. They both have their drawbacks. But both require you to desensitize about rejection, its the most important thing you can do to succeed in my opinion.

I hear you struggling and I'm sorry you're hurting. If it's important to you, keep trying is my main message because if you give up it only gets worse from there. Speaking from experience.

• Love
Reactions: Weebster
S

Slimetae

Slimeent🎲
Apr 23, 2022
It's when you don't know them that well.

The next one will probably be months away. I don't get many options and I don't know how to find more.
Oh ok shit I don't really do that at all just keep trying you might just find one you just click with don't gotta rush it sometimes the best things start off as friendships as long as it's genuine basically what that guy said ^

L

LongtimeLoser

Apr 25, 2022
Have you watched Schitt's Creek? If not, skip to the episode where Moira gave advice on picking up men to her daughter Alexis. The advice works on both men and women.

After you have made contact with someone, such as swapping numbers, make sure to touch their hand, ever so slightly touch the middle of their back, or lightly touch their hair, etc.

It's called the love language of "touch". It may not work on the first person you try it in, maybe not even the second, but by the time you have tried it on the third person, someone's heart has melted… even if the effects aren't immediate.

I have used this method all my life. It works 100% of the time unless the other person genuinely isn't interested in a relationship with you, or if they're already taken. People enjoy knowing someone is interested in them. If used with tact, no one would take offense to a slight touch on the hand when swapping numbers and doing so will only GREATLY improve your odds.

Any women in here want to tell me I'm wrong? Any men?

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Relatable, and I must give you respect for at least trying.
Thanks. I try because I fear regret.
You have way more courage than I ever did, and that's all it takes, courage and persistence putting yourself out there. If I found someone, most people can because I am a disaster.

It can be demoralizing and ego bruising but it's a numbers game. You shouldn't get frustrated after two no matter who you are if you want a reasonable shot of finding someone. They may already be with someone, not receptive to dating, playing for the other team, don't like flirting at work, etc. Aim a lot higher before you start getting frustrated or assume it's you. If you do some reflection you'll probably learn stuff as you go and improve. Maybe try asking platonic female friends or coworkers for tough love feedback if you have someone you feel comfortable talking with openly.

A disadvantage of cold approaching in random places vs. online dating is that there's only a chance the people you're approaching are even available, let alone interested. They both have their drawbacks. But both require you to desensitize about rejection, its the most important thing you can do to succeed in my opinion.

I hear you struggling and I'm sorry you're hurting. If it's important to you, keep trying is my main message because if you give up it only gets worse from there. Speaking from experience.
Thanks for giving me perspective. I often try a few times and fail and then give up for a couple years. I have abandonment issues so rejection is a lot more painful for me than I assume it is for others. The dating game feels masochistic in my case.

Last edited:
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
No responses from either. It didn't work. I had to go to the doctor a couple days in a row so I decided to talk to one of the workers.

I didn't mean to like that (clumsy thumb)

• Yay!
Reactions: Weebster
S

Seeking_Peace

Arcanist
May 18, 2022
From my experience, a woman who likes you or finds you attractive will make it easier for you. There is no mind games. My best resources are networking between friend girls. They can vouch for you and the women are generally more perceptive than cold approaches where you're just a stranger and their guard is up. Best wishes!

Reactions: FlaxFlower
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
You also have to factor in that they have more options with dating apps. So you may have to make yourself stand out even more now than ever.

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
You also have to factor in that they have more options with dating apps. So you may have to make yourself stand out even more now than ever.
I'm pretty Chad-ish on a good day, but I'm sure there's a Chad-ish radish who surpasses me.