weargon

weargon

Experienced
Apr 20, 2019
Is it because lack of motivation to begin with? So it's just kind of hard to get excited about anything? That would be my guess. But if you're so worried about how people will think of you when you go out, why not give them a reason to see you as some martyr or something?

You get the point. Drug dealers, corrupt politicians, horrible people who make everyone's life they touch miserable hell, maybe really obvious ones, so the media can't spin your story the wrong way. Why doesn't anyone use their exit as a chance to make the world a slightly better place?

Also, wouldn't it make a person feel better knowing they died doing something good?

Just random thoughts, no need to get alarmed or anything lol.

Maybe it's because it's more difficult to carry out and requires more thought and effort to make it happen. Everyone wants to be able to just get on the bus and not think about it is my guess.

And I'm not implying it always has to be something that takes other lives. You could be anything from a monk trying to make a statement by lighting yourself on fire to a person destroying a bunch of infrastructure of something that pollutes or hurts everyone or something? Possibilities are endless.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AngelGirl, Kyrok, Soul and 3 others
L

lost_soul83

Wizard
Jan 7, 2019
Is it because lack of motivation to begin with? So it's just kind of hard to get excited about anything? That would be my guess. But if you're so worried about how people will think of you when you go out, why not give them a reason to see you as some martyr or something?

You get the point. Drug dealers, corrupt politicians, horrible people who make everyone's life they touch miserable hell, maybe really obvious ones, so the media can't spin your story the wrong way. Why doesn't anyone use their exit as a chance to make the world a slightly better place?

Also, wouldn't it make a person feel better knowing they died doing something good?

Just random thoughts, no need to get alarmed or anything lol.

Maybe it's because it's more difficult to carry out and requires more thought and effort to make it happen. Everyone wants to be able to just get on the bus and not think about it is my guess.

And I'm not implying it always has to be something that takes other lives. You could be anything from a monk trying to make a statement by lighting yourself on fire to a person destroying a bunch of infrastructure of something that pollutes or hurts everyone or something? Possibilities are endless.
No offense, but I think the last thing on the minds of most people trying to ctb is other people.

Reactions: CynicalHopelessness, dhk96 and ManWithNoName
weargon

weargon

Experienced
Apr 20, 2019
Fair point. Why would there be any offense from that statement? lol.

B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018
No offense, but I think the last thing on the minds of most people trying to ctb is other people.
Think it depends a lot on the circumstances. I'm having a massive dilemma as if I'm honest about the reasons for ctb it will hurt my family. If I'm not honest people won't understand how I feel and I'll be another case of " he solved a temporary problem with a permanant solution.
Think it depends a lot on the circumstances. I'm having a massive dilemma as if I'm honest about the reasons for ctb it will hurt my family. If I'm not honest people won't understand how I feel and I'll be another case of " he solved a temporary problem with a permanant solution.

I'm having this dilemma as if I'm honest about the scumbag my dad is and how it's affected me it will ruin my parents marriage. My mum deserves he truth but she'll be really hurt

Last edited:
Reactions: weargon
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
This.

When one ctb's that he or she is bound to hurt / upset / sadden somebody. This is why I am trying to find the most discreet way to call it quits as to not hit the radar of the media, nor end up on one of those suicide-pity videos like the MrCaringGuy channel. I'm not looking to make a statement, and I do not want anyone feeling sorry for me.

Though one can see examples of such ctb's like that of Socrates where he deliberately declined the offer to escape from prison, and instead willingly ate the Hemlock plant to end his life for philosophical reasons, but that kind of stunt simply isn't for me.

weargon

weargon

Experienced
Apr 20, 2019
Why does it matter though? Since you won't be there to care about whatever statement is made. Though I guess that also answers my question as well. None of us are going to hover in some alternate dimension and talk to gypsies through Ouija boards or anything about our regrets.

JayZT

JayZT

Jul 12, 2018
I want to leave as a tortured soul, not as a murderer

Reactions: ArtVandelay, Mart and Broken
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
For me it would probably be motivation. Same reason I don't plan on going all out on hookers and blow before I end it. I can't be arsed. You know I could probably conquer the world... if I could just get the brains to get out of bed in the morning.

Reactions: marcusuk63, ManWithNoName, weargon and 2 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I would say that most people who want to CTB just want to end their suffering and pain, so the last thing on their minds is homicide or taking down others with them. Furthermore, a lot of them have limited resources and are heavily focused on just overcoming SI and succeeding in their attempt that they don't have much room to try to be a 'hero'. Sure there are those out there who are able to do so as a protest or to make a statement, but those people are far and few.

Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
I try to rescue people from living, but apparently they like living in this miserable life.

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
The more I think about this, not only do I not want to make a statement, but the concern of having my ctb written up in the media is making me sway in the direction of carrying out my self deliverance anonymously, i.e. die with no identification, and hence be officially declared dead after seven years of missing. Yes, family will start to wonder what happened, but perhaps being missing is better than having them know one their life.

Reactions: marcusuk63
lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018

I'm having this dilemma as if I'm honest about the scumbag my dad is and how it's affected me it will ruin my parents marriage. My mum deserves he truth but she'll be really hurt
I told my mom repeatedly over the years how my dad's abuse destroyed me and it changed nothing... so I dunno, maybe your mom won't be that hurt. People stay really loyal to their spouses. Unless you'd be dropping a really big bombshell and you're sure she'd believe you.

Reactions: Dead Meat
Apostle

Apostle

Student
Apr 17, 2019
Sacrificial heroic deaths also don't offer a lot of agency over how/when you die. If you're running out to suicidally attack or protect someone, you can't really plan that and aren't likely to have much control over the situation. You're probably not going to have a solid idea of what's going on, and you could end up dying much more brutally than you intended, or you could fail to achieve what your death was intended for, or you might fail to die altogether and end up with severe, debilitating injuries. On top of that, I don't even know how you'd go about looking for opportunities to sacrifice your life. Attempting to search for that would take more time than a suicidal person would want to add to their life. There's no guarantee you'd even happen upon such a scenario, much less that you'd find a suitable opening to thrust yourself into it. There's so much random chance, danger, and complexity involved that I think it's pretty obvious why your average suicidal person would rather keep it simple and private than attempt something grand.

Reactions: whatever1111
B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018
I told my mom repeatedly over the years how my dad's abuse destroyed me and it changed nothing... so I dunno, maybe your mom won't be that hurt. People stay really loyal to their spouses. Unless you'd be dropping a really big bombshell and you're sure she'd believe you.
yeah i think she'll believe me

Reactions: Dead Meat
tomz323

tomz323

Walking to the bus stop
Mar 29, 2019
I would love to go out as a hero saving someone like in the movies, not really realistic though...

• Love
Reactions: Soul, Apostle, Redt2go and 1 other person
O

Onomotopoeia

Experienced
Feb 8, 2019
yea homicide is not in the plans... just not something i want to do regardless of my mental health. Nobody should get to choose to end someone else's life. Now if i were in the unlikely scenario of an active shooter and i saw an opportunity I like to think i'd make an effort to stop them. Still, nobody can really know if that's true until/if it happens.

Even if i found myself in those circumstances I couldnt make it about ctb anyway. I may want to die and that may let me be reckless but I would really need an opportunity to present itself I Dont see myself opening myself up to being crippled without a real chance at doing some good incase I dont die.

Hell its why i dont CTB now to much chance of being crippled. Still, it's all a moot point you cannot plan for this experiences and the alternative, homicide...just no like seriously if you want to CTB fine that is your right if you want to murder someone on the way out then you deserve to live forever in a jail cell.

AveryConure

AveryConure

Some idiot
May 11, 2018
I don't see myself as a hero or anything if I manage to ctb.

Just a dumb asshole who can't handle shit and would rather opt out of life. Nothing really virtuous about that but whatever.

Taylor

Taylor

Thankful
Dec 23, 2018
One of the things I wrote about in my letters were the fact that from a mental standpoint, I didn't just give up. I thought of every possible way to live with my issues and pursue my passion to make a living, the only problem is that I would be a public figure, and would be publicly shedding light on my demons, which could potentially affect others the way it did me. So I'd rather sacrifice myself since my health is failing and in decline anyway, so other people can continue to live their lives happily and unbothered, the way I would've. From a certain perspective, this could possibly be seen as selfless and heroic in my opinion, but that's just me.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I would love to go out as a hero saving someone like in the movies, not really realistic though...

I too think it would be mighty fine to go out doing good - maybe not like in the movies - but unambiguous opportunities for that aren't easy to come by. I try to keep an eye out for the right moment, though!

P

placeholder

Jan 6, 2020
lighting yourself on fire

Death by self-burn is extremely painful.
Why doesn't anyone use their exit as a chance to make the world a slightly better place?

I would like to receive an Organ Donation Euthanasia if the whole process is painless, but Organ Donation Euthanasia is not legal in the place I leave. Even if assisted suicide is illegal.

Last edited: