TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
There has been several times even today where I just want to leave a positive post on a members profile (usually about their profile pic) and it says "oops we ran into some trouble" does this mean they have a private profile it´s kind of annoying since I just want to leave a positive comment (not pro-life though)

• Hugs
Reactions: L I F E T O L O S E, Passersby, EternalShore and 1 other person
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
I do agree! >_< It is rather annoying for me too!
The reason for that tho is that it's the default mode, and most people don't edit their settings~

• Informative
Reactions: jar-baby, strawb12, TheGoodGuy and 1 other person
Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
I would say it's because of all the attention the site gets now. More people had there profiles public before the times article came out. It's really just depends on the user and there comfort level.

Reactions: tera_forest and d3j3ct3dl0s3r05
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I do agree! >_< It is rather annoying for me too!
The reason for that tho is that it's the default mode, and most people don't edit their settings~
I didn´t know it was the default mode, it really shouldn´t be of course people should have the means to be private if they want but as default people should be able to get whatever validation they can even through a profile pic. btw yours are adorable as well even though I don´t watch anime except stuff from childhood e.g. Dragonball, Yugi-Oh, Pokemon, Beyblade
I would say it's because of all the attention the site gets now. More people had there profiles public before the times article came out. It's really just depends on the user and there comfort level.
Did Times make an article about this site?

• Hugs
Reactions: d3j3ct3dl0s3r05 and EternalShore
abcz

abcz

confused with life
Sep 19, 2023
I think they did a while ago back in like 2021. Which is honestly how I found this site in the first place which is kinda sad.

Also the profile thing is slightly weird and confusing with it's wording as from my end before clicking on stuff it does say members can leave messages but it also says they can't see info which feels contradictory and likely what is preventing the messages from happening?

Reactions: TheGoodGuy
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
I didn´t know it was the default mode, it really shouldn´t be of course people should have the means to be private if they want but as default people should be able to get whatever validation they can even through a profile pic. btw yours are adorable as well even though I don´t watch anime except stuff from childhood e.g. Dragonball, Yugi-Oh, Pokemon, Beyblade
completely agreed! >_< There really isn't any need to keep new people's profiles so secretive since all it does is open up a new avenue to talk to people, and there isn't going to be anything bad on them in the first place!
awww~ Thank you very much! >w< fair enough btw~ Anime isn't for everyone! hehe~

• Love
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Okay just did a search but didn´t read it yet but assume it´s another persecution of suicidal people like can´t we one this ONE place in the entire real world and virtual where we can talk freely? I even gamed earlier with some online gaming friends and because I was drinking again the topic came up about depression and stuff in a very negative tone like anyone who feel this way should be eradicated. Actually I am continuing this in another thread feels more appropriate.

Reactions: deafening
Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
Yeah in December of 2021. It was called " where the disparaging log on and learn ways to die. "

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Yeah in December of 2021. It was called " where the disparaging log on and learn ways to die. "
Another pro-life take on it I suppose. They don´t get many of us got suicidal thoughts through the hormonal changes in our bodies in our early teens and it has stayed with us ever since even over a decade in some like myself.
completely agreed! >_< There really isn't any need to keep new people's profiles so secretive since all it does is open up a new avenue to talk to people, and there isn't going to be anything bad on them in the first place!
awww~ Thank you very much! >w< fair enough btw~ Anime isn't for everyone! hehe~
The only reason I see is maybe people can´t search for the posts and threads you made but I really don´t know if you can do that anyway on a locked profile.

Btw have considered if viewing One Piece as my first official no nostalgia anime would be a good choice I think my brother has seen it.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Passersby