Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
It's so conflicting to have everyone promising you that you are valued and loved while in practice they barely care at all about you. Everyone talks about mental health and how we need to support it but I cannot find easily accessible help anywhere. The NHS is slow and clunky with this, my friends don't care, my college has no counselling service, my parents want to pretend there isn't a problem and my brother thinks I'm selfish.

It really is brutal. I go through such long periods of feeling hopeless and when I finally do try to reach out there's nowhere to reach to.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 19276, WinterFaust, alizee and 7 others
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
I know what you mean. It seems the world is 'here for you', but apart from the ten minutes anyone can spare, it feels like somewhat of an empty gesture.

People insist 'it will get better' and then you realise nobody can live your life for you. So it's more of a 'go hence and succeed' message.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
It would make sense if those people were then pro choice, but they're the same people that would gladly ruin an attempt and leave my paralysed forever. Forcing us to live but can't bother to help us.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Bct, Angina, lovehate22 and 1 other person
MeriDeath

MeriDeath

Im on the edge of reality
May 10, 2020
It's so conflicting to have everyone promising you that you are valued and loved while in practice they barely care at all about you. Everyone talks about mental health and how we need to support it but I cannot find easily accessible help anywhere. The NHS is slow and clunky with this, my friends don't care, my college has no counselling service, my parents want to pretend there isn't a problem and my brother thinks I'm selfish.

It really is brutal. I go through such long periods of feeling hopeless and when I finally do try to reach out there's nowhere to reach to.

I relate, because somehow people who really want to help you somehow end up telling you about their life and how suicide is not the right option for you as if they are trying to give you a lesson about life. But I hold a strong belief that one that got nothing to live for shouldn't really care for other people. It's always been like that, death is not the solution and they will tell you to stay but in reality they're not going to e there 24/7 and it's us who later on do the suffer. So please don't think you're alone but rather just trust yourself more than anyone else because this world, sadly saying, is cruel. People are selfish. I wish it wasn't like that.

Reactions: Bct
Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020
Yeah, it's really frustrating when people says we're valued & loved yet basically avoid us when we need their support at most. I understand they also have their own struggles, but I just wish they don't outrightly abandon us.

Reactions: MeriDeath