HealMyBrain

HealMyBrain

Dec 6, 2023
I know this is a really selfish question, but why must my family love me like they do? I want to die, but my family really appreciates and loves me. I know they'd be traumatized and heartbroken forever, but I feel like I shouldn't hang onto my life for the sake of other people. It's my own life, I'm the one that has to live it and deal with it everyday, so I should have the final say on how it ends and when it ends. It's just hard because my family cares about me. I almost wish they didn't, because it would make this so much easier.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: moya117, annointed_towers, murun_b and 3 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
It's our natural behavior. Parents / family should love their kids even when they're grown up. I think it's unnatural that parents "hate" their kids or abuse them or create a toxic environment for them.

It is actually the unsolvable problem we have when there's a loving family and good family ties. Someone will inevitably have to suffer. Unfortunately an unsolvable problem.

melancholia_melodia

melancholia_melodia

Nov 29, 2023
Your parents brought you into this life, they watched you grow up under their care year after year, they watched you take your first steps, they watched you speak for the first time, of course they would love you. All parents would love their children... Mine love me too. It is hard for me to leave my parents behind, but I'm sure they will understand someday.

• Love
Reactions: moya117 and murun_b
HealMyBrain

HealMyBrain

Dec 6, 2023
I hope mine understand when I go. I don't really want to hurt them, because they are nice people. (That goes for all my family, honestly.) I just don't know how long I can hang on.
Your parents brought you into this life, they watched you grow up under their care year after year, they watched you take your first steps, they watched you speak for the first time, of course they would love you. All parents would love their children... Mine love me too. It is hard for me to leave my parents behind, but I'm sure they will understand someday.

• Love
Reactions: moya117 and melancholia_melodia
Volo vent

Volo vent

Sep 20, 2021
I know this is a really selfish question, but why must my family love me like they do? I want to die, but my family really appreciates and loves me. I know they'd be traumatized and heartbroken forever, but I feel like I shouldn't hang onto my life for the sake of other people. It's my own life, I'm the one that has to live it and deal with it everyday, so I should have the final say on how it ends and when it ends. It's just hard because my family cares about me. I almost wish they didn't, because it would make this so much easier.
We are on the same boat my family loves me a lot they are really good and always been good with me i feel horrible and i want to die but i feel bad about hurting them it makes me feel like a selfish monster

• Love
Reactions: murun_b and annointed_towers
Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
They surely would be heartbroken if you CTB'ed you can use that to recover. It's common for suicides and mental illnesses to affect the heartbroken family.