• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

weargon

weargon

Experienced
Apr 20, 2019
One of my biggest annoyances in life is lack of motivation, procrastinating to avoid overcoming lack of motivation, and having small tasks feel like you have to motivate yourself to move mountains. It would be a lot easier if humans weren't so shitty and everyone around me cared even the slightest about anything intelligent. I can't relate to anyone.

I'm a simple guy who uses common tools to fix, create, or improve things. But usually it feels like I'm a rocket surgeon stuck in a land of macaroni paintings and popsicle sticks. However, I know I'm not a genius so the thought of feeling like that doesn't help either. There's countless brilliant people online that perform tech work 10x more difficult and complex than mine, but I don't know what fantasy land they live in or if they go through similar dilemmas. One of the major things that set humans apart from primates was our advanced tool making, but now I see videos of monkeys browsing Instragram with human like interaction and everything starts to look very questionable.

Everyone says we're supposed to be one of the smartest generations ever. But all I do is run into morons. Old folks think young kids growing up are brilliant because they're on tablets and smart phones since they are toddlers, but what are they doing on them? Playing games and watching cartoons! How come I run into so many geezers who can fix damn near everything and run a conversation in any topic, while most youth I run into only care about pop culture? I know a lot of this is bias and that's where nostalgia comes from. But there has to be some truth to a shitty trend in there somewhere. I don't even think it's a matter of generation or age, it's more about comfort and necessity. Too much entertainment out today, because entertainment pays.

I could rant about this for hours, but that's a summary of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walilamdzi and housecat
S

S5E51mbB

2+2=5
Apr 1, 2019
Old folks think young kids growing up are brilliant because they're on tablets and smart phones since they are toddlers
They do? All I've ever heard about my generation is that technology is spoiling us and that we're too lazy and addicted. Only time I've seen otherwise is in school, when someone would fix a projector or do something on the computer, which would inevitably leave the teacher dumbfounded.

How come I run into so many geezers who can fix damn near everything and run a conversation in any topic, while most youth I run into only care about pop culture?
Selection bias? A lot of people I know around my age are pretty darn motivated and ambitious. I don't think it's really much different from past generations. I'm sure social media, though, allows people with more outlandish and even stupid opinions to be more expressive.

now I see videos of monkeys browsing Instragram with human like interaction and everything starts to look very questionable.
Can I have some links for this? Seems very interesting.

Reactions: Cevapcici
Divine Trinity

Divine Trinity

Pugna Vigil
Mar 20, 2019
I could talk about this for hours (I have several times) but I'll let "some old white guy" (sarcastic tone) do it;

One of my biggest annoyances in life is lack of motivation, procrastinating to avoid overcoming lack of motivation, and having small tasks feel like you have to motivate yourself to move mountains. It would be a lot easier if humans weren't so shitty and everyone around me cared even the slightest about anything intelligent. I can't relate to anyone.

I'm a simple guy who uses common tools to fix, create, or improve things. But usually it feels like I'm a rocket surgeon stuck in a land of macaroni paintings and popsicle sticks. However, I know I'm not a genius so the thought of feeling like that doesn't help either. There's countless brilliant people online that perform tech work 10x more difficult and complex than mine, but I don't know what fantasy land they live in or if they go through similar dilemmas. One of the major things that set humans apart from primates was our advanced tool making, but now I see videos of monkeys browsing Instragram with human like interaction and everything starts to look very questionable.

Everyone says we're supposed to be one of the smartest generations ever. But all I do is run into morons. Old folks think young kids growing up are brilliant because they're on tablets and smart phones since they are toddlers, but what are they doing on them? Playing games and watching cartoons! How come I run into so many geezers who can fix damn near everything and run a conversation in any topic, while most youth I run into only care about pop culture? I know a lot of this is bias and that's where nostalgia comes from. But there has to be some truth to a shitty trend in there somewhere. I don't even think it's a matter of generation or age, it's more about comfort and necessity. Too much entertainment out today, because entertainment pays.

Just because someone is good at some technical work, doesn't at all mean they're educated or well-rounded people. some of the dumbest things I hear are said by engineers, psychologist (w. Masters+), doctors, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cevapcici and Walilamdzi
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018

I'm not sure about the technology making us dumb or not. I can go into some things that absolutely dumb down the population. We live in artificial times. Many people who normally would have died because of not being healthy enough, go on to live and reproduce. These days the lower iq persons have far more kids than the high iq. Women control the iq of the next generation more than the man's genes.

When they legalized abortion this actually tends to take out the high iq. If u have high iq as a woman it actually lowers the odds u will have kids, especially in the current climate under feminism, but not for men with high iq. Before the encouragement of women away from motherhood and into careers most women had kids wether we wanted to or not.

There is more iodine deficiency these days, and if the baby in the womb is iodine deficient. This lowers iq. You cannot get nearly enough iodine from salt and this is why so many people now have thyroid issues and all sorts of health problems. Big Pharma profits off people being sick and makes medications to treat the conditions related to iodine deficiency. There is lots of toxic chemicals in water, food, even your furniture and fone contains flame retardent and it gets into the body. So u can't even avoid toxins just by eating clean and drinking filtered water.

Many kids are not educated by the public schools. They are not there to educate you properly about how to think, make good life decisions, history, economics, etc. You are basically wasting your time in your most formative years not learning how to be an adult. It's mainly there to serve the state, not to serve the interests of the kids who are forced to be there. You won't learn how to navigate your life in there and what the purpose of life is. Public school in part made me nihilistic which is really bad. I was very negative and pessimistic about my future.

Last edited:
Reactions: TAW122, weargon and Nullm
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
@Final Escape This is a really informative and good post. Our future is really bleak given how the majority of people with lower IQ's and less educated people in the world overtake and make up the masses. Also since the mob mentality is strong, it overrides what is really right and logical while the ignorant ideas and practices disseminate through the public. It's sad that then these people are in charge, thus further fucking up the future for ALL of us...