F

freedommatrix

Dec 19, 2019
Maybe it's my mothers cooking but whenever I eat chips, burger, a Subway sandwich, cookies, a cake etc... I always feel better filled and happier than when eating healthy food.

I'm not obese at all (21, 5ft 5in, 130lbs).

• Hugs
Reactions: ketchup sandwich, Moonicide, mediocre and 2 others
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Antinatalism + Efilism ❤️
Nov 4, 2019
Because they put additives and flavorings to make it taste better. It's on purpose. Plus sugar makes everything taste better and addicting.

Reactions: Fehler, UseItOrLoseIt, Kaczka86 and 1 other person
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Because we have been acclimated to a bad diet most of us. Bad food does taste better and it's easier to access. Healthy food is harder to prepare and make tasty but it's possible. I heard some pple are more sensitive to rich and flavorful food than others. I've never felt that interested in food and pigging out on junk but it's not the same for other people.

Reactions: Circles
lowres

lowres

Scum
Feb 9, 2019
Honestly you just gotta research recipes for healthier shit, might be harder to eat healthier especially if your still living with your parents ( I know it is for me) but my aunt is a vegan but sometimes she makes great meals that even i enjoy and makes great healthy snacks like granolas n stuff

Reactions: Circles
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
With some of the few meals I bother to cook, one simple food hack to help flavor up any vegetables/greens is to use some kind of sauce such as hot sauce for green beans or spinach, soy sauce with broccoli or asparagus. Season them up with whatever spices you like and presto. An extra bonus I like eating with these meals even though it's not as healthy is Italian bread I get from Walmart. Cheap but it's good af when you butter it up and add Italian/oregano seasoning then you heat it in the oven for 5-6 minutes on 425 degrees. Fast, cheap and good to eat.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, EmptyMan, mediocre and 2 others
L

lofistos345

Experienced
Oct 6, 2019
It doesn't taste bad at all. I enjoy healthy food. You need to learn properly cook it.

Reactions: Soulless_Angel, mediocre, TearyEyedQueen and 1 other person
Science Is Scary

Science Is Scary

Evidence is the path to the truth. Maybe.
Oct 17, 2019
For me, it may have been anhedonia (loss of pleasure) that killed my ability to enjoy some supposedly healthful foods. I spent most of my life enjoying plain foods like rice and vegetables.

Then one day I lost my ability to enjoy video games. And my appetite decreased and my taste changed. I could no longer stand to eat the plain foods I used to enjoy.

Now I rely on junk food and candy to keep myself from losing too much weight.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: mediocre, 837, lofistos345 and 1 other person
L

lofistos345

Experienced
Oct 6, 2019
For me, it may have been anhedonia (loss of pleasure) that killed my ability to enjoy some supposedly healthful foods. I spent most of my life enjoying plain foods like rice and vegetables.

Then one day I lost my ability to enjoy video games. And my appetite decreased and my taste changed. I could no longer stand to eat the plain foods I used to enjoy.

Now I rely on junk food and candy to keep myself from losing too much weight.

Any antipsychotics? Have you tried eating anything diferent?

Science Is Scary

Science Is Scary

Evidence is the path to the truth. Maybe.
Oct 17, 2019
Any antipsychotics? Have you tried eating anything diferent?
I was on risperidone for a few months. I've since discontinued it in case it was the cause.

I've found some foods I can enjoy, largely cheesy foods. My small appetite leads to me think I should eat high calorie foods to avoid losing weight. But I'm not a dietician.

Last edited:
Moonicide

Moonicide

ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Nov 19, 2019
Could most definitely be your mothers cooking, but I understand where you're coming from. Outside food can be so addicting and comforting... I tend to binge on outside food when I'm feeling the lowest as it gives me a temporary feeling of happiness.

• Love
Reactions: lofistos345, EmptyMan and mediocre
EmptyMan

EmptyMan

Its over
Dec 22, 2019
Good food is good IMO
I like McDonald's burgers but also self made burgers for example

Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
Vegetables grew on me, but I still cant cook them.
I did't enjoy my first salad until I was 21. I didn't like beans until I was 40. Lima beans are still evil tasting.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
how to upgrade your food in one ez step
Asian-Sauces-2.jpg

• Love
Reactions: one.way.out and ketchup sandwich
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
1. Open package of beans.
2. Put in bowl.
3. Open can of tuna.
4. Put in bowl.
5. Pour glass of milk (don't put in bowl).
6. Prepare carrot.
7. That's one of several GAE-approved meals ready for consumption in front of you.

I'll throw in another one:

1. Take eggs.
2. Take banana.
3. Fry in pan.
4. Prepare spinach.
5. Serve your GAE-approved meal with milk.

• Love
Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
My taste buds are indifferent to anything but ketchup.

Reactions: Fragile
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Most of the food I like is unhealthy, to me it just tastes better. I struggle to eat vegetables. I particularly like chocolate the most.

UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
Because it's not tweaked to taste good.

I like broccoli.

ketchup sandwich

ketchup sandwich

Lost
Sep 15, 2020
I binge ate Little Debbies as a child almost every day, ruined my pallet. All I ate was peanut butter sandwiches, pizza, chicken nuggets and junk food. Broccoli made me gag, same with pretty much all fruits, vegetables, meats, etc. As a teenager I developed an eating disorder, now after two years of recovery I eat mostly unprocessed foods, a variety of fruits and vegetables, I never thought I'd become a normal, balanced eater, but it's possible for anyone!! Treat your aversion to healthy food like a phobia! Just like a fear of public speaking, the only way to overcome the phobia is through exposure therapy. Broccoli and tomatoes used to make me gag but I eat them daily now! There's still room for processed, "junk" food, but only in moderation, whole foods should make up the bulk of one's diet. I still need to overcome my aversion to vegetables like squash and zucchini

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner and sick.faery