Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
I looked up the adult effects and it mentioned that.

rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I think the theory is that children learn how to relate to others from the way they are treated by their parents and other people. If children are abused they have no experience of good relationships and don't know how to behave with others. They can actually be confused by people treating them well and don't know how to reciprocate.

I think.

Reactions: waitingforrest and NSA
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
I think the theory is that children learn how to relate to others from the way they are treated by their parents and other people. If children are abused they have no experience of good relationships and don't know how to behave with others. They can actually be confused by people treating them well and don't know how to reciprocate.

I think.
My guess is that the adult is too negative, probably mentally ill, has some antisocial tendencies, socially awkward maybe. So it's ultimately that they're off putting. Trust issues would throw a wrench in it too.

What do you think?

I have one good adult friendship but it's fizzling out because my overwhelming problems make me extremely negative.

• Informative
Reactions: whatevs, rationaltake and waitingforrest
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
My guess is that the adult is too negative, probably mentally ill, has some antisocial tendencies, socially awkward maybe. So it's ultimately that they're off putting. Trust issues would throw a wrench in it too.

What do you think?

I have one good adult friendship but it's fizzling out because my overwhelming problems make me extremely negative.
I think you're right. The adult just doesn't know how to behave. You're spot-on when it comes to trust.

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
Speaking from personal experience, for me its trust, I was abused daily as a child, Now I struggle with adults, second guess their every move, always believe there is a ulterior motive, Always assume that nothing is done for love, but because its for their gain
Socially awkward, I cannot hold conversations, as I was never taught how to hold them, withheld from friendships as a child, meaning I don't know how friendships work, and if I get a *friend* I end up treating them like shit, as I don't know what to do/say or how to act.
I could go on but you get the idea?

Reactions: demuic, whatevs and rik
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Speaking from personal experience, for me its trust, I was abused daily as a child, Now I struggle with adults, second guess their every move, always believe there is a ulterior motive, Always assume that nothing is done for love, but because its for their gain
Socially awkward, I cannot hold conversations, as I was never taught how to hold them, withheld from friendships as a child, meaning I don't know how friendships work, and if I get a *friend* I end up treating them like shit, as I don't know what to do/say or how to act.
I could go on but you get the idea?
Yeah I think everything is done out of self interest, which is usually the case. Another reason to die. Being isolated sucks so bad