A

anyoneshorizon

Jun 8, 2022
I am not super religious but I am aware that at least in Christianity suicide is one of the worst sins because not only is it murder ( to one's self) it is rejecting God's gift of life. I think it's referred to as an unforgivable sin. I guess you go to hell or something I am not sure. My guess (with very little evidence) is that people realized being dead was way better than being a slave, being so poor, or just being alive in their current situation so they killed themselves. Obviously, the people up top need slaves and workers so they made it so that death was not an escape no more. They controlled people's lives and deaths. Slaves were trapped being slaves and their only other option was eternal suffering. And why would God be so angry i killed myself? Like i am not forced to love and always accommodate a gift someone gave me I never asked for especially if its making my life worse.

makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
I am not super religious but I am aware that at least in Christianity suicide is one of the worst sins because not only is it murder ( to one's self) it is rejecting God's gift of life. I think it's referred to as an unforgivable sin. I guess you go to hell or something I am not sure. My guess (with very little evidence) is that people realized being dead was way better than being a slave, being so poor, or just being alive in their current situation so they killed themselves. Obviously, the people up top need slaves and workers so they made it so that death was not an escape no more. They controlled people's lives and deaths. Slaves were trapped being slaves and their only other option was eternal suffering. And why would God be so angry i killed myself? Like i am not forced to love and always accommodate a gift someone gave me I never asked for especially if its making my life worse.
Well religion needs to keep enlarging their flocks to have many sheep to shear. A church or any religious institution has to keep those church pews full of sinners, so they can get free untaxable money from the congregation! As the number of gullible worshipers so do church revenues. Hallajujah brother, now pass the collection plate! In God $ we trust!

Girl-shaped Wound

Girl-shaped Wound

In love with a person that doesn't exist
Feb 19, 2022
More suicide = less people to exploit

• Informative
Reactions: Julgran
gomenasai

gomenasai

Student
Sep 30, 2022
Because they can't see the forest for the trees.

J

JustSwingingTheD

Experienced
Jan 31, 2022
Why are sex and thinking with your own head frowned upon in religion?

Religion, all religions, are worship of power, of lies. The whole point of that absurd circus is to say "this is complete bullshit and everyone can see it, yet you must bow down in front of it because everyone else does" At it's core, it's like that fairy tale, The Emperor's New Clothes.

The most religious people are really just people who get the most turned on by this form of power, shame delivered through group-think and group-mentality.

StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
Suicide is not frowned upon in all cultures and religions. In the Japanese culture (a fairly religious society) suicide is considered honourable. Someone important recently did it and they were called a "true samurai" by someone of high status.

I heard on here that the reason Christianity is against suicide is because many peasants were killing themselves to escape their shitty lives and get into the eternal happiness of heaven so the Church added a clause saying anyone who kills themselves goes to hell. If lots of people do it then the rest of society suffers a lot.

The Christians I personally know do not consider suicide an "unforgivable sin" but they say that God has a plan for when everyone should die and it's best not to go against it.

In general, why would anyone who believes God is all-loving support someone killing themselves? The very nature of a Christian supporting suicide is a little strange.
What I've always wondered about is, what if God's plan is literally for someone to kill themselves? I mean statistically at least one death out of billions and billions of people who've lived since the beginning of time had to be a suicide which was orchestrated by God, right? Or if we go by New Age, what if one chose this incarnation specifically to experience what it's like to die because of suicide, since New Age is all about how Earth is a school and you need as many lessons as you can to become one with the source or whatever? How do prolifers that are part of these belief systems explain that?