• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

puppybrained

puppybrained

they/them
Jul 15, 2024
as selfish as it sounds, i don't really like helping people. i don't feel like i give good advice and i don't know how to comfort people well. i don't have a lot of energy to do it either. still, i see people on here putting themselves out there all the time and offering to be someone to talk to. it seems difficult, but it's really inspiring to see there's a lot of people willing to do it.
so out of curiosity, why? whats your reason for wanting to help a stranger? do you feel like youre good at it? do you get tired?

• Hugs
Reactions: etherealspring, enduringwinter, Serial Experi Pain and 2 others
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Proud Normie
Sep 19, 2023
as selfish as it sounds, i don't really like helping people. i don't feel like i give good advice and i don't know how to comfort people well. i don't have a lot of energy to do it either. still, i see people on here putting themselves out there all the time and offering to be someone to talk to. it seems difficult, but it's really inspiring to see there's a lot of people willing to do it.
so out of curiosity, why?
To me... I'm often not sure what is worth doing or what life means, but I have no doubt that helping someone else is not a bad thing.

I also believe in people, but I think we need support. I haven't always gotten the type of support I needed, so I try my best.

whats your reason for wanting to help a stranger?
Basically the above. But as for "stranger"... Helping someone in my life is arguably selfish. There's something nice about being there for someone who didn't have anyone else. I've been there where I needed to talk about things I didn't want to talk about with anyone irl ... I want to pass that on by being there for others.

do you feel like youre good at it?
¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯ I know I help some people. And sometimes I try really hard and the person ends up hating me and cutting me out of their life. I've learned to just be available but not press too much.

do you get tired?
Yeah ... Sometimes I have to wait to respond and take care of myself first. Like how you have to put on your own oxygen mask before your kid's on an airplane.

If I think we're becoming friends and it ends badly... That's really tough. Although I think I now know how long it takes me to move past it.

Reactions: Serial Experi Pain
astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
idk about helping people but i like to validate them. giving advice is hard and honestly sometimes people aren't looking for advice they just want some sympathy. they want someone just to reassure them they're allowed to feel xyz.

as for why i do it it's normally because somehow what the person's going through resonates with me. like i can't help myself w these issues but i wish i could help someone else.

and of course there's a smaller darker piece that believes i have no inherent value as a human being and these are just the things i must do in order to feel okay about myself. if i can make someone else feel better even a little then surely i must have… some sort of value idk…

• Love
Reactions: Serial Experi Pain
Serial Experi Pain

Serial Experi Pain

I hate me more :P
Sep 12, 2023
Because no one has ever given a fuck about me, so I want as few people to feel that way as possible. Never ends well for me, but I refuse to be a dick when the world is full of cunts causing everyone immense amounts of pain already. If I can better one persons life for just a little while or in some way, I'm happy with that. I've done it before and I'll do it again... I just don't want other people to be as alone and as hopeless as I am even if there's no hope for me.

• Love
Reactions: Cinnamorolls, deficient, astr4 and 1 other person
Gangrel

Gangrel

Jul 25, 2024
Because i feel bad for them. Because i know everyone has a story, a favorite color, a favorite food, something they find funny, it makes me feel bad they're feeling bad. I would like to try to help everyone but of course i can't. Sometimes i read threads of people who have passed away and i literally "miss" them even though i never spoke to them or anything. I just wish i was there, i wish they're thaught me something new or had an interesting conversation with me. I wish i could've hug them or show them something they didn't knew or ever had.

• Love
Reactions: deficient, astr4 and Serial Experi Pain
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I don't like helping people. I only want to help myself and I can only do so by killing myself

Reactions: sserafim
enduringwinter

enduringwinter

flower, water
Jun 20, 2024
Just like you I don't want anything to do with others by default so when I help someone it is because I like them plain and simple. Even if it is a stranger.