Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
We just are. There is no inherent reason for our existence. Why does that rock in your backyard exist? Why does the sun exist? Why does the universe exist? It's the same question, with the same answer.

Your purpose, or humanity's purpose for that matter, does not and will never exist. We have no more purpose than a rock, a mountain, or anything else. A rock just is. It doesn't have a higher purpose.

But what about a meaning to your life? A meaning is at its core, simply an idea in your head. Outside of that mental space, it does not exist. One person's meaning in life might be entirely different from yours

everything that exist came into existence from nothing from simple beginning comes complex things if you prescribe to the idea that god created everything that doesn't explain what created god the obvious conclusion to be drawn is that something did come into existance from nothing which means there is no design, no purpose, no evil and no good, nothing but pointless indifference

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: myusername890, Gonnerr, HAL 9000 and 10 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
If you are talking about this lifetime, in my experience I'm here working out trauma I had from a previous life. Yes it's just a mental construction but apparently for me in that life it was earth shattering. I needed to come back and try to deal with that lingering trauma. I hope I'm done with that. My question remains about why these particular parents and place. My parents and I have a long history here in America, our family on both sides go back to the Mayflower so my guess is lots of trauma over the years connected with various historical traumas. We may all be connected from past lives.

So I can extrapolate it to everything, just as reproduction takes place, these traumas radiate outwards from the original trauma and keep recreating themselves in various ways. I'm a Buddhist so this ties in with that philosophy. But even if I weren't a Buddhist, I would have come to this conclusion. My mission is to let go of all this mental anguish over things that happened in the past.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE and idk3
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
If the philosophers, some of the greatest minds were unable to grasp as to why we exist, even unable to understand why they exist, it is obviously beyond our comprehension to ever understand the greater meaning to life, or if even such a thing exists.

I, myself, will never be able to understand why I exist. It is all pointless.

• Hugs
Reactions: WretchedDreams, leavingsoon99, Hollowman and 6 others
Geist

Geist

F this forum and its members. Nothing but pussies.
Oct 7, 2023
In this sad world of ours, I genuinely believe our only purpose in life is to work. You're basically just a slave for most of your life. And if you're not a "productive member of society", everyone will just look at you like you're the scum of the earth. Everything is about money. I do think that we humans were meant for more, but neither we nor any generation after us will ever get to find out, because I believe the world is done for soon anyway.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988, WretchedDreams, Hollowman and 4 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Reactions: Deleted member 65988, leavingsoon99, Hollowman and 2 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
The thing that puzzles me most is consciousness.
Why does consciousness exist ?
Where does it truly come from ?
Is it a biochemical reaction, or is consciousness some kind of soul energy ?
It's so unbelievably weird.
Yet life on earth is mostly about suffering. We are born into a predatory system, both in the natural world and the world of society.
So I guess life is all about finding meaning amongst all the suffering.
The meaning we find is purely subjective, yet life is mostly a pointless struggle with very little meaning anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meditation guide, Praestat_Mori and Darkover
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Why does consciousness exist ?
Where does it truly come from ?
What is the purpose of consciousness increases the likelihood that an organism will direct its attention, and ultimately its movements, to whatever is most important for its survival and reproduction.

consciousness comes from inside the brain

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and Praestat_Mori
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Our problem is that we seem to crave meaning. Probably because we suffer. We want some justification for it. Rocks probably don't suffer and don't care that they don't have some big purpose in life. The majority of animals are probably the same. They are too busy trying to just survive. I doubt they get much time for much else and when they do- they probably try to enjoy it, eg. basking in the sun. When they do suffer- they don't appear to hold a grudge against life or God. Not that we can know for sure but- they don't seem to. They just try and deal with it as best they can- or- they get killed and eaten. Our biggest curse is probably being aware of all this shit.

If you weren't in psychological/ physical/ emotional pain- do you suppose you'd be a hedonist? I imagine nihilism either goes one way or the other- deep depression and lethargy or shameless abandonment to seeking out pleasure at whatever cost.

• Hugs
Reactions: Abandoned Character, WAITING TO DIE and Praestat_Mori
V

Val12345

Oct 13, 2023
I can understand your point
But what do you want to do about it?

Reactions: Abandoned Character
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
What is the purpose of consciousness increases the likelihood that an organism will direct its attention, and ultimately its movements, to whatever is most important for its survival and reproduction.

consciousness comes from inside the brain
Yes, I think consciousness is purely a biochemical reaction.
I find it hard to that believe we are souls that incarnated into a body.

Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
In this sad world of ours, I genuinely believe our only purpose in life is to work. You're basically just a slave for most of your life. And if you're not a "productive member of society", everyone will just look at you like you're the scum of the earth. Everything is about money. I do think that we humans were meant for more, but neither we nor any generation after us will ever get to find out, because I believe the world is done for soon anyway.
I know I'm done soon.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Existence is just nothing more than a horrific mistake that so senselessly and unnecessarily caused so much harm and suffering, I certainly see existence as best erased and forgotten about, it's tragic how anyone has to exist all. I believe many humans try to search for meaning as they have the ability to be conscious and aware unlike animals, but there could never be one. We are just temporary beings waiting to decay and die, all while suffering so meaninglessly in the process.

Reactions: sanction, AncientSorrow and Rogue Proxy
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Consciousness is all there is. We are all part of one big consciousness. We are cells in a huge body.
The body dies, you sleep for a while or maybe experience some other dimensions, then find yourself one horrible day getting born again. Starting the entire miserable process all over again.
Groundhog Day the movie is based on this Buddhist philosophy and it's an accurate depiction of how we keep coming back until we get it right.

Cancer cells die because they are faulty cells. If something is faulty it dies. If your life is faulty you die and come back over and over. Millions of times, endlessly, until one special lifetime when you don't care about possessions, where you live, if you suffer, you are completely indifferent to everything and finally, you are free.

When that happens you melt back into the big consciousness where all the unhealthy cells like your are now are died off. Pick up a pebble. It too has consciousness. It's in everything because it's the universal ingredient in everything. Without it nothing including that pebble exists. Physicists are coming around to realizing this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkover
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Parents got their freak on

Reactions: AshH
F

fuzzy-clown

Experienced
Nov 27, 2022
We'll find out in 5000 years if we don't destroy ourselves first. We'll have advanced enough science then.
Maybe in 50000 years the universal consciousness that exists by then has figured out time travel. After we die, they will pull our consciousness in, if they judge that we lived a good life by some unknown standard.

DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
I do not think that there is any meaning of life and the Universe. Everything is limited in time. Everything will die. However, we will never know why we and the Universe exist. We are like test animals in an experiment. Created by a creator or out of nothing?

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Multi universes, like a bunch of comic strips in a newspaper. All from one creative mind. That's all we are.

L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
If there is an actual reason for existence, the human definitely has no idea what it is.

L

letmejoindeath

Kill me
Oct 15, 2023
We just are. There is no inherent reason for our existence. Why does that rock in your backyard exist? Why does the sun exist? Why does the universe exist? It's the same question, with the same answer.

Your purpose, or humanity's purpose for that matter, does not and will never exist. We have no more purpose than a rock, a mountain, or anything else. A rock just is. It doesn't have a higher purpose.

But what about a meaning to your life? A meaning is at its core, simply an idea in your head. Outside of that mental space, it does not exist. One person's meaning in life might be entirely different from yours

everything that exist came into existence from nothing from simple beginning comes complex things if you prescribe to the idea that god created everything that doesn't explain what created god the obvious conclusion to be drawn is that something did come into existance from nothing which means there is no design, no purpose, no evil and no good, nothing but pointless indifference
The reason I exist is so other people can pat themselves on the back.

For every positive there is a negative. I have to live in constant agony so someone else can be happy.

G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
We might never know , that's pure evil.

K

k1w1

Experienced
Feb 16, 2022
Consciousness is all there is. We are all part of one big consciousness. We are cells in a huge body.
The body dies, you sleep for a while or maybe experience some other dimensions, then find yourself one horrible day getting born again. Starting the entire miserable process all over again.
Groundhog Day the movie is based on this Buddhist philosophy and it's an accurate depiction of how we keep coming back until we get it right.

Cancer cells die because they are faulty cells. If something is faulty it dies. If your life is faulty you die and come back over and over. Millions of times, endlessly, until one special lifetime when you don't care about possessions, where you live, if you suffer, you are completely indifferent to everything and finally, you are free.

When that happens you melt back into the big consciousness where all the unhealthy cells like your are now are died off. Pick up a pebble. It too has consciousness. It's in everything because it's the universal ingredient in everything. Without it nothing including that pebble exists. Physicists are coming around to realizing this.
At what level of awareness does the pebble exist? If it finds perfection as a pebble, does it then incarnate as a....rock, maybe if it was really good at being a pebble maybe an amoeba? Less religion this world needs. I've lived in a Buddhist country and it is just as flawed and riddled with issues as any other faith. When we let traditions & belief systems get in the way of facts we are in very deep water. With your beliefs, why the amount of posts & time spent here?

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
Shiva_Story

Shiva_Story

Student
Mar 12, 2023
we are all parts of one organism that is part of nature. Still, organic, animate and human form of one creature, shattered into many pieces.
While in nature everything is interconnected and serves a purpose. Man creates things to overcome limitations of spacetime, boredom or just for sake of appearances.
I think rn we are lost in our pocket universes and should work together 2 create meaning and emergent form.

D

Deleted member 65988

the world is fucked mate not as good as it seems
Totally FUCKED

Need to know where Physicists have gotten around to this honestly because it should be groundbreaking because it reorganizes our fundamental understanding of the universe and reality. So there's a chance I've already lived several million different lives in different dimensions but know nothing about it right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
U

umopep!sdn128

Oct 8, 2023
Indeed, this universe and everything that exists is completely absurd. It makes no sense why something came out of nothing in the first place? No explanation, divine or scientific, suits me, as it does not give the full picture. Among all this, human life with some of its aspirations is especially meaningless. But everything will end. The second law of thermodynamics and entropy, that's what makes sense. And suicide is an excellent solution, without waiting for natural death, to get out of this absurdity, to express one's disagreement with some "incredible value" of human life as such, because, as was rightly noted, we are no better or more special than a stone or a star or some kind of or other matter.

moondazed

moondazed

ex nihilo nihil fit
Oct 14, 2023
I'm a biologist, so I can give a scientific explaination.

Millions of years ago, some chemicals decided to get comfy with eachother, and while we don't know how exactly, DNA started to replicate itself. Then cells formed to keep that DNA safe from the violence of the physical non-living world. And eventually some fish decided to leave the ocean, and now we pay taxes, get abused, and suffer a lot of pain.

That's the generally accepted reason why we exist. Nothing more, nothing less. Evolution is not conscious, it just is and it just does.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
We will never know the answer to this question, and it's this question that results in conflict, violence, suffering, despair, and all sorts of other misery that will never be resolved.