Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
This is a bit of a silly thread, I'm from Europe but when I go to the states I've noticed that everything smells so nice there, since the airports with carpets, hardly seen here. Specially their clothes, I don't know what they use cause their clothes smell amazingly, I have relatives in NJ, that I visit sometimes , and even the houses smell so good. I call it oh it smells like America, I just got a package from America with some clothes on the package, the moment I opened the box, that "American smell" immediately cam out, I started to smell the clothes and was like hummm smells like America. So Americans, what type of products do you use on your houses, clothes and much more for everything to smell so good?

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: archipelago, lofticries, TheSoulless and 3 others
AtMostOkay

AtMostOkay

Screw your courage to the sticking place.
Jun 29, 2021
Tide laundry detergent and Downey fabric softener. Trust me on this xoxo

• Love
Reactions: archipelago, Kristicide and Sherri
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Tide laundry detergent and Downey fabric softener. Trust me on this xoxo
Can't get that here but do buy Irish spring soap on ebay 3 times more expensive than there, also love the floor cleaner Pine Sun. The original. Tide here doesn't smell like there. Ahhh I want my house to smell like yours. When I go there my suitcase goes empty and comes back full. Once a tide detergent leaked all over my clothes inside the suitcase. Still smelled nice after washing. Abercrombie and Fitch stores yum.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AtMostOkay
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
Because we're obsessed with consumerism and the corporations told us everything needs to be perfect and smell great or everyone will hate you, your house, your business, etc and you'll die.

The reason it smells artificially good is actually quite nefarious.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: lofticries, justsayin, Lucifer'sRight and 5 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Because we're obsessed with consumerism and the corporations told us everything needs to be perfect and smell great or everyone will hate you, your house, your business, etc and you'll die.

Ok, it's good to read your opinion. Our products here don't smell like anything.

Last edited:
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020

Idk what you're trying to say - would you rather be around people, houses, businesses, cars, public transport that stink?

@Sherri we smell good for two main reasons - Bath and Body and Victoria's Secret. I'm on a vanilla bean kick myself now. Lotion, spray, deodorant - I walk around smelling like a cupcake. Also, wash clothes with Tide, and Snuggle dryer sheets. At least no one is grossed out being close to me, in my house, or in my car.

• Love
Reactions: Sherri
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
Idk what you're trying to say - would you rather be around people, houses, businesses, cars, public transport that stink?
It's not about filth vs clean. Do you think Sherri is unclean? They're clean. They noted that the US has an overly apparent, not natural or subtle level of smells everywhere. You can't get that by sanitizing with simplistic ingredients.

The US overdoes everything, and it costs a shit ton. It's great for the bottom line and makes people neurotic. For example, French women are stunned by the amount of effort many American women put into their everyday look. It's because consumerism makes you feel like you need 8 million products just to be presentable and professional. People are drowning in this mentally in US. They have little satisfcation with what they have and a need to buy more. It's overly scented everywhere because we can't settle on just clean.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lofticries, PreussenBlueJay, KlMeNw and 1 other person
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
It's not about filth vs clean. Do you think Sherri is unclean? They're clean. They noted that the US has an overly apparent, not natural or subtle level of smells everywhere. You can't get that by sanitizing with simplistic ingredients.

The US overdoes everything, and it costs a shit ton. It's great for the bottom line and makes people neurotic. For example, French women are stunned by the amount of effort many American women put into their everyday look. It's because consumerism makes you feel like you need 8 million products just to be presentable and professional. People are drowning in this mentally in US. They have little satisfcation with what they have and a need to buy more. It's overly scented everywhere because we can't settle on just clean.
Thank you, I was just paying a compliment, just said that most Things smell good there, in general. I like it, if it's not natural I dunno. Not insulting by any way. I can always delete the thread if it upsets anyone.

Last edited:
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
Thank you, I was just paying a compliment.
I know haha. Your topic asked why and I went off, I'm sorry.

I'm actively fighting against this mentality because there are products better for the environment. I find the healthier products for you and the environment don't have that exaggerated scent.

• Hugs
Reactions: justsayin, PreussenBlueJay and Sherri
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I know haha. Your topic asked why and I went off, I'm sorry.

I'm actively fighting against this mentality because there are products better for the environment. I find the healthier products for you and the environment don't have that exaggerated scent.
Its ok to fight for the planet, didn't know those brands weren't good for the planet. So deleted the pics of those brands. Hugs

@Sherri we smell good for two main reasons - Bath and Body and Victoria's Secret. I'm on a vanilla bean kick myself now. Lotion, spray, deodorant - I walk around smelling like a cupcake. Also, wash clothes with Tide, and Snuggle dryer sheets. At least no one is grossed out being close to me, in my house, or in my car.
I am also a fan of VS. Good choice.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Foresight
Kristicide

Kristicide

I am a prisoner locked up behind xanax bars
Dec 16, 2021

This is the most spot on comment!

Reactions: Foresight
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020

Did you ever think that maybe people like to smell a certain way. I'm big on vanilla, peppermint, and apple. And your statement is kind of sexist - I put a lot of effort into how I look too - maybe not in makeup, but shaving, working out, tanning, clothes, etc.

Honestly, you haven't lived until you've used Bumble and Bumble shampoo and conditioner. But I guess there's something wrong with wanting soft, manageable hair too.

Don't judge Americans because we care about how we look and smell. I'm not judging you (although I probably would keep my distance :wink:)
Its ok to fight for the planet, didn't know those brands weren't good for the planet. So deleted the pics of those brands. Hugs

I am also a fan of VS. Good choice.
Is it wrong that as a guy, I can say some VS underwear are comfy af :)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: PreussenBlueJay and Sherri
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Did you ever think that maybe people like to smell a certain way. I'm big on vanilla, peppermint, and apple. And your statement is kind of sexist - I put a lot of effort into how I look too - maybe not in makeup, but shaving, working out, tanning, clothes, etc.

Honestly, you haven't lived until you've used Bumble and Bumble shampoo and conditioner. But I guess there's something wrong with wanting soft, manageable hair too.

Don't judge Americans because we care about how we look and smell. I'm not judging you (although I probably would keep my distance :wink:)

Is it wrong that as a guy, I can say some VS underwear are comfy af :)
No, not wrong at all, you have great taste :)

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
No, not wrong at all, you have great taste :)
Thanks. Also, in the US, it's near impossible to find briefs for men. Everything is boxers or boxer briefs. I don't understand boxers - they are the equivalent of wearing shorts under your pants. Boxer briefs are like cycling shorts - pointless unless you have chubby thighs that rub together. Makes sense though since most Americans are overweight or obese.

VS is also cheaper than most men's briefs too. You can get 7 pairs for $35 on sale most weeks.

Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
@threesummers Our world is dualistic, we presented an example from both sides of the coin. I'm not judging you as an individual either, just speaking on a larger theme at play. Nice to be able to share different opinions with people from a safe distance.

Reactions: Sherri and summers
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Thanks. Also, in the US, it's near impossible to find briefs for men. Everything is boxers or boxer briefs. I don't understand boxers - they are the equivalent of wearing shorts under your pants. Boxer briefs are like cycling shorts - pointless unless you have chubby thighs that rub together. Makes sense though since most Americans are overweight or obese.

VS is also cheaper than most men's briefs too. You can get 7 pairs for $35 on sale most weeks.
That is great only that amount, VS does have great sales. But rarer here in EU And way more expensive than the USA.

Last edited:
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
That is great only that amount, VS does have great sales. I can tell what type of underwear you like, it's very popular here in Europe for who doesn't wear boxers and briefs. Some men here prefer the speedo type of underwear.
I wear speedos at the beach. Again, in the US, guys all wear board shorts. But I would rather get a good tan. You can always tell the European tourists, because the men wear speedos too. Then again, most European men are much fitter than Americans. Also, not good to wear a speedo if you don't shave your legs. That just looks gross.

• Love
Reactions: omoidarui and Sherri
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I wear speedos at the beach. Again, in the US, guys all wear board shorts. But I would rather get a good tan. You can always tell the European tourists, because the men wear speedos too. Then again, most European men are much fitter than Americans. Also, not good to wear a speedo if you don't shave your legs. That just looks gross.
Oh totally agree with you. Yeah a hairy man with speedos, so 80s :) Speedos like are quite common in Italy, and Mediterranean countries like mine.

omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
thx for the pro tip
briefs-1fa72-3.png