N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think there are several reasons. But I am no expert. The vulnerability stress model. It is a long time ago I read about it. Here take it with a grain of salt.
Everyone has a limit concerning stress. We have predispositions for example due to our genes. Every human has resources to cope with stress. Though some have better skills than others. I was raised in a horrible way so I only tried to surpress my stress/suicidality which was very detrimental. There seems to be a threshold whem symptoms start to show. I think when a certain (stress) threshold is reached the person becomes ill.

I think it depends on the predisposition which illness will show. I am only a layman though. I envy people who are very resilient. My mind is so fragile,

So my answer to the question in the title is:
- predisposition
-learned patterns of behavior/ coping skills which give more resources to handle stress in a healthy way. For me for example writing in this forum is like a valve for me which calms me down
-probably personality traits but this is just a guess of mine

I am kind of very neurotic and in order to give fully up I am just too obsessed. There were times I could not do anything because I was in extreme pain. But I am always obsessed by something new. I ruminate, worry, be anxious without any limits. I don't really think this necessarily means to carry on. But some people are wired into a certain direction. People who are very determined, people with a strong will and the ability to deal with pain/setbacks. Though also these people can be broken. At least this is what I think.

I have the feeling some parents develop insane energy to care for their loved ones. Especially when I think about single moms with full-time jobs and two or three kids to feed. I have the feeling these people do not think much (how they feel for example) they rather just try to function. And that's it. Though of course not every parent is like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Venus13 and hungry_ghost
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I slept for 24 hours instead of making an important phonecall :/ couldn't face it at ALL

• Hugs
Reactions: Venus13
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
I think many people don't give themselves enough credit or have enough faith in themselves to be able to over-come certain things.

Many of us are stronger than we think.

But negative programming has a lot of us wired to catastrophize even the smallest grievances instead of just saying "Fuck it" and moving on.

I'm the type of person who will wish I was dead because I couldn't get a jelly jar open, lmao.

But at the same time, I feel like I could be strong enough to persevere through some heavy shit, though.

• Hugs
Reactions: Altvtysp and katagiri83