Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
I wouldn't. My life certainly isn't a gift; if it was, I'd have got a full refund by now. My life is a curse. That's why I'm planning my death for as soon as possible.

The gift of life is doomed to die

they never experienced true pain, fear, shock, they've never been abandoned, homeless, addicted, broke, or hungry. Life is a curse that you never asked for. I think it's unfair that literally anybody has the right to have a descendant. If you were born into a great life, it can be a gift. But if you weren't, well then you gotta suffer. Life is not a game you can delete and never install.

a simple reason called: being blissfully unaware.

They've been lucky enough to be blessed with a good life, good family, good health, well payed job and 8/10 things they do result in succes.

If your biggest struggles are what to wear, who to visit, what to do out of 15 choices; then you've no idea how hard life is. And so life is a gift to you.

But if you were born poor. Because of it you fell out of social interactions, because no one wants a broke friend or lover. If the poverty in your childhood home caused stress and anger with your parents. If you've only seen the underbelly of humanity, then there's not much "gift" to discuss. Because it's a curse.

And let's face it.

In modern society, happiness, luck, family, friendship, housing and employment ALL depend on your bank account. The higher the number, the better your life.

Not saying rich people don't have problems. But they face priviliged problems. Not life threathening ones on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.

Money decides luck and happiness because society is fkn expensive.

Reactions: myusername890, ijustwishtodie, MatrixPrisoner and 8 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Life is a gift......if you speak German.

• Yay!
Reactions: Riig, Rogue Proxy, Darkover and 3 others
just_a_guy

just_a_guy

thispersondoesnotexist
Oct 27, 2023
Life is a gift. No one said it's a gift you want, like when someone buys you socks or deodorant

• Yay!
Reactions: divinemistress36, MatrixPrisoner, Sprite_Geist and 10 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I wouldn't. My life certainly isn't a gift; if it was, I'd have got a full refund by now. My life is a curse. That's why I'm planning my death for as soon as possible.

they never experienced true pain, fear, shock, they've never been abandoned, homeless, addicted, broke, or hungry. Life is a curse that you never asked for. I think it's unfair that literally anybody has the right to have a descendant. If you were born into a great life, it can be a gift. But if you weren't, well then you gotta suffer. Life is not a game you can delete and never install.

They've been lucky enough to be blessed with a good life, good family, good health, well payed job and 8/10 things they do result in succes.

If your biggest struggles are what to wear, who to visit, what to do out of 15 choices; then you've no idea how hard life is. And so life is a gift to you.

But if you were born poor. Because of it you fell out of social interactions, because no one wants a broke friend or lover. If the poverty in your childhood home caused stress and anger with your parents. If you've only seen the underbelly of humanity, then there's not much "gift" to discuss. Because it's a curse.

And let's face it.

In modern society, happiness, luck, family, friendship, housing and employment ALL depend on your bank account. The higher the number, the better your life.

Not saying rich people don't have problems. But they face priviliged problems. Not life threathening ones on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.

I have no idea. Probably because they think life is "sacred" or something. My life isn't a gift, if it were a gift it would be one I never even wanted in the first place, and one I'd like to return to sender. My mom recently told me that "Life is a gift. You should be grateful to be alive." Honestly this seems like gaslighting, I see nothing good about being alive and if I had a choice I would've never been born. I'm not grateful for my existence. I hate this planet and everything about it. It's literally hell.

Last edited:
Reactions: myusername890, ijustwishtodie, MatrixPrisoner and 5 others
Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
why would you care what others think of life?

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
why would you care what others think of life?
because there's as much cultural nonsense surrounding the idea that life is a gift as any other uncomfortable topic that human's try to explain away in order to feel secure. After all, we came into this world without our consent and certainly weren't handed a road map. From the first traumatic push through the birth canal, we landed in a situation not of our choosing. I contend that everyone is suffering from some form of PTSD due to the birth process alone, but when you factor in the total randomness of the lottery of birth, the deck really is stacked against many of us.

Reactions: myusername890, MatrixPrisoner, doormat25 and 3 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think it's often a religious notion. Presumambly- it's a gift from someone- presumably God. I think in a lot of cases- people are raised to believe that and they either adopt or reject it as part of their own thinking.

I don't think it's necessarily that they have an easy life though. Some suicidal people fear actually taking their lives because they believe their lives are gifted by God.

Other presumably masochistic people seem to think challenges in life are also some kind of 'gift'. Some kind of lesson I suppose in humility. I worked with a lady once who said when she was young- she wanted to live a difficult life. She saw it as more religious! Pretty cunning really- to get people to embrace their suffering as all part of 'the bigger plan'. (Whatever that is...)

Other than that- yes- some people enjoy things enough in life to feel grateful to be here. So- they see the opportunity as a gift. Doesn't mean their whole life is great necessarily but- enough of it must be to make it redeemable.

Reactions: doormat25, sserafim, DeadlineDialer and 2 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Abuse and mental illness from childhood guaranteed that my life will never be a gift.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, doormat25, sserafim and 2 others
BlackMoon

BlackMoon

Peace-seeker
Oct 30, 2023
They think life is a gift, because life is a gift for them. That's the point.

It's the same with freedoms. Most people assume to live in liberty just because their freedoms are not under attack.

Reactions: doormat25, sserafim, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
ForeverLonely82

ForeverLonely82

Student
Dec 22, 2021
if that is the case I should have been aborted with a rusted coat hanger. that would be better than this trash of an existence.

• Hugs
Reactions: myusername890 and WAITING TO DIE
D

Deleted member 65988

Money does decide a lot of these things even if people aren't aware of it, how much you have depends where you stand in the social pecking order and how your life will be experienced in other ways as well.
Life is a gift. No one said it's a gift you want, like when someone buys you socks or deodorant
Fucking hell, what a way to put it.

Reactions: sserafim
WeDontKnowTheFuture

WeDontKnowTheFuture

Student
Feb 3, 2023
I think they see it as a gift because they see all the potential and good possibility that life brings and try to not not focus in all the suffering that life can cause. Maybe they enjoy comtemplate nature, feel the sunshine, laugh, listen to music,..
I can understand why they can see it like that but in other cases, it is mostly a curse. When you're not able to enjoy looking at animals, plants, eating good food, etc anymore because you can't find any meaning in your life and you lost interest in everything. This is a real nightmare.

• Love
Reactions: doormat25, sserafim and I Can't Say
P

princejohnny

Oct 31, 2023
"Don't drop the soap!" - Prison Mike

edit: added quotes for context

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: just_a_guy
𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

Deeming that I were better dead
Oct 28, 2023
It is in a way.
Not every1 wants it, not every1 knows how to make use out of it. We might not understand that because we consider our lives as misery but there are plenty of people out there who feel blessed just to be alive, to be able to wake up each day.

P

princejohnny

Oct 31, 2023
Can we stop with the rape jokes? It's not even relevant in context.
I was just quoting the episode of The Office where Prison Mike says that because of the profile pic. I can delete it if you want?

H

Hunter2005

Experienced
Apr 15, 2023
It really ain't, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy 🤣

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and sserafim
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
A gift is given to you from somebody else freely. We must pay to live, and if you have to pay for something - unwillingly - then it is likely not a gift. I can cancel a subscription service, but I cannot cancel my own life - at least not by choice

You have a good take. At least a pair of gifted socks can be given away to somebody else who actually wants, or needs them. A can of deodorant can be disposed of after it has been used up; nobody will scream at you, and call you "selfish" for throwing a can of Axe in the trash can.

Reactions: just_a_guy and sserafim
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
Money is an absurd concept. One can buy happiness with money. One can afford expensive hobbies with money. One can buy almost everything one want with money. One cannot live without money. Even Switzerland´s euthanasia is for the rich. The poor can neither afford to live nor die. Then only the rich should procreate and provide for their offspring through life.

Reactions: cumhacumha, WAITING TO DIE and sserafim
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Because they are severely deluded, it disturbs me when humans glorify and dismiss the reality that existence is nothing more than an endless and futile cycle of meaningless suffering that causes so much harm. We truly do exist in hell, it's such a curse to exist in this reality where chance so cruelly determines everything and where there's no limit as to how much one can be tormented in this existence, the only relief lies in the eternity of death.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, LetmeCTB566 and sserafim
Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
Life is intended to be a gift but it's difficult to see it that way if u are being abused, your needs go unmet, u aren't loved. Society will make it feel like a curse because of the selfishness of man. The original intent was for life to be pleasant and amazing.

IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023

And let's face it.

Never try to understand docile, naturally happy normies.

Reactions: Darkover
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Some gift...

Attachments

• mad-boo.gif
    mad-boo.gif
    340 KB · Views: 0
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
They think life is a gift because they had an okay life living for small things that sporadically happen. Not to mention that it would be bad for evolution if people didn't see life as a gift