• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

EricRoche

EricRoche

Apr 7, 2018
This was a response I received on Quora from some Chinese/British guy. His answer was the only one that stood out of the crowd. Most were at least understanding

Question: "I hate my looks and life, should I kill myself?"

Answer: "No, absolutely not. What a piss poor reason to end your life. How you will waste the efforts of those who made you articulate. Your family will be permanently damaged.

No man's an island. We are all surrounded by a web of friendships that you will devastate by committing such a cowawrdly and selfish act.

Call the Samaritans."

Then he proceeds with some B.S about "exercise, get in shape, be confident "and oh..."looks don't matter

Why do people give emotional responses like this? From looking at this guys profile it looks like he's a teacher. This was his most emotional answer. Just found it infurating wanting to punch and strangle anyone who says shit like this again. I also found it quite humorous how he thinks that "we are all surrounded by friendships". Is this guy retarded or something? Does he really believe that everyone in the world has people who care about them or is he just trying to set a massive guilt trip?

• Love
Reactions: Freyja13, Meretricious, depressedmaniac and 10 others
CatLover

CatLover

Jun 3, 2018
I have to wonder about somebody's motivation for spending their time searching out suicidal posts and feeling compelled to write BS like that on them. I mean, what are THEY getting out of it? Do they get to feel like a hero or something? Like they've 'saved' someone?
I think he must be a very superficial and un-empathatic person. Like you say, not everybody is surrounded by a 'web' of people who care about them. Some people have nobody. He obviously can't consider that possibility. He also has obviously not considered life itself very deeply and is falling back on the default that most people seem to have that 'life is a good thing'. Just knee jerk reactions, basically.

Reactions: Freyja13, depressedmaniac, Journeytoletgo and 8 others
D

Deleted member 847

Everyone is aware that life sucks. But indoctrination makes it difficult to admit it. It's like when you're born in a muslim or christian family and you're constantly told that God is a good guy. Then you read the old testament and try to justify the evil crap he does or just ignore it and still keep the idea that he's good no matter what because everyone else believes so. It's the same with life. They just can't tell you it's okay to kill yourself because it goes against the moral status quo and it would ruin their social reputation and make them look like bad people.

Reactions: Meretricious, Comatose11, dano6533 and 7 others
YaYaDr

YaYaDr

Student
Jun 26, 2018
Others have already hit the nail on the head. This guy's response is due to a lack of empathy and indoctrination. The sad thing is that he might be a teacher and so is probably passing on this dogma to his students. Gotta get em while they're young I suppose. :/

Reactions: Comatose11, dano6533, anna and 3 others
guessilldie

guessilldie

Jun 17, 2018
People with no experience of depression/ abuse / suicidal thoughts (etc), so "normal" people who thinks living at all cost is a good thing and cant imagine why would someone end his/her life won't understand. They will always be (I guess) affraid of suicidal people. They think life is always worth living. So this response from them is out of fear (of the unknown or of the others then them?) .
It's like for me I can't imagine why would someone want to suffer and "live" on this planet for 70-80.. years. We can't understand them, they can't understand us.
Guilt tripping a suicidal people works for most of the them and they won't commit suicide. A lot of people who considering suicide feels guilty already that they are just "whining, lazy etc". It won't help the actual victim, but at least the selfish family can rest easy.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, dano6533, ReleaseMe and 4 others
EricRoche

EricRoche

Apr 7, 2018
People with no experience of depression/ abuse / suicidal thoughts (etc), so "normal" people who thinks living at all cost is a good thing and cant imagine why would someone end his/her life won't understand. They will always be (I guess) affraid of suicidal people. They think life is always worth living. So this response from them is out of fear (of the unknown or of the others then them?) .
It's like for me I can't imagine why would someone want to suffer and "live" on this planet for 70-80.. years. We can't understand them, they can't understand us.
Guilt tripping a suicidal people works for most of the them and they won't commit suicide. A lot of people who considering suicide feels guilty already that they are just "whining, lazy etc". It won't help the actual victim, but at least the selfish family can rest easy.....

Honestly I've met people who have never experienced depression (rich girls mainly) and they are probably the most emapthetic.

I think what really drives people to say shit like the guy in the OP is if they've been fed "overcome your struggles" crap from their parents/strict school. It seems that if a well off person is given tough love in school/by parents or other authority figures during their adolescene, they become the least unempathetic people when it comes to suicide.

Reactions: dano6533, burrito, azeton and 1 other person
Nauseated

Nauseated

Insomnio
Jun 26, 2018
This was a response I received on Quora from some Chinese/British guy. His answer was the only one that stood out of the crowd. Most were at least understanding

Question: "I hate my looks and life, should I kill myself?"

Answer: "No, absolutely not. What a piss poor reason to end your life. How you will waste the efforts of those who made you articulate. Your family will be permanently damaged.

No man's an island. We are all surrounded by a web of friendships that you will devastate by committing such a cowawrdly and selfish act.

Call the Samaritans."

Then he proceeds with some B.S about "exercise, get in shape, be confident "and oh..."looks don't matter

Why do people give emotional responses like this? From looking at this guys profile it looks like he's a teacher. This was his most emotional answer. Just found it infurating wanting to punch and strangle anyone who says shit like this again. I also found it quite humorous how he thinks that "we are all surrounded by friendships". Is this guy retarded or something? Does he really believe that everyone in the world has people who care about them or is he just trying to set a massive guilt trip?
Many reasons from having no experience with mental illness or the same struggles your facing to being indoctrinated already to it being a completely emotional reaction because they have no idea what to tell you or it scares them or makes them think to deeply about their own existence.

Reactions: dano6533, burrito and LIFEFUCKINGSUCKS
Fylobatica

Fylobatica

Inactive
Apr 1, 2018
Because they're unsure of their own 'certainties'.

It's no news that even people who had it all in life -- popularity, friends, family, a supportive fanbase, money, the chance to travel all over the world -- are not immune to suicidal thoughts.

There isn't "an universally valid reason to live". It doesn't apply to everybody.

Reactions: dano6533, burrito, YaYaDr and 1 other person
guessilldie

guessilldie

Jun 17, 2018
Honestly I've met people who have never experienced depression (rich girls mainly) and they are probably the most emapthetic.

I think what really drives people to say shit like the guy in the OP is if they've been fed "overcome your struggles" crap from their parents/strict school. It seems that if a well off person is given tough love in school/by parents or other authority figures during their adolescene, they become the least unempathetic people when it comes to suicide.
I didn't want to generalize. I know that like 5-10 % of the non suicial people are actually care. But they are so hard to find, you have to be so "lucky" to know them. I only met 1 people like that so far. Other then that i agree.

Last edited:
Reactions: dano6533, Tiburcio and LIFEFUCKINGSUCKS
DeadMemories

DeadMemories

We are playing a game, and the game runs like this
Mar 27, 2018
What annoys me just as much is when people post a suicide hotline number and they pat themselves on their back. We all know that these numbers are available. These people might not know what it feels like to be ready to die.

Reactions: Meretricious, dano6533, Tiburcio and 1 other person