Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

šŸŽµ Be all, end all šŸŽµ
Apr 17, 2023
In the book of Job, God basically told Job "I am God. Who are you to question me?" He goes and gives Job new children, etc. How could the new children make up for the children Job had lost? God can't even do blessings properly. If there's a God, we won't get an explanation. We'll get a stuffed animal consolation prize.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: jar-baby and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Ha ha- yes- true. I'm not sure how God could justify some of the things that he/ she/ it has done- in a way that a moral mortal would understand anyhow. Kind of funny/ ironic when you think about it. So much emphasis is placed on morality in all these sacred rules we are supposed to abide by. Yet there are countless things in this world that were created with immorality embeded to the core. So- it seems our primary goal is to just resist all that and obey. In which case- we're slaves. Slaves don't get to question their masters- otherwise they get punished. I imagine even questioning God's will gets you sent to Hell. It's what happened to Lucifer after all. A simple disagreement! Yeah- I can't see how religious people think their 'performance review' with God is going to be a conversation where they will be able to ask questions or even defend themselves...

• Love
Reactions: Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

šŸŽµ Be all, end all šŸŽµ
Apr 17, 2023
Ha ha- yes- true. I'm not sure how God could justify some of the things that he/ she/ it has done- in a way that a moral mortal would understand anyhow. Kind of funny/ ironic when you think about it. So much emphasis is placed on morality in all these sacred rules we are supposed to abide by. Yet there are countless things in this world that were created with immorality embeded to the core. So- it seems our primary goal is to just resist all that and obey. In which case- we're slaves. Slaves don't get to question their masters- otherwise they get punished. I imagine even questioning God's will gets you sent to Hell. It's what happened to Lucifer after all. A simple disagreement! Yeah- I can't see how religious people think their 'performance review' with God is going to be a conversation where they will be able to ask questions or even defend themselves...
Christians misinterpreted the Old testament. Lucifer was made up in the King James bible. It's not a name. The Jews don't believe in the devil. Satan means accuser like a prosecutor. Satan in the book of Job isn't God's enemy. He works for God.

God is still bad for taking Satan's bet and causing unnecessary suffering for Job and then not answering his grievances.

Reactions: Forever Sleep
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I think the issue is that many people who believe in some form of a deity, mainly a religious deity, assume that he, she or "it" is benevolent in the first place. Judging from everything that has happened (or is happening) in the world we live in, it seems that if a deity exists they will be closer to someone or something like Molag Bal - a malevolent being, and not a supposedly compassionate character like Jesus of Nazareth.

Tyrants oppress and dominate. If you think that trying to please a tyrant will stop them from trampling over you, as they have with everybody else, then you are very wrong.

Reactions: jar-baby, BornHated and apple2myeye!
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
I don't believe in god so I wouldn't be asking a non-existent entity any question.

• Informative
Reactions: Ambivalent1
San_Miguel

San_Miguel

I Love You
Aug 19, 2023
In the book of Job, God basically told Job "I am God. Who are you to question me?" He goes and gives Job new children, etc. How could the new children make up for the children Job had lost? God can't even do blessings properly. If there's a God, we won't get an explanation. We'll get a stuffed animal consolation prize.
Hi Friend,

The fact that you have read book of Job shows at least that you have thought very deeply about the meaning of suffering. It's a fascinating part of the Bible that many "prosperity" Christians tend to overlook in favor of all the sunshine and flowers that give them the warm and fuzzy feelings about Jesus.

What I like about Job is that he remains faithful to God and trusts in His plan, even when all his friends are telling him he's being punished. It's easy for many of us to think, "God, why are you punishing me like this?" But the point is that most of the time, if not all the time, God doesn't punish us. The price of our sins has been paid already by Christ, the ultimate sacrifice for the forgiveness of all sin. The suffering we experience now is just part of a painting that we're too tiny to see. Our job is not to understand why we're subjected to suffering, but to embrace it and trust that God will make all things just in the end. For now, all we can do is love God and one another.

Remember that Christ died on the cross for our sake. Bring your suffering to Him and let him lift the burden of your pain off your heart. Share the dreadfulness of your life with Christ so that you can love and forgive more easily. I promise with Christ beside you, you will begin to see the beauty which God has planned for your life.

You are dearly loved, by God and by yours truly!

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
The beauty he has planned for my life..

My dad was "somebody 'in the Protestant church. A man of God.

It's a pity god didn't hear a little girl begging god to please help while she was being abused, for years, so severely that even today the now grown up woman has nightmares every night...is scared, insecure, angry....

Don't tell me God has a beautiful life planned for me.
If he exists he's a cruel son of a bitch.
Putting your child on a cross to pay for sins the people who his dad made.

If he had a pair of balls he would have gone and got himself crusified.

J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
Because it makes them feel betterā€” believing that their suffering has some kind of meaning. That it's instrumental. Plenty of people suffer for causes they believe to be worthy and if you can't find one in observable reality you can always look to religion.

I'd imagine that the pain experienced when losing a child far outweighs the happiness experienced when having a new child.