• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
This is something I'm curious about. Wouldn't texting loved ones cause a sense of panic and responsibility in the person you're texting? Especially if you're letting them know what your plans are? Why not just leave a note, or spend time/talk to the person a day or so before if you want to talk to them for the last time?

onbekend

onbekend

Experienced
Jan 14, 2024
Perhaps it's a desperate plea for help, Maybe it's just simply because they don't have anything else to write their final direct words.
I wouldn't see myself talking to anyone before I die, But if I wanted to I'd choose to write a note before I CTB.

Reactions: etherealspring and Beyond_Repair
B

bus catcher

Jul 22, 2024
yeah, this is why I plan to send a scheduled email instead. I want to give myself enough time to prepare my attempt without risking any interference.

Reactions: CosmicPaperCut, etherealspring and Beyond_Repair
Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
Perhaps it's a desperate plea for help, Maybe it's just simply because they don't have anything else to write their final direct words.
I wouldn't see myself talking to anyone before I die, But if I wanted to I'd choose to write a note before I CTB.
That makes sense. I wouldn't want to raise any alarms before it was done, but everyone's different

Reactions: etherealspring and onbekend
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I think it's a cry for help because they really don't want to die.

Reactions: Beyond_Repair
I

iamgoddamnlost

Jul 25, 2024
This is something I'm curious about. Wouldn't texting loved ones cause a sense of panic and responsibility in the person you're texting? Especially if you're letting them know what your plans are? Why not just leave a note, or spend time/talk to the person a day or so before if you want to talk to them for the last time?
In my case the person I talk to and love is long distance and my family doesn't know that person probably wouldn't know about my death otherwise.
But I would block them after text

• Love
Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
In my case the person I talk to and love is long distance and my family doesn't know that person probably wouldn't know about my death otherwise.
But I would block them after text
That makes sense. I figured maybe for some cases a note wouldn't work for whatever reason

Reactions: iamgoddamnlost
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
The innate human nature to feel connected, especially in times of vulnerability. People want to feel supported when going through something as terrifying as death, even if it's something as simple as a text. I think sometimes it's a cry for help, but sometimes it's just human nature.

• Love
Reactions: sorrowful, divinemistress36 and Beyond_Repair
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Student
Jun 2, 2024
I don't think it's so clear cut as, if someone texts someone before the deed is done, they don't really want to die. We are naturally social animals. Even people who are loners long for community of some kind, and therefore we see the rise of various sub cultures, like or dislike. Relationships are complex things, death even more so for some people. If you reach out, even if you don't say what what you're doing, or even if you do, it doesnt invalidate your pain or desire or bodily autonomy. Naturally, there's the danger of being interrupted and that's a general no no if you are certain of your choice. But there's always an exception to the rule. But I thinking throwing those people in a "you must want to die -this much- before its valid" — let's not do that.

sos

sos

Student
Jul 22, 2024
you have different ways of texting before ctb

"hey im gonna ctb"

or just have a conversation where you'd want that person to be the last one that you'd want to speak with

if we all had a decision, i'm sure most of us would want to die with their beloved ones besides them

but yeah, if we have to ctb ourselves instead of getting professional help w/ it, you're obviously not gonna invite your family and friends over to your partial hang-, sn-, or whatever else method party lmao.

that's a sad way to go, but sometimes we've got to take matters in our own hands

Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
you have different ways of texting before ctb

"hey im gonna ctb"

or just have a conversation where you'd want that person to be the last one that you'd want to speak with

if we all had a decision, i'm sure most of us would want to die with their beloved ones besides them

but yeah, if we have to ctb ourselves instead of getting professional help w/ it, you're obviously not gonna invite your family and friends over to your partial hang-, sn-, or whatever else method party lmao.

that's a sad way to go, but sometimes we've got to take matters in our own hands
That makes sense. I know for my family if I just randomly texted someone that I love them (for example) with no other context they would definitely think something was up lol. That's just how we are, but everyone's different

I would definitely attend an SN party, as morbid as that is lol

sos

sos

Student
Jul 22, 2024
That makes sense. I know for my family if I just randomly texted someone that I love them (for example) with no other context they would definitely think something was up lol. That's just how we are, but everyone's different

I would definitely attend an SN party, as morbid as that is lol
well if this forum would host a party, i'm sure it'd be sold out

it's a totally different case when you invite bus haters to the party

they'd probably host a demonstration outside of the building holding signs to make it clear that catching the bus ain't the way to go!!!1111

Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
well if this forum would host a party, i'm sure it'd be sold out

it's a totally different case when you invite bus haters to the party

they'd probably host a demonstration outside of the building holding signs to make it clear that catching the bus ain't the way to go!!!1111
True, it would also probably not help in pro-lifers thinking we're a suicide cult lol