miserableherself

miserableherself

so miserable
Sep 23, 2023
hi hi, this is my first post here and i have a sincere question that i've never been able to get a reliable answer for.
for those who plan to/have but survived/know someone who did: why is CTB by jumping so common and seemingly desirable, at least to many people on here?

to me, it sounds like maybe the worst way to go. you have to consider everything while falling, you may not succeed, if you don't succeed the pain is likely to be immense and probably debilitating, potentially many other people will witness it and most likely have some kind of trauma from finding a body/watching someone jump. there just seems to be no perks in my mind?
i understand it is pretty accessible to most people, so is it as simple as that? or is there more to it? something more profound maybe?

i'd love for someone to give me some insight into why it's so popular and why people want to do it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Sannti, The Burning Fool and AKAY87
Cryptonite

Cryptonite

In the state of shock of what happened
Apr 30, 2022
I love the method.

As is true for every method, if you follow the rules, it will be successful. Jumping probably involves very little pain, because you either die immediately or lose consciousness. Jumping at night will prevent people from witnessing it.

But what I like about it the most is how natural it seems. In my building, more people have jumped out recently, and if I jump too, I will feel like I am close to them.

Reactions: bridgegirl and Nefer
Upvote 0
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case the jumping method terrifies me, it's horrific the thought of a suicide attempt failing in general.
But I guess that many people choose that method as they have access to somewhere high enough and they either prefer that method or have lack of access to methods like reliable and peaceful poisons so they feel like they have no other option but to resort to that method.
I admire and envy those with the courage for this method as it sounds difficult to go through with because of the SI but I just think overall what method someone decides is because of their personal feelings and situation.

Upvote 0
Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
As my user name and title will tell you. I plan on jumping (soon). For me it just seems to be the most peaceful way. I planned to fall backwards while looking up at stars. I think I would feel free for the first time in my life for the few seconds fall. This has now changed as I have found a new location so it will be a bee line to it and go doesn't matter if it's day or night. Gun would be OK too. The other methods seem like too much preparation. I don't want to make this too long but if you want to discuss more about it you can post on this thread I will answer any specifics that I can.

Reactions: bridgegirl and annointed_towers
Upvote 0
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
There are several reasons as to why people prefer jumping over everything else. And actually, some people may not prefer jumping. Let alone prefer it over other methods they may not even like it but its their only choice because of lack of money.

Some people fantasize about ctb and the method they see themselves using is jumping. I personally can't understand why people are intrigued by this method but like I said before people have their own preferences.

Upvote 0
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Lack of available alternatives.

Last edited:
Reactions: annointed_towers, The Burning Fool, azuregem and 1 other person
Upvote 1
ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
to me, it sounds like maybe the worst way to go. you have to consider everything while falling, you may not succeed, if you don't succeed the pain is likely to be immense and probably debilitating, potentially many other people will witness it and most likely have some kind of trauma from finding a body/watching someone jump. there just seems to be no perks in my mind?
i understand it is pretty accessible to most people, so is it as simple as that? or is there more to it? something more profound maybe?
you don't have time to think it takes 2-3 to hit the ground from most successful heights. if you jump high enough you will most likely die or lose unconsciousness immediately. if you are jumping 150 ft on land and 250 ft on water jumping has one of the highest chances of succeeding. don't know the actual figure but believe it's 97%+. it may be kind of traumatic for people that see it if you jump from hundreds of feet. it's very popular because there's a lot of tall buildings where most people live and other ctb methods aren't as so yes accessible.

Reactions: dggtscccvfd
Upvote 0
miserableherself

miserableherself

so miserable
Sep 23, 2023
you don't have time to think it takes 2-3 to hit the ground from most successful heights. if you jump high enough you will most likely die or lose unconsciousness immediately. if you are jumping 150 ft on land and 250 ft on water jumping has one of the highest chances of succeeding. don't know the actual figure but believe it's 97%+. it may be kind of traumatic for people that see it if you jump from hundreds of feet. it's very popular because there's a lot of tall buildings where most people live and other ctb methods aren't as so yes accessible.

wow you know your stuff haha! but yea i suppose it's because what is often shown in the media is the people who probably haven't thought everything out as intensely as many of us do and likely didn't consider the height they're falling from and just kind of assumed "yea this looks high enough", and then end up in the news because they traumatised a bunch of people and left themselves severely injured yknow?
i probably would have been one of those people in regards to another form of ctb if it weren't for this site.
i suppose now it's fairly obvious to say the media has tainted my perception of jumping. every response, but especially yours, has been an interesting read!
(though i do take issue with 'kind of' traumatising haha)

Reactions: ipmanwc0
Upvote 0