F

Forever Dead

Student
Mar 5, 2022
Why do people hate the mentally ill ? Why do they fear us, demonize us, shut us out of their lives and social circles as though we have some kind of contagious disease like the plague. Why do families of the mentally ill do little to understand or help their own flesh and blood who are going through often unimaginable emotional pain and suffering ? And then there are the people who will be ok with you, until they find out that you have a mental health problem. These people will treat you like a leper and with suspicion when they find out that you are a looney or nutter, etc, or with whatever nasty and unfounded title they want to label you with. These people would certainly treat you differently if you had a broken leg for example, so why do they not understand, or express compassion for the poor souls who are in emotional turmoil ? And trying to explain what it is like to feel suicidal to the " normal " people of this world is like trying to read a storybook to a tree, they just dont hear you. We are the invisible people with an invisible illness. Nobody sees us or hears us. I honestly think that we are the sane ones because we can see the true reality of this dreadful world.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sprite_Geist, Dr.Precocious and Depressed Cat
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Most of them mostly see us as lazy and drama queens who just want to live on gov payouts, I never asked nothing from the gov, I believe we see life with a better capability and more sensitivity as them. I don't mean to glory us and say we are better. But they have no idea how to live like we do, some in constant pain and horrible mental conditions . They just carry on like we don't exist, we are the weak ones to them, barely they know that it takes a lot of strength to wake up everyday in the worst state some of the members wake up, powerless, no willing to carry on but still try and fight against their odds. And one last thing, normies as we call them have children, I don't wish no harm to those poor little souls, but I hope they never have to experience what we had and have experienced everything for years . A big hug sweetie.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Depressed Cat, Lost Magic, Forever Dead and 1 other person
F

Forever Dead

Student
Mar 5, 2022
Most of them mostly see us as lazy and drama queens who just want to live on gov payouts, I never asked nothing from the gov, I believe we see life with a better capability and more sensitivity as them. I don't mean to glory us and say we are better. But they have no idea how to live like we do, some in constant pain and horrible mental conditions . They just carry on like we don't exist, we are the weak ones to them, barely they know that it takes a lot of strength to wake up everyday in the worst state some of the members wake up, powerless, no willing to carry on but still try and fight against their odds. And one last thing, normies as we call them have children, I don't wish no harm to those poor little souls, but I hope they never have to experience what we had and have experienced everything for years . A big hug sweetie.
Thank you. This is so true. They have no idea how much strength it takes just to get through the day when you are going through the emotional hell of mental illness. I wonder how they would react if they had to live in our heads for just one day. I know for sure they would be deeply shocked at the amount of inner turmoil that we have to endure on a daily basis, often for many, months or years at a time, and often for life. Like so many of the beautiful souls on this forum who struggle against insurmountable odds, day in, day out yet very few understand them. And not bringing children into this horrid world is one of the best decisions I have ever made. It makes me so sad to see these tiny little children who have no idea what this sick, twisted world is all about, and what is in store for them. Its awful. Big hugs.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dr.Precocious and Depressed Cat
O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
I think it's a self-preservation left-over in the reptile part of our brains over fears of contagion.

• Hugs
Reactions: Depressed Cat and Forever Dead
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Other people simply do not understand, they cannot comprehend what others go through as they have not suffered in a similar way. The suffering that someone is going through is invisible to them. I believe the reason as to why others do not try to help is because of selfishness, many people only care about what directly affects themselves.

• Hugs
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, DontplayGod, Depressed Cat and 1 other person
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Because if people aren't slaves to the system then they no longer qualify as being worthy of respect. That is how they see it. Money is their god and they don't want to share. They love their workers so much that they don't want to give them fair pay and other secure benefits. You can thank Neo Liberalism for making us more divided.

Neo

• Hugs
Reactions: Sprite_Geist, Depressed Cat and Forever Dead
F

Forever Dead

Student
Mar 5, 2022
Other people simply do not understand, they cannot comprehend what others go through as they have not suffered in a similar way. The suffering that someone is going through is invisible to them. I believe the reason as to why others do not try to help is because of selfishness, many people only care about what directly affects themselves.
Exactly: Too many people today are completely unsympathetic to the suffering of others, whether that suffering be either physical or emotional in nature. Yet those of us who are having to endure the horrors of mental illness are always ignored the most. Selfishness is at the main root of this problem along with indifference. I find the lovely people on this forum have far more compassion and understanding than any of the so-called " normal " people will ever have. And its not just because people on this forum understand mental illness, its also because they genuinely care, which means everything to someone who is suffering from what I call " the invisible disease ". Hugs.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost Magic, OldDrummer and Depressed Cat
O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
I'm Irish, and in old Pagan pre-Christian Celtic tradition, the 'mad' were typically held in high-regard as the seers of things and as general prophets, tuned into a higher reality.

Reactions: Forever Dead