Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
Caring doesn't change anything. It's like everyone thinks they're some kind of important hero with influence. It's silly. The Ukraine war could last 100 hundred years for all i care.

Reactions: gottablast888
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
They think you must think you're above such mundane quotidian concerns and therefore above them.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
They think you must think you're above such mundane quotidian concerns and therefore above them.

In OP's case, they aren't wrong. :ahhha:

Reactions: Ashu
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
People like to see other people "pretend" to care

Children are starved to death in Africa. Do people care? Unlikely. They won't say it out loud

Reactions: Weebster, onlyanimalsaregood and Ringo
Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
I relate it to that desire to want to show yourself morally superior, slacktivism abounds precisely because it makes you feel and look good despite the fact that you do not help at all or even just make the situation worse, those who have that vision of activism are the only ones who could lecture you for that, atrocities happen all over the world every second and it is not worth exhausting yourself physically and mentally based on indignation for things that you cannot change, especially when there are also many problems in the place where you live, it is a defense mechanism that we all use unconsciously to a lesser or greater extent.

You have to act with your brain and not with your heart in these cases, if you can help, do it no matter how small the contribution, but in a substantial, it's not worth making noise and then leaving, often making the problem worse just because you wanted to pat yourself on the back, does anyone remember the cases of Kony, bring back our girls or the suicide of Rina Palenkova?

Reactions: Weebster
Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
My concerns are with my own problems. They take up all my focus and energy.

Reactions: Ashu