tommyhalpinkelly

tommyhalpinkelly

Nov 21, 2018
Not trying to insinuate that people are "weak" (which is another insult lol) but when it comes in particular to pejoratives like the ones we hear about suicide like "weak", "cowardly", "selfish", why do people respond to them?

It's funny because society says you shouldn't care what others think. So be who you want to be right? As long as you don't commit crime, what's the problem? Even if someone think's your lazy, spoiled, entitled, why respond to the insult? It is an insult after all.

Reactions: Trashcan, lv-gras and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Dor

Dor

SS village idiot
Nov 22, 2018
I don't get insulted because I do consider myself weak. I also agree it's selfish and the easy way out. However I do not agree it is cowardly, If you are brave enough to realize you don't deserve to live and do something about it's far from cowardly.

Reactions: Trashcan, lv-gras, BurningLights and 1 other person
tommyhalpinkelly

tommyhalpinkelly

Nov 21, 2018
I don't get insulted because I do consider myself weak. I also agree it's selfish and the easy way out. However I do not agree it is cowardly, If you are brave enough to realize you don't deserve to live and do something about it's far from cowardly.

Why is an "easy way out" so bad though? That seems to be agreeing to be guilt-tripped by society. It's easier but I don't view that with the negative connotation that people would have us believe.

Reactions: Trashcan and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
BurningLights

BurningLights

He killed himself with his own mind
Jul 2, 2018
I do not agree it is cowardly, If you are brave enough to realize you don't deserve to live and do something about it's far from cowardly.
Totally agree! After the mess of my attempt, I can see now the efforts put forth by those that choose to ctb. It is THE biggest choice you make in your life, and if you go against the grain and decide to end your life. Then I tip my hat to you and shake your hand.

As for insults, I've wondered this, there are certain words and terms that many would be offended at, and get irate, but to me, they are just words, youre just describing something. Now don't get me wrong, certain words hurt, just not all. Its how we interpret those words.

Reactions: worldexploder, Trashcan, lv-gras and 1 other person