Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

Why the long face? Cause I don’t wanna live here.
May 19, 2020
I don't wear a mask in public and I honestly don't care how many people die from the virus. I suspect people wear the mask to virtue signal.

• Hmph!
  • Love
Reactions: FusRohDracarys, zeroambition, Skathon and 3 others
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
My interpretation is that most people wear a mask to protect themselves from getting the virus.

Reactions: RileyTanaka, Skathon and strand
any%

any%

Student
May 2, 2019
Such an edgy troll. Better luck next time :)

• Wow
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, faraway_beach and DyslexicForeigner
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
masks are to protect others from you, not you from others.

They are mandatory in some countries, advised in others,
They are not a fashion statement unless you go for this look, by which point you are just a twat
NINTCHDBPICT000574866764

• Wow
Reactions: madbananas, Lefty, cosmonaut and 2 others
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
It's not necessary to wear a mask, anyway. With a selfish personality like yours who is not at all considerate with getting others ill, social distancing isn't a problem for you -- terrible troll.

Reactions: zeroambition, RileyTanaka, faraway_beach and 3 others
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
Such an edgy troll. Better luck next time :)
Wasn't trolling. Seethe more.

It's not necessary to wear a mask, anyway. With a selfish personality like yours who is not at all considerate with getting others ill, social distancing isn't a problem for you -- terrible troll.
Keep virtue signaling. I'm sure someone out there will pat you on the back and tell you what a great person you are.

Last edited:
Reactions: TriangleSquare and FusRohDracarys
terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
altruism its how many people act nothing weird about it

• Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and Fragile
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Wearing a mask is one of those rare deals where the signal *is* the virtue. Well nigh irresistible.

• Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Epsilon0 and faraway_beach
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
Keep virtue signaling. I'm sure someone out there will pat you on the back and tell you what a great person you are.
Science is virtue signaling. Got it. Continue treading with your 'cynic-signaling'. Basic biochemistry will flat out tell you that you're wrong.

You're dense.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and Fragile
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
Science is virtue signaling. Got it. Continue treading with your 'cynic-signaling'. Basic biochemistry will flat out tell you that you're wrong.

You're dense.
Appealing to science? Lol science doesn't even support you on this. The fabric masks don't do anything. The N95 masks may help somewhat.

At the start of the pandemic, the CDC and Fauci said not to wear masks. Then they flip flopped and said everyone should wear them. They're incompetent.

Reactions: TriangleSquare and FusRohDracarys
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
Appealing to science? Lol science doesn't even support you on this. The fabric masks don't do anything. The N95 masks may help somewhat.

At the start of the pandemic, the CDC and Fauci said not to wear masks. Then they flip flopped and said everyone should wear them. They're incompetent.
If you choose to believe that a mask won't stop someone from coughing or getting their snot onto someone else after they sneeze, you can keep telling others that anyone (yes -- anyone) wearing a mask is virtue signaling. You must've never step foot into an east asian country (for example Japan or Korea) and witness the use of surgical masks. Are these normal day-to-day civilians virtue signaling the left? No. The purpose of these masks are to protect others from the potential carrier. We've known this for decades.

Nothing is going to change your opinion on this because you've drawn this pre-conclusion that anyone wearing mask is automatically a liberal. Yet if you looked at all my criticism of the DNC, you'd see the total opposite in my party affiliation.

I am also aware of the numerous comments that public health officials have made, even Fauci in the 60 Minute interview you referenced, and thought what mostly every American thought too -- that COVID-19 was just like the flu.

In case I'm still "virtue signaling", here's a comment from the FDA's site when comparing N95 Respierators and Surgical Masks (face masks). There is a comment that says it does not protect you from small particles, yet it says nothing that says wearing a facemask is counterproductive.

[1] https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices...n95-respirators-and-surgical-masks-face-masks

Face with rolling eyes 1f644

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Yomyom, Fragile and 1 other person
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
OP, why are you here? Why are you on SS? What are you hoping to gain here?

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Fragile and zeroambition
P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
Dude did you get your username from a hashtag ?

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and HelensNepenthe
any%

any%

Student
May 2, 2019
Just let this thread die, dont feed this pathetic troll. This is the end. Thanks & bye!

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Don't go outside, don't even need a mask. Probably would wear one though, it's not much effort and I feel like an asshole spreading a disease when all I have to do to stop it is breathe through some flat thing.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
F

FusRohDracarys

But what do I know
Mar 31, 2020
I doubt it's virtue signaling as much as the masses are submissive in the face of fear.

Reactions: Skathon and Close_to_freedom
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
This is the end. Thanks & bye!

Bye. Safe travels to Hades.
I doubt it's virtue signaling as much as the masses are submissive in the face of fear.
It's a psychological experiment. The masses lack critical thinking and eat up whatever the media tells them.

Reactions: FusRohDracarys
any%

any%

Student
May 2, 2019
We had lots of posts like these back in march and april. Stupid people will frequently post stupid non-sense while feeling superior, because they think they all got it figured out, because the whole world revolves around them. Get some basic education in biology. It is a virus, not a super hard biological concept to grasp. But all the true sheep see some deeper conpiracy behind it to "steer" the masses and mislead them. That thinking implicates a whole other level of ego. Now, if I only could get my hands on a map for the greek underworld I`d be fine.

• Love
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
We had lots of posts like these back in march and april. Stupid people will frequently post stupid non-sense while feeling superior, because they think they all got it figured out, because the whole world revolves around them. Get some basic education in biology. It is a virus, not a super hard biological concept to grasp. But all the true sheep see some deeper conpiracy behind it to "steer" the masses and mislead them. That thinking implicates a whole other level of ego. Now, if I only could get my hands on a map for the greek underworld I`d be fine.
I'm not saying the virus is a conspiracy. I'm saying it's overhyped. People die all the time. 40k a year die in driving accidents alone and no one does a thing. This comparison works because everyone's driving affects other drivers just as one person can spread a virus to another.

taylor321

taylor321

Mar 1, 2020
I don't wear a mask in public and I honestly don't care how many people die from the virus. I suspect people wear the mask to virtue signal.
That first sentence honestly sounds so much like Zim LMAO

Reactions: Close_to_freedom
N

namelessX8

Student
Feb 22, 2019

1) People do not care about strangers.

2) If you do not exhibit any symptoms then there is no need to wear a mask in public (unless the government authorities where you are have mandated otherwise). Furthermore, wearing a mask in public even if you are feeling great and not ill does not guarantee that you will not catch this virus.

3) If you are ill I wouldn't bother leaving the house.

You worry too much about masks... :hihi:

Reactions: Close_to_freedom and Skathon
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
That first sentence honestly sounds so much like Zim LMAO
I miss that show so much. Remember the episode where he could see germs? Lol
1) People do not care about strangers.

2) If you do not exhibit any symptoms then there is no need to wear a mask in public (unless the government authorities where you are have mandated otherwise). Furthermore, wearing a mask in public even if you are feeling great and not ill does not guarantee that you will not catch this virus.

3) If you are ill I wouldn't bother leaving the house.

You worry too much about masks... :hihi:
A voice of reason finally points out the lie that people care about strangers.

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
A voice of reason finally points out the lie that people care about strangers.

just because you are a jaded cynical person that don't care about others doesn't mean that everyone is the same, you are just projecting.

some people genuinely care about strangers and do stuff like wearing masks for selfless reasons. sure, most do it because they want to protect themselves, but that doesn't mean that the small minority of altruistic people is not real.

• Love