Uninfluential_Karma

Uninfluential_Karma

Rat Cult Leader
Aug 5, 2024
I hate how when I tell the people closest to me that I don't want to live they automatically blame themselves. It's always the people who have done the best for me too. I get that there are things they could do, but ultimately CTBing is my choice. My mother and my best friend do this the most whenever I express how I feel. Are they stupid? Are they just trying to take the blame away from me so they can control the situation? In a strange way, I want to have the most credit for fucking myself up. I could've done so much better but I just don't.

Another thing that really sucks is that they tell me how much it would hurt them if I died. I believe that but they don't try to help me much either when I try to give them suggestions on how to help. I think that's why they blame themselves maybe. I just get told that if I die, they'll blame themselves forever and never recover. I get it must be hard, but it's also hard for me to live. Put very bluntly and selfishly, I just don't want to think about how they feel. I've stopped caring about basically everything I should but it's not like I chose this. I tell them this in the softest way I know how, but they still keep saying things about it anyway. My father had possibly a worse reaction a few years back, he started out as the same but then basically told me to kms. I don't know what I want, but I hate both of these reactions. Maybe it would be best if they supported me neutrally, trying to comfort me and not telling me what I should or shouldn't do. I don't know.

Kind of unrelated, but does anyone know what the rules to reporting suicidal ideation is? I want to tell my therapist about my last attempts, but I don't know if she'd force me to a mental hospital. It was a traumatizing experience to try to die, and I want to talk through it, but I don't know if it's too soon where I could get locked up. If it helps any, I still want to CTB, but I'm not in an active state anymore and it might take awhile for me to purposely try to kill my self.

Reactions: null_blank
null_blank

null_blank

just passing through
Aug 14, 2024
I think that if you're not actively planning nor have the immediate means, your professional is not supposed to do anything. Besides, what a feather in the cap to talk somebody down from being even halfway close to contemplating?? Makes them feel good.

My dsm doesn't give guidelines for reporting but I could see it probably depending on local/national board practices. (It might also not be the right resource for that info though.)

• Love
Reactions: Uninfluential_Karma