FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
To me anything anti-suicide is just so incredibly cruel and insensitive. Pro-suffering people need to realise that just because they see death as the worst thing ever doesn't mean that other people should have to continue existing. And I just hate how pro-life people cannot accept that other people just aren't them.

But anyway suicide is a personal decision rather than a privilege reserved for people who meet a certain suffering criteria, as after all nobody constented to this existence in the first place. I just don't understand why people should have to delay their inevitable fate if they don't want to, as after all existing is very meaningless and just leads to death anyway. We are all going to die so it makes little sense to want to deny other people that option, I don't get how death is supposedly bad as after all one cannot suffer from not existing.

Just the fact that there is unlimited potential to suffer endlessly in this futile existence is enough to make wanting death seem very rational to me, I see existing as a human being to be something so burdensome, I hate how we were so unfairly forced here yet we have to struggle so much to die. If one wants to cease existing they should be able to do so in peace in a guaranteed way, and it's not other people's decision to make. It disgusts me how this society is so anti-suicide even know the reality is that nobody is obligated to continue existing.

Reactions: GoatedS, ijustwishtodie, Kalista and 14 others
underscore_nine

underscore_nine

the sweet release
Feb 17, 2023
To me anything anti-suicide is just so incredibly cruel and insensitive. Pro-suffering people need to realise that just because they see death as the worst thing ever doesn't mean that other people should have to continue existing. And I just hate how pro-life people cannot accept that other people just aren't them.

But anyway suicide is a personal decision rather than a privilege reserved for people who meet a certain suffering criteria, as after all nobody constented to this existence in the first place. I just don't understand why people should have to delay their inevitable fate if they don't want to, as after all existing is very meaningless and just leads to death anyway. We are all going to die so it makes little sense to want to deny other people that option, I don't get how death is supposedly bad as after all one cannot suffer from not existing.

Just the fact that there is unlimited potential to suffer endlessly in this futile existence is enough to make wanting death seem very rational to me, I see existing as a human being to be something so burdensome, I hate how we were so unfairly forced here yet we have to struggle so much to die. If one wants to cease existing they should be able to do so in peace in a guaranteed way, and it's not other people's decision to make. It disgusts me how this society is so anti-suicide even know the reality is that nobody is obligated to continue existing.
they believe it's their right to force us to live because they think forcing us to live to somehow "make things better", as if we're sick for wanting to leave this cruel world. It's our right to leave if we wish. Forcing someone to suffer like this is torture. I hope someday society realizes the damage it inflicts on the suicidal.

Reactions: jbear824, ijustwishtodie, DEATH IS FREEDOM and 8 others
AtomicWaffles

AtomicWaffles

hxppy thxughts
Dec 15, 2023
Yea and it's ridiculous, to start most of them don't even know the suffering, most of them have never had these thoughts and yet are so anti-choice and telling others who DO have these thoughts "no, you're wrong you need help" knowing damn well they have no idea what the real situation is.

This world is cruel and we are forced to be here as people just tell us we aren't allowed to leave, and people won't sympathize with you unless like you said, you meet a suffering criteria, this should be a choice not a privilege but yet they will never understand.

And people who say they understand or better yet they HAVE had these thoughts have gotten this idea in their head life has some sort of value knowing damn well we are all going to die anyways so why keep us locked in to suffer? Life is a meaningless ticking time bomb to death but all the sudden CTB is where the line is crossed? It doesn't make sense and it just puts all of us in years and years if suffering all just to die anyways. I am in so much pain and I don't need a fucking psychiatrist to tell me that I need to wait 60 more years THEN I can die. Truly awful.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988, myusername890, TheDog_ and 4 others
VidFlumina

VidFlumina

Mind shattered beyond repair
Dec 14, 2023
I think many people who are anti-suicide wanted to ctb in the past, but for some reason like psychiatrist's intervention or just change of situation made them change their mind and now they think that every single suicidal person should be prevented ctb because they would regret it, that they just need to "reach for help" and everything will be amazing. I think it's ridiculous for them to think that what happened to them will 100% apply to everyone. Because of prolifer talk I "reached for help", took antidepressants and it's been four years since stopping taking them and I am still emotionally numb (pills made it worse and it's one of many reasons for me ctbing).

• Hugs
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering, Deleted member 65988, TheDog_ and 4 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think it's simply that they still see the potential of happiness/ fulfilment/ contentment in life. They have likely experienced some remission in ideation. Some sort of hope in life maybe. I think you have to consider that plenty of people aren't actually fully comfortable with feeling suicidal. Some people do actually want to fight their ideation.

The experience can be so powerful that they want others to experience it too. Especially if they are compassionate, empathetic people. They have experienced some kind of joy in life again and- if that has happened after a particularly low period- they may feel that anyone is capable of it.

I'd say in the majority of cases- it is actually done with the best of intentions. I doubt they are saying all this stuff with the goal of denying someone choice. I'd say they more likely genuinely want them to feel happier- as they do. That isn't to say they're right of course- it's just trying to give a possible explanation as to why they may say stuff like that. Plus- I expect in part- they are reassuring themselves with it- 'This thing that I thought was utterly devastating, I have pulled through'- type of thing.

I doubt you're going to relate to this given how you've described your perception of life from early childhood. I get the impression you've always hated life and you've always seen that perception as the most accurate one... Fair enough... For others though- ideation can develop in response to a particular event. They may have been happy before that. (You may think they were deluded at that time but maybe they don't. Maybe they prefered their life when they were happier.) So- for them- if they feel as if their life will never be the same, they'll never get over whatever it is that has happened- who knows? 'Recovery' or 'survival' stories may give them hope. Depends on the person and their overall view of life. Not everyone would choose death over every other option.

The other thing that I expect annoys you is- why are these sorts of posts in the 'suicide section' rather than 'recovery' section. I expect it's because people who have been suicidal but have had some sort of transformative event likely feel like they want to save others and that they can. Not everyone in the suicide section is 100% sure they will kill themselves. So- maybe they're right. I'd say most people will just ignore what they don't feel applies to them.

I'd say these people's goals aren't to perpetuate suffering. They likely do actually hope for the best for people. It gets difficult though when you start to wonder just how likely that is. But- that's for each of us to decide for ourselves. We all have varying levels of hope.

Plus- these are just words from random internet strangers at the end of the day. Just because someone can 'see' other potential future's for another member. Even if they hope the member will choose to live to see those futures- it doesn't mean that ultimately- they would stop them making their own choice to CTB. I'd say most people here are in fact pro-choice. It's just that some are pro-choice with a pro-life bias and some are pro-choice with a promortalist bias and these two factions keep clashing!

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 65988, Orange Cat and Ash’Girl
BarnabasCollins

BarnabasCollins

Nov 16, 2023
I think it's simply that they still see the potential of happiness/ fulfilment/ contentment in life. They have likely experienced some remission in ideation. Some sort of hope in life maybe. I think you have to consider that plenty of people aren't actually fully comfortable with feeling suicidal. Some people do actually want to fight their ideation.

The experience can be so powerful that they want others to experience it too. Especially if they are compassionate, empathetic people. They have experienced some kind of joy in life again and- if that has happened after a particularly low period- they may feel that anyone is capable of it.

I'd say in the majority of cases- it is actually done with the best of intentions. I doubt they are saying all this stuff with the goal of denying someone choice. I'd say they more likely genuinely want them to feel happier- as they do. That isn't to say they're right of course- it's just trying to give a possible explanation as to why they may say stuff like that. Plus- I expect in part- they are reassuring themselves with it- 'This thing that I thought was utterly devastating, I have pulled through'- type of thing.

I doubt you're going to relate to this given how you've described your perception of life from early childhood. I get the impression you've always hated life and you've always seen that perception as the most accurate one... Fair enough... For others though- ideation can develop in response to a particular event. They may have been happy before that. (You may think they were deluded at that time but maybe they don't. Maybe they prefered their life when they were happier.) So- for them- if they feel as if their life will never be the same, they'll never get over whatever it is that has happened- who knows? 'Recovery' or 'survival' stories may give them hope. Depends on the person and their overall view of life. Not everyone would choose death over every other option.

The other thing that I expect annoys you is- why are these sorts of posts in the 'suicide section' rather than 'recovery' section. I expect it's because people who have been suicidal but have had some sort of transformative event likely feel like they want to save others and that they can. Not everyone in the suicide section is 100% sure they will kill themselves. So- maybe they're right. I'd say most people will just ignore what they don't feel applies to them.

I'd say these people's goals aren't to perpetuate suffering. They likely do actually hope for the best for people. It gets difficult though when you start to wonder just how likely that is. But- that's for each of us to decide for ourselves. We all have varying levels of hope.

Plus- these are just words from random internet strangers at the end of the day. Just because someone can 'see' other potential future's for another member. Even if they hope the member will choose to live to see those futures- it doesn't mean that ultimately- they would stop them making their own choice to CTB. I'd say most people here are in fact pro-choice. It's just that some are pro-choice with a pro-life bias and some are pro-choice with a promortalist bias and these two factions keep clashing!
I think it's a combination of this and some people's control issues.

Either way, it's wrong.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988, NoOneLovesMiMi, pthnrdnojvsc and 3 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think it's a combination of this and some people's control issues.

Either way, it's wrong.

I think it can be if they go on and on. If it's more passive though- the whole- 'sharing my surival story' type deal- I think that can be easily ignored if someone wants to. Personally, I'd say it's more 'misguided' in some cases rather than 'wrong'. Some people respond well to all that stuff. Like I said- I think it depends on someone's overall feelings about life. So long as it isn't forced on people, I wouldn't personally say it was 'wrong'.

K

kvsvenky100

Student
Dec 7, 2023
Absolutely, I think they are severely retarded to worship this shitty world.

Reactions: NoOneLovesMiMi, pthnrdnojvsc, JOkE2109 and 1 other person
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Because they don't believe suicidal people are capable of rational agency.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988 and NoOneLovesMiMi
NoOneLovesMiMi

NoOneLovesMiMi

Just Me
May 27, 2023

I try to be empathetic about it.
People are unintentionally kind when it comes to someone wanting to take their lives.
Especially if they have overcome circumstances that they believe to be difficult.
They can't understand really wanting to be done because they connect that to giving up or religion or just a helplessness of being able to help you.
But it is infuriating and more so when you see the resources that could provide a peaceful passing.
I just have to remind myself not to speak to those who don't get it.
Or just understand that they are conditioned to believe things get better until it actually affects them personally.

D

Deleted member 65988

Because they don't believe suicidal people are capable of rational agency.
This right here is a primary reason. Now because they think suicidal people are incapable of rational agency, that gives them the right to assume the position on behalf of the suicidal person for their own "good"

Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering
notherenotnow

notherenotnow

Oct 7, 2023
There's no real logic behind these people. They think that just because they have a good enough life then everybody else has a just as good life.

S

sjoper1980

Dec 13, 2023
Most people are too selfish to look beyond their own comforts and see the suffering of others

Reactions: DEATH IS FREEDOM
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
They think suicidal people are too irrational to make decisions such as killing oneself hence they gotta intervene for them. The logic is stupid

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
A

aGoodDayToDie

Arcanist
Jun 30, 2023
Fuck Pro lifers. I hope every one suffers terribly. They need a fucking taste if true long term suffering

• Love
Reactions: AtomicWaffles
CheekyPhobia

CheekyPhobia

Reasonless, well it stands to reason...
Aug 1, 2022
Yea and it's ridiculous, to start most of them don't even know the suffering, most of them have never had these thoughts and yet are so anti-choice and telling others who DO have these thoughts "no, you're wrong you need help" knowing damn well they have no idea what the real situation is.

This world is cruel and we are forced to be here as people just tell us we aren't allowed to leave, and people won't sympathize with you unless like you said, you meet a suffering criteria, this should be a choice not a privilege but yet they will never understand.

And people who say they understand or better yet they HAVE had these thoughts have gotten this idea in their head life has some sort of value knowing damn well we are all going to die anyways so why keep us locked in to suffer? Life is a meaningless ticking time bomb to death but all the sudden CTB is where the line is crossed? It doesn't make sense and it just puts all of us in years and years if suffering all just to die anyways. I am in so much pain and I don't need a fucking psychiatrist to tell me that I need to wait 60 more years THEN I can die. Truly awful.
Worst is that they never want to actually help. They like the idea of it, and I can understand it's unpleasant to see someone pass and they want to avoid it, but when they just punch down with the "you need help" rhetoric and no actual assistance then it's just cruel.

AtomicWaffles

AtomicWaffles

hxppy thxughts
Dec 15, 2023
Worst is that they never want to actually help. They like the idea of it, and I can understand it's unpleasant to see someone pass and they want to avoid it, but when they just punch down with the "you need help" rhetoric and no actual assistance then it's just cruel.
It's probably because they want the validation of being a savior and so they can take credit for "saving someones life". Probably so they can be more lovable by people.

CheekyPhobia

CheekyPhobia

Reasonless, well it stands to reason...
Aug 1, 2022
It's probably because they want the validation of being a savior and so they can take credit for "saving someones life". Probably so they can be more lovable by people.
Even without credit, it can feel nice to think that you are helping someone. The problem is that they arent. They are making things worse but under the assumption theyre helping and if you refuse their "help" then it's rude.

Reactions: AtomicWaffles
jbear824

jbear824

F*ck humanity. Let's end this.
Jul 4, 2023
Because human beings are fucking awful and quite frankly, deserve to go extinct. I'm glad climate change isn't stopping. Humanity deserves its fate.