• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
It doesn't make sense to me. I see so many people complain about life and our current system. I'm now starting to think that most people don't actually enjoy life to the extent that they claim they do and that instead they're just trying to make the best out of the one existence that they have. People do enjoy parts of their lives but they suffer too. Their first thought isn't suicide but rather about being more resilient and adapting themselves to be a better cog in the system than everybody else.

I would understand it if they did think about suicide but didn't act on it due to being too scared of the consequences but the issue is that they don't consider suicide as a solution at all. Now of course this may sound incorrect as they do say the "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem" quote. However, I think that, when they use that quote, they are just saying it in autopilot instead of actually thinking about what they're saying. I think that they don't see suicide as a solution at all.

Does anybody know why they don't see suicide as a solution to all of their issues? After all, with a successful suicide attempt, they no longer have to wage slave, they no longer have to suffer, they no longer have to complain or risk getting hurt in the future. This sentiment of mine is amplified when looking at people in third world countries. No matter which way you try and spin it, death does end all suffering and pain that your current self experiences forever

• Love
Reactions: iloverachel, escape_from_hell, BlockHammer and 11 others
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Accentuate the Positive
Sep 19, 2023
There's a distinction in that it is not a solution at all.

If I'm trying to complete a puzzle on my desk and struggling with it. . . and I decide to set it on fire and burn it to ashes, the puzzle is gone, but it was never solved.

People really want to be better. If you can feel any positivity in any aspect of life the you know it's possible to live a life that's worth it, even if the odds are low.

• Informative
Reactions: escape_from_hell, Bed, idontfeellikeimreal and 12 others
Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
I think it's simply because they don't suffer enough, there's not much to think about.

I believe that even the most prolife subjected to atrocious and long suffering will come to think about CTB sooner or later.

The fact of loving life or not is relative, they love life because they are well, those who are not well for obvious reasons tend to see it more negatively.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: destinationlosangel, todiefor, Andrew10 and 3 others
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Visionary
May 5, 2020
Well, I always say that if a person can find meaning in life and a path forward then go for it! Some people have suicidal ideations all their lives and never attempt, others have attempted and others may attempt at some point in the future. Nonetheless, if you are in a human body you are going to have to struggle. There is just no getting away from that. Life is hard, and it takes hard work to keep at it. Peace ✌️

Reactions: lnlybnny and divinemistress36
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Because most people are not suicidals?

• Yay!
Reactions: JustA_LittlePerson and Andrew10
sensitiveguy

sensitiveguy

Banned troll.
Jun 26, 2024
I realized that we as humans are not fully in control, we only control a small portion of our body, the "conscious mind." And the rest is uncontrollable, "unconscious and subconscious," that pushes us to survive or we will suffer, if we have money and we are hungry or thirsty. We will buy them. Or we will suffer. People who are used to that rhythm are obliged to follow it to feel relief, or they can confront suicide ideation. Then the unending battle between their conscious mind and unconscious mind starts, and it will never end unless they kill themselves or recover to the rhythm.

So people prefer relief. Easy. Suicide will not bring relief or suffering, but only non existence like every day sleep.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Jarni, 4everHeartBroken, todiefor and 1 other person
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
People do enjoy parts of their lives but they suffer too. Their first thought isn't suicide but rather about being more resilient and adapting themselves

I think you answered your own question.

• Informative
Reactions: Andrew10, avoid and ijustwishtodie
dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
I believe that there are two groups of people - those who want to die and those who just haven't realized that yet. It's completely not understandable to me 🤯 How amazing the good moment would have to be to think that the bad ones are worth it.

• Informative
Reactions: escape_from_hell, DeIetedUser4739, Alexei_Kirillov and 5 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Their "problems" are not real problems to them. It really takes a lot to become suicidal in my opinion.

• Informative
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739, divinemistress36 and ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
There's a distinction in that it is not a solution at all.

If I'm trying to complete a puzzle on my desk and struggling with it. . . and I decide to set it on fire and burn it to ashes, the puzzle is gone, but it was never solved.

People really want to be better. If you can feel any positivity in any aspect of life the you know it's possible to live a life that's worth it, even if the odds are low.
If suicide isn't a solution at all to them, that means that the problems we're looking at are different. Suicide is a solution to suffering after all as it's only possible to suffer if you are alive. If they don't want to solve the issue of suffering, what exactly do they want to solve? They must want something to be solved otherwise they wouldn't complain about their lives, right?
Because most people are not suicidals?
But then why are they not suicidal? This feels like circular reasoning to me.
So people prefer relief. Easy. Suicide will not bring relief or suffering, but only non existence like every day sleep.
I see non existence as a relief though. Sure, the non existent person can't actually feel the relief due to the self explanatory reason of them being non existent but, comparing their lives to non existence, they are in relief. 0 is a higher number than any negative number on the number scale after all.
I think you answered your own question.
I don't see it as an answer to my question. I get that they enjoy life sometimes and adapt as much as possible but my question is.. why choose that over suicide? Even if they enjoy life sometimes, they do have moments of suffering. Nobody enjoys life 24/7. There are lots of hardships and suffering in life. I get that people are more resilient than I am but, even so, life is difficult for them too as they complain about it anonymously on the internet.
Their "problems" are not real problems to them. It really takes a lot to become suicidal in my opinion.
No way... if their problems really aren't real problems to them... my mind is blown. If everything getting more unaffordable and them living paycheck to paycheck aren't real problems to them, what exactly are real problems to them?

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, pthnrdnojvsc and sserafim
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Accentuate the Positive
Sep 19, 2023
If suicide isn't a solution at all to them, that means that the problems we're looking at are different. Suicide is a solution to suffering after all as it's only possible to suffer if you are alive. If they don't want to solve the issue of suffering, what exactly do they want to solve? They must want something to be solved otherwise they wouldn't complain about their lives, right?
You're only looking at one side of the equation.

They see it as a scale, with suffering on one side and "good" on the other. (pleasure, love, happiness, contentedness, peace, etc.)

You are saying the problem is that suffering exists. They are saying the problem is suffering outweighing good. If they can get more good and lower the suffering, they'll consider the "problem" solved even if there is technically some suffering still left.

• Informative
Reactions: Andrew10 and ijustwishtodie
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
I believe that most people are essentially the same. They have the same drives, motivations, wants and goals. There's a reason why propaganda works, because it appeals to the collective unconscious. Anyways, the vast majority of people submit to, follow and obey authority. I think it's been programmed and conditioned in them to do so. That's why they just follow the roadmap that society sets for them, never questioning why or what exactly it is that they want. Most people believe and think what society tells them to think, and do what society tells them to do. Suicide is a taboo topic in our society and is highly stigmatized, so I think that most people shy away from entertaining suicidal thoughts because society tells everyone that suicide is bad, shameful, disgraceful and dishonorable. Society says that suicide is the coward's way out to discourage and prevent people from committing suicide.

Normies are also living life on autopilot and instinct. I doubt that any normies have sentience. They seem low sentience and low IQ to me. They're just sheep who obey and follow their shepherds. They have no minds of their own and can't think for themselves. Normies just follow the crowd and herd. They're like a hive mind and they all buy into groupthink due to herd mentality. Normies are wageslaves who think that they're free, but freedom is slavery. They're prisoners who don't even know that they're in prison. Some of them don't even have the awareness to know that they're miserable. Wageslavery isn't even a life. It's just an existence. Normies are only surviving, not truly living, yet they don't know this fact. I guess that ignorance truly is bliss

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: escape_from_hell, Praestat_Mori, divinemistress36 and 5 others
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
But then why are they not suicidal? This feels like circular reasoning to me.
I mean if suicide accounts for only 1.3% of all deaths world wide you can imagine the number of suicidals compared to world population...wouldn't the better question be why are we suicidals rather than why they aren't?

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, AvwJ, Unknown21 and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
No way... if their problems really aren't real problems to them... my mind is blown. If everything getting more unaffordable and them living paycheck to paycheck aren't real problems to them, what exactly are real problems to them?
For the vast majority of people, this is regular everyday life! They don't question it, they're probably used to it and they have arranged themselves with their situation.

Suffering is subjective. I would kill myself long before it would get that bad - that ofc if I'm able to do it that's another question then.

What's a big and unsolvable problem for someone must not be a big problem for someone else.

• Wow
Reactions: todiefor, thebelljarrr and ijustwishtodie
sensitiveguy

sensitiveguy

Banned troll.
Jun 26, 2024
I see non existence as a relief though. Sure, the non existent person can't actually feel the relief due to the self explanatory reason of them being non existent but, comparing their lives to non existence, they are in relief. 0 is a higher number than any negative number on the number scale after all.
To feel relief, you need to suffer first. Even if life's suffering outweighs relief, nonexistence will wipe away both suffering and relief. people are inherently designed to strive for relief. If we are sick, we will take medicine, if we are hungry, we will eat, if we are thirsty, we will drink. Our brains push us, even unconsciously.

From my personal experiences, I once slept during a tough, stormy night, and when I woke up, I was very delighted that I missed it. But at the same time, I found out that I also missed a delicious dinner, which made me very upset. Meaning it does not matter the degree of suffering or relief, even if I make a compromise and choose non-existence. I still inherently, consciously or unconsciously, strive for the good and avoid the bad. Non-existence is still the last option because it's nothing as spending 6 hours sleep.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
I believe that most people are essentially the same. They have the same drives, motivations, wants and goals. There's a reason why propaganda works, because it appeals to the collective unconscious. Anyways, the vast majority of people submit to, follow and obey authority. I think it's been programmed and conditioned in them to do so. That's why they just follow the roadmap that society sets for them, never questioning why or what exactly it is that they want. Most people believe and think what society tells them to think, and do what society tells them to do. Suicide is a taboo topic in our society and is highly stigmatized, so I think that most people shy away from entertaining suicidal thoughts because society tells everyone that suicide is bad, shameful, disgraceful and dishonorable. Society says that suicide is the coward's way out to discourage and prevent people from committing suicide.

Normies are also living life on autopilot and instinct. I doubt that any normies have sentience. They seem low sentience and low IQ to me. They're just sheep who obey and follow their shepherds. They have no minds of their own and can't think for themselves. Normies just follow the crowd and herd. They're like a hive mind and they all buy into groupthink due to herd mentality. Normies are wageslaves who think that they're free, but freedom is slavery. They're prisoners who don't even know that they're in prison. Some of them don't even have the awareness to know that they're miserable. Wageslavery isn't even a life. It's just an existence. Normies are only surviving, not truly living, yet they don't know this fact. I guess that ignorance truly is bliss
Holy shit, what a high IQ post. I like this post and I agree with every part of it. Perhaps you should become a philosopher or something

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Holy shit, what a high IQ post. I like this post and I agree with every part of it. Perhaps you should become a philosopher or something
I'll become a philosopher if @dödsängel comes back to SS ;)

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, divinemistress36 and ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
I'll become a philosopher if @dödsängel comes back to SS ;)
A real philosopher would use their philosophy skills to make him come back to SS

• Informative
Reactions: divinemistress36 and sserafim
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Accentuate the Positive
Sep 19, 2023
brevity is the soul of wit. I'll summarize:

"they're idiots."

That's basically it, right? That's the answer this thread was supposed to produce.

• Yay!
Reactions: AvwJ, divinemistress36, Infinite Solipsist and 2 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
brevity is the soul of wit. I'll summarize:

"they're idiots."

That's basically it, right? That's the answer this thread was supposed to produce.
Just because I thought sserafim's post was amazing doesn't mean that I thought that she answered my question. Her post is amazing but in its own right
Wdym? How so
Don't ask me, I'm not the philosopher. I don't know how to make him come back. Perhaps it isn't even possible

Reactions: sserafim
D

dolemitedrums

Experienced
Jun 12, 2024
I think most people enjoy their life and their future prospects more than the Sanctioned Suicide community. And I'm glad they do to be honest. I did myself for a very long time.

• Informative
Reactions: todiefor and ijustwishtodie
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Suffering.
Feb 28, 2023
So I think you're talking about why people don't think of suicide as a solution. The main reason is because suicide is culturally unacceptable, and people don't do things that are taboo. It's the same reason why people wear clothes.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, redeeming_butterfly, thebelljarrr and 4 others
D

dolemitedrums

Experienced
Jun 12, 2024
So I think you're talking about why people don't think of suicide as a solution. The main reason is because suicide is culturally unacceptable, and people don't do things that are taboo. It's the same reason why people wear clothes.

Well partly that it is taboo but partly because they view the rest of their life as more valuable than ending their current problems, possibly because their current problems don't rise to a level where suicide seriously enters the array of options. And I'm glad it doesn't for most people. But give everyone enough time, enough pain, enough of the things that add up or foreclose options or do harm in other ways...and eventually everyone or almost everyone at some point will be ready to go.

• Hugs
Reactions: todiefor
Infinite Solipsist

Infinite Solipsist

Jun 20, 2024
Perhaps those who successfully complete suicide have a quantifiable difference in the physiology of their brains that allows them to defeat SI. This is just a hypothesis so don't go too hard on me

• Informative
Reactions: divinemistress36
thebelljarrr

thebelljarrr

Apr 26, 2024
I think it comes down to our programming to live until natural death, like the nature of ur brain that makes u drink when thirsty etc. The minds of some of us were just able to realize how fucked up everything. Besides the society part, religion also plays a big part in this, living in a religious place myself n seeing their terror of the unknown or hell n how suicide is a sin simply makes it more unlikely for them to think about it.

• Hugs
Reactions: todiefor, Alexei_Kirillov, sserafim and 1 other person
thetruetato

thetruetato

Student
Jan 1, 2024
It doesn't make sense to me. I see so many people complain about life and our current system. I'm now starting to think that most people don't actually enjoy life to the extent that they claim they do and that instead they're just trying to make the best out of the one existence that they have. People do enjoy parts of their lives but they suffer too. Their first thought isn't suicide but rather about being more resilient and adapting themselves to be a better cog in the system than everybody else.

I would understand it if they did think about suicide but didn't act on it due to being too scared of the consequences but the issue is that they don't consider suicide as a solution at all. Now of course this may sound incorrect as they do say the "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem" quote. However, I think that, when they use that quote, they are just saying it in autopilot instead of actually thinking about what they're saying. I think that they don't see suicide as a solution at all.

Does anybody know why they don't see suicide as a solution to all of their issues? After all, with a successful suicide attempt, they no longer have to wage slave, they no longer have to suffer, they no longer have to complain or risk getting hurt in the future. This sentiment of mine is amplified when looking at people in third world countries. No matter which way you try and spin it, death does end all suffering and pain that your current self experiences forever
In my opinion, it's a matter of evaluation. If a person evaluated that their life is objectively worse than nonexistence and will remain so in the future, they will hope for death. If they evaluate the opposite, they will want to live. In both cases it isn't a result of mental illness, as such evaluation is the most rational way to look at life. The reason most people do not consider suicide or wish for death is that they evaluate life differently or could simply be in a better situation compared to someone who is suicidal. Apart from that, I feel like there isn't much difference between someone who wants to live and someone who wants to die. Suicide would technically solve their problems, but they believe that there are benefits to being alive that outweigh the problems.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: todiefor, Bed and AvwJ
B

betternever2havbeen

Elementalist
Jun 19, 2022
I think they just don't want to admit failure, it's not an option for them and suicide is seen as giving up in their eyes. Their solution to all their problems is usually to have a kid 😒 I would never encourage suicide of course but I have had hypothetical discussions with family about what would be their "limit" of suffering and basically there wasn't one! Which was mind-blowing to me. They seem to think nothing would make them want to die or make them wish they hadn't been born. Even if you bring up hypothetical extreme suffering, it's still "no I would still be happy I was born" :notsure:. But how can you possibly KNOW until you're in that situation and crying out in unbearable pain? I would never have wanted to be born for the potential to suffer alone.

Reactions: redeeming_butterfly and sserafim
B

BardBarrie

Experienced
Mar 17, 2024
Because most people don't actually want to die, including those of us who don't want to live.

Being dead, yes. But going through the process of dying is traumatic and will fucking suck, since we're hardwired to be averse to such things.

Reactions: Unknown21 and betternever2havbeen
B

betternever2havbeen

Elementalist
Jun 19, 2022
Because most people don't actually want to die, including those of us who don't want to live.

Being dead, yes. But going through the process of dying is traumatic and will fucking suck, since we're hardwired to be averse to such things.
I'm VERY hardwired to avoid death (guess it's why I'm still here) even if it was just drinking N and no pain. It's very hard psychologically. Do you just think people know they won't be able to ever do it so why bother contemplating it? I do wonder if I'll ever be able to go through with it myself and then I'll just look back knowing I wasted 10 years planning a suicide that'll never happen.

Reactions: Kurai, escape_from_hell, divinemistress36 and 1 other person