thesilliestgoose

thesilliestgoose

Life is pointless torture
Jun 20, 2023
I've noticed that most of the time when I click to view someone's profile they have it private. Why is that? Is there a specific reason to hide what you post from others?

Reactions: Crono and lachrymost
Wants-To-End

Wants-To-End

Dec 13, 2022
I've noticed that most of the time when I click to view someone's profile they have it private. Why is that? Is there a specific reason to hide what you post from others?

I also wondered about it initially, but I think ;- Nobody, Hides them I guess, It is the default setting in this site may be?
I don't even know, other can see my profile or not (even though there is nothing to see)

Red Desert

Red Desert

Here for a short time. Здесь на короткое время.
Apr 24, 2023
It's done by default, just probably privacy protection and people don't know about it and don't turn it off.

By the way, you have a "closed profile" too ;)

Reactions: thesilliestgoose, Aesthetic guy and FormerlyFe(IV)
SuicidalOrganism

SuicidalOrganism

Experienced
May 31, 2023
Probably not comfortable with revealing personal info like their history

Reactions: psp3000
C

Crono

-
Jun 1, 2023
If you use the search function you can see all the comments that a user has made, but in the last few days there has been some error and it doesn't show recent comments, only old ones.

Reactions: Red Desert and lachrymost
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
This is a public forum so people cannot really hide what they post from others unless somebody chooses to hide what they write on their profile page. As already said, I think it's the default setting which could explain why most accounts are set to that.

FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
Considering the nature of the forums, I don't think everyone's goal is to socialize and make lots of friendships.
Anonymity and no pressure from peering eyes is always nice.

I don't mind, I was a forum kid way back when. VT/GT if that means anything to anyone.
I kinda like it here.