Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

šŸŽµ Be all, end all šŸŽµ
Apr 17, 2023
Things do offend me every so often, but I don't expect other people to alter their behavior to appease me. I've had guy friends before who greeted me with "hey what's up bitch" in a banter kind of way. I find that offensive and as a result, I then move on to being friends with other people.

Reactions: thgilrats
CentreMid

CentreMid

Sorry
Aug 23, 2018
If I may ask, do you mean people being crass? Or bigots? If someone is merely being rude then yes, it's best to ignore them and move on, whereas bigots should always be called out for the hateful things they do.

Reactions: cgrtt.brns
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Guess it depends on the person. Some people are very sensitive around certain issues I guess. If it's something central to your life and identity though- and you feel like people are always taking pop shots at it- probably any small thing will just compound how ostracized you feel. I think some people have genuine grievances because their 'kind' have been shunned or picked on likely throughout their lives. So- if it's some snide remark about gender, race, appearance, sexual orientation etc- they may just snap because they're sick of hearing it.

If it's just a phrase they don't particularly like though- I imagine people could just be asked not to use it. I imagine the more extreme response of being offended is because there was something they found offensive about it. If they're actually a friend- it's probably worth finding out what upset them.

Reactions: cgrtt.brns and Sprite_Geist